North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turkish
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turkish

Turkish

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

monkey

Message Posted:
31/12/2007 01:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Hi

hope everyone had a great xmas!

I really want to learn the turkish language and have brought cds etc but would prefer a tutor - does any one know of any in the midlands/ cheshire region??

ukturk

Message Posted:
31/12/2007 11:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

hi monkey

hope you had a good x-mas too,

i really dont know of any tutors in the north most of them are in the south, but im sure you can find 1 or 2

if you want to learn the basics i started a thread earlier this year has a lot of words and phrases give it a try and tell what you think (link below), also if you need any specific words or any sentances translated dont hesitate in contacting me ill be more than happy to help

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/show-message.asp?messageID=771

regards

ukturk

monkey

Message Posted:
31/12/2007 19:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Thanks very much!

tutors are really hard to find - someone told to me to try and get friendly with a man at the local kebap shop!! but i can hardly fit in my jeans after xmas so that may be a bad idea!!

thanks for the link its good to know i now have my own personal online translater!!

thanks again - will let you know how i get on - have a good new year whatever you are up to!

regards

monkey

pilgrim

Message Posted:
01/01/2008 02:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

like it Monkey, great image springs to mind!

regards

p

ukturk

Message Posted:
01/01/2008 16:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

hi monkey (kim)

no probs im always willing to help a princess in need of help!!!! lol

hope you had a good night whatever you did and happy new year and you to paul

reagrds

ukturk (erkan)

p.s im sure you still look good even if you cant fit in to your jeans and asking your local kebab man is no good cos he will only teach you food words which you dont wont to learn if you are going to try to fit in to them jeans again!!! lol

monkey

Message Posted:
01/01/2008 19:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

thankyou Erkan - will stay away from the local kebab man from now on !

well i hope you both had a great new years! i had lady flu but will make up for it when im better!

so is everyone going to tell me more about themselves or im a going to be a lonley little monkey on here forever???

ukturk

Message Posted:
02/01/2008 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

no probs monkey

yep keep away from that evil kebab man!!! lol

i hope you get over your lady flu asap not sure if thats from to much drink or its that time of the month lol

ahh you are making me sad would not want you to be a lonely little monkey on this forum dont worry ill be your friend if you need one!!! lol let me tell you a bit about myself well where do i start

i was born in 1972 in cyprus but by the age of 2 cos of the problems me mum,dad both sets of grandparents moved over to the u.k they all had british passports because back in the day cyprus was under british rule

i lived in north london where most all of the turkish cypriot population are,

while still living in london still managed to go back to cyprus every school holidays, then 8 years ago sold my houses and moved over to marmaris turkey intailly for work but now im semi retired and spend half of my year in cyprus and half in turkey well thats a bit about me monkey lets hear your story

regards

erkan (ukturk)

monkey

Message Posted:
02/01/2008 12:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Merhaba erkan!

nasilsiniz? sağol for being my forum friend!

I am getting over my lady flu - which is normal flu but so much worse than man flu

I was born in 1981- and have always lived in west mids / Shropshire and a few years ago my mum and dad decided to buy in North Cyprus - I have been going over a few times a year since then and also decided to buy an apartment at Esentepe which has just been finished! as for my future plans i have no idea if i will live or just holiday in cyprus ! the world is my oyster

so semi retired at your age - i do envy you and I have heard Marmaris is lovely.

What do you do when you are not doing the retired bit??

ukturk

Message Posted:
02/01/2008 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

merhaba benim arkadaş (my friend)

im impressed with your turkish or did you just get that from my thread on learning turkish!!! lol

when im not doing the retired bit i can only descibe myself as a advisor to the expat community im like a middle man in translating-buying and selling houses and boats and cars-funiture shopping and generally info man because me being fluent in turkish and english and having the english mentality but also have the turkish way of thinking the expats community warm to me more than a just a turk who can speak english and most of them love me being the turkish cheeky chappy from london but i must say i do come accross some jealous types i dont know what it is maybe cos im quite young and managed to get out of the rat race at such a early age where most people cant manage it till they are older or they dont like taking advice from such a young bloke!!

yep you are right marmaris is a lovely place the jewel of south east turkey but i have the best of both worlds spending my year in both countries and only really go back to the u.k for holidays to see family and friends or to sort the house out for the next person who is going to rent of me

anyways enuf about me just to say your more than welcome to look me up if you are ever to holiday in marmaris or even cyprus and ill show you the sights and before anyone comments this includes you to!!!! lol

take care

erkan

monkey

Message Posted:
02/01/2008 14:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Thats so kind of you erkan - and i will definatly hold you to that!

It would be great to go over to cyprus and meet more people that live over there and find out more about the culture etc and more importantly the nice places to eat and drink!

sounds like you help a lot of people out with your knowledge and wisdom!

Oh and yes my turkish attempt - came from your thread which is helping me and it must be good if you were impressed!

you take care too

Kim

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.