North Cyprus Tourist Board - More dogs poisoned at Gecitkoy Reservoir
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > More dogs poisoned at Gecitkoy Reservoir

More dogs poisoned at Gecitkoy Reservoir

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

caroletavy

Message Posted:
05/02/2009 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Three dogs were poisoned today on a walk around the reservoir. Thankfully the owners got the dogs to the vets in time and they should survive.

Dog owners and parents beware.

Carole

frontalman

Message Posted:
06/02/2009 11:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Our vet is threatening to charge us rent we are there so often. Our unlucky bitch picked up a small body part which looked at least ten years dead and was black and leathery in appearance up in the mountains just before Gecitkoy on Wednesday. Two minutes later we were rushing back to the car as the shaking had started, got her to be sick with salt water then got her to Firdez in double quick time. She's OK thank God, but it's her third time in four weeks and in a place we've walked lots of times before with no problem. Really pisses me off.

SaraP

Message Posted:
06/02/2009 12:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

This is so horrible that people are poisening dogs.The only thing that I think would help stop the dogs eating this poisen would be to put a muzzle on when you take dogs for a walk. An article suggesting this was in the Cyprus today a few months ago.I hope this idea helps.

Lilli

Message Posted:
06/02/2009 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

when oh when will this government do something. stop the sale of poision to allow this to carry on its just barbaric.

Amber

Message Posted:
06/02/2009 12:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

This evil act is getting worse. Heard of another dog in Karsiyaka died last week, again in its garden. Can this be one person doing this, KAR believe it is the action of a mad man, not a shepherd as once thought??

Frontalman - hope your dog is ok, Firdez is great.

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
06/02/2009 14:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

When people get dogs poisoned in their own garden, i sometimes wonder if it's not a pissed off neighbour...blaming a local shepherd...?

I know of plenty of people who often complain about barking dogs...hell i'd bet 90% of the folk who live here have had to deal with it at some time, and although i wouldn't and i'd like to think most people wouldn't,unfortunately there will always be someone who gets really angry and will stop at nothing to stop an irritating barking dog...

PS...Pertev is the best vet!!! yay!!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.