North Cyprus Tourist Board - They reckon tourists are coming but what is there to offer them???
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > They reckon tourists are coming but what is there to offer them???

They reckon tourists are coming but what is there to offer them???

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

MrAngry

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 17:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 90 in Discussion

Crazy place this is.

Big headline that tourists will increase this year. So thats the good news!!

What is ther for them?

Second rate hotels. OK we have big flash ones, but why are the tourists coming. Because they are skint.

Entertainment? Well, they are all having to leave because the Government think that they are taking jobs away from the TC's. Tell me how! Remember when you go on holiday. It's nice to see a local act but where do we all head to? The venues with UK entertainers.

Ladies and Getlemen. Please welcome on stage, singing a load of Elvis songs "Ali Presley"

What can the tourists look at while they are here. Well plenty of rubbish dumped all over the place for a start.

MrAngry

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 17:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 90 in Discussion

Come on the TRNC. Use your brains. You may be lucky this year with tourists. Not because you promoted the place well. More like default because no one can afford to go anywhere else. But will they come back the following year? I doubt it. Definately not if they are looking for the usual package holiday.

This place is hardly fun central and whats more its getting worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buck your ideas up.

negativenick

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 17:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 90 in Discussion

NOTHING TO OFFER ???

There's.................................................................................

..............................................................................................

Litter....................................................................................

3rd rate entertainment.........................................................

er.........................................................................................

um........................................................................................

i'm with you Mr Angry....

Nick

MrAngry

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 17:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 90 in Discussion

Don't get me wrong I am not knocking the entertainment out here. Many of my good friends are the leading entertainers in the TRNC. However, people do knock the entertainment in the TRNC but I can tell you that they all do their best, especially when you see how much they get paid (peanuts springs to mind!).

If you think it's bad now, wait and see what you will have when they have all either left or been deported. Hope you like nothing but Turkish nights. Oh the thought of another belly dancer, whinning turkish music and sloppy Turkish meze.

Hector

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 17:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 90 in Discussion

Tourists? Increase? Ooh look there's a pink ele... No wait! News just in....this is NC after all...hotel occupancy rates up 100%, new guest books in....

BigBen

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 90 in Discussion

What/which turist?

Until they sort out the transportation, there will not be any noticable increase in turist.

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 18:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 90 in Discussion

Mr Angry.....I see you live in Girne

Quote "Oh the thought of another belly dancer, whinning turkish music and sloppy Turkish meze. "

If you think that badly of the place I wonder what you are doing here!

Obviously one of those 'whinging expats' who wants to eat Full English Breakfast, Roast beef sunday lunch, sing Karaoke & watch football on a big screen tv - I bet you wear union jack shorts & drink lager!

Why don't you try Benidorm!!!!!

The TRNC is paradise to me - I have never frequented any of these places with english entertainers, english food etc as the attraction for me is the sunshine, the beautiful scenery, the friendly local people and the wonderful local food!

Maggie

Hector

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 18:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 90 in Discussion

"Obviously one of those 'whinging expats' who wants to eat Full English Breakfast, Roast beef sunday lunch, sing Karaoke & watch football on a big screen tv - I bet you wear union jack shorts & drink lager!

Why don't you try Benidorm!!!!! "

I think your sweeping comment reflects badly on you.

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 18:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 90 in Discussion

Hector,

I was only reacting angrily to Mr Angry's statement - Oh the thought of another belly dancer, whinning turkish music and sloppy Turkish meze. "

Apologies if I offended any expats, that was not my intention!

Maggie

Hector

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 18:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 90 in Discussion

Maggie

Thank you for your offer of an apology, should it be offered to Mr Angry in particular?

tanker

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 90 in Discussion

well done maggie and bernie my thoughts exactly

Littlenige

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 90 in Discussion

over priced Donner kebabs @ Fast food alsancak

closed hotels

closed bars

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Dead dogs on the beach , loads of poison on the beaches

Stinking sea weed

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 90 in Discussion

nige

i think it may be time you were back in good old blighty,

stay out of the water.

musin

long live the kktc

bah100

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 90 in Discussion

Have to agree with Mr Angry about the attractions of TRNC. Met a couple this week who were visiting here for the first time and they said they would never come again because of the litter and lack of quality entertainment. They loved their accomodation at Altin Kaya but worries me what they say when they return to Britain. Can't see many more coming here especially with the difficulty of getting Direct Flights.

Hector

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 90 in Discussion

I'm sorry but why is it that when someone dares to point out the truth about certain aspects of NC that they are attacked in such a vitriolic manner? I'm all for constructive debate and opposite views being put forward. If there are facts to rebut the points re lack of quality entertainment, litter or dead dogs, I'd love to hear them.

sylvie

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 90 in Discussion

cyprus is beautiful, if you don't want to see beauty, too bad for you- looking for nice TC people, traditionnal food, which i learn to make - there is not ideal place but when you choose to expat somewhere you have no right to complain beacause there must be a good reason for you to be in TRNC - if not why don't you go back where the grass is greener ! i must say, as french, it would be more difficult for me to adapt than english people because there is a community, in a way that is why learning turkish language and mix with TC make it easier to integrate - we choose not to live in TRNC permanently and for the time being it is suitable for us -

Cruella

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 90 in Discussion

On hindsight I wish I had bought in Benidorm instead of TRNC at least my house would have been worth something!

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 90 in Discussion

I agree Silvie! No it,s not perfect here but where is?

A lot of people seem to come to TRNC and then want to 'britify' it - IT'S NOT BRITAIN! deal with it! You want the sunshine but none of the rest.

Have a think about the wonderful UK........crime, violence, insolent youths you wouldn't dare speak to for fear of being stabbed, high council tax, unemployment, crap weather could go on - Oh and as for litter - well walk round any town/city in UK on a Sunday morning and look at the takeaway boxes etc from the night before!

As for the dead dogs on the beaches, well I'm not saying there aren't any but I've been to many beaches and have yet to see any dead dogs - Incidently the beach (where children play) is not really the ideal place to exercise your dog!

Hector - I certainly DO NOT offer my apologies to Mr Angry - I think you missed my point completely!

Musin, Well said & yes! long live the kktc!!

Maggie

dixie normus

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 90 in Discussion

Some folk believe dead dogs are fresh meat, litter is gold, and being ripped off is just the charming mediteranian way, if you opened a shop in Girne taking the blinkers off expats it would be the only one making a sov. If more tourists get here the word will be on the street and I doubt it will be a good word.Stop telling these people that the TRNC is the jewel in the med, tell the truth and we may just get someone that can make a decission to take note, and get things on track.

D.N

Hector

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 90 in Discussion

Oh gawd she's gone native!

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 90 in Discussion

Oh how 'she' wishes she could Hector! the moment, due to commitments back in UK, I can only do six week stints out there for now but I can honestly say when I walk out of the arrivals hall at Ercan the stress just washes off me! When it's time to return to do my 'time' in UK I get positively depressed at the thought of it - Can't wait till I can be there permanently in the sunshine - with my lovely TC neighbours and all that lovely local food!

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 90 in Discussion

Sh*t don't know how that happened - only sent it once..honest!

fatboy

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 90 in Discussion

why do the majority of english want it to be england.Stay in UK for gods sake and leave us boring buggers to get on with our lives.It's better than the life we left behind.Shove yer karioke.

Hector

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 90 in Discussion

I know your feelings re stress washing off you when you get to the arrivals hall at Ercan. I love the feeling when having cleared the airport, sitting down with my friends for a meal and that first ice cold efes....

chick

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 90 in Discussion

msg1.

What do you want Ayia Napa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Msg 7

Totally agree with you, there are many tourist come year after year myself included and thats all we want is the locals (Cypriots)

chick

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 90 in Discussion

msg1.

What do you want Ayia Napa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Msg 7

Totally agree with you, there are many tourist come year after year myself included and thats all we want is the locals (Cypriots)

pilgrim

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 19:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 90 in Discussion

have had many friends to our villa over the past 4 years everyone loved the place, always found plenty to do as well, good restaurants, wonderful beaches , not to mention the weather! lighten up and enjoy.

Hector

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 90 in Discussion

I don't think that 'the majority of english want it to be england.' Utopia to me would be the Cypriot way but with truth, justice, laws that apply to everyone and if I choose to go to a restuarant that serves english (or Indian/Chinese/Italian) food when i want then why not? I may complain about the litter, lawyers, certain policies that disciminate against expats etc. That may be because I care about the island and it's future. Can the many Cypriots living (and working!) in the UK not complain about what they consider wrong? Are they to be abused because they go to Cypriot restuarants to name but one issue?

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 20:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 90 in Discussion

"You" (if the cap fits "you") sad Brits/people! Go home, go to Benidorm, go to any place where you would be happy. ***WHO*** invited you to come here?! Complaints about the food, the dead dogs on the beaches etc, etc. Sickening mentality. Go home to "Blighty", I for one won't miss you - on the contrary that is.

PS. Maggie&Bernie, wherewe may disgree - not on your posting in this thread.

PPS. There's too much dust in summertime (please write another moaning and whinging letter to Cyprus Today...). There's too little water and there's not..., etc etc.

P3S. Where do you go for good food?! When did you last visit a tiny village where they still offer you old fashioned Turkish Cypriot hospitality?

Indeed: long live KKTC/TRNC, where ***I*** am happy to live.

Hans sorry for hijacking your post but can I add my name to this post?

Too late it is done.

AJ

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 90 in Discussion

Well said DC! there's hope for us yet! ha ha

Take care

Maggie x

Linus

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 20:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 90 in Discussion

Thats exactly why the right type of people will come . Lack of noisy entertaintment , disco bars etc suits me fine. Beautiful scenery , great weathe and restaraunts, lovely people. If you want Blackpool and Benidorm as already has been said why the hell are you here. I will certainly been talking the place up not down. I know several people who have been everywhere in Europe and prefer NC because it is unique for now anyway.

For God;s sake stop wingeing. Just leave if you dont like it or it doesn't appeal to you

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 90 in Discussion

Well said DC. When I read these threads I wonder if those starting and maintaing this bad image threads are RoC sympathisers trying to destroy the tourist trade here.

Like any holiday destination TRNC has its own attration for people. If you need to be continually entetained then it is not for you.

A question was posed above what is there? OK

Drive across mountains St Hilarion to Karsiyaka.

Ditto Karsiyaka to Yilmazkoy

The coast road from Tatlisu to Buyukonuk

Spend a couple of days on Karpaz.

Visit the walled cities of Lefkosa and Gazi Magusa

Visit Salamis, St Hilarion etc.

Must go to Mavi Kosk.

On any of these trips try one of the eating establishments Hans mentions.

I am sure others would add to my shortened list.

I would say to the whingers, get out and visit your adopted country and if you still do not like it......................................

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 21:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 90 in Discussion

Been coming to TRNC for many years. The first time we visited (1989/1990) was on the recommendation of a friend, who though we would like it. We loved it! Over the years, we have, obviously, met a lot of people; some liked it, some didn't. I would never advise anyone to go on holiday there because to me, it's always been a "love it or loathe it" kind of place. Bear in mind that 20 odd years ago, it was a very different place - no music bars, no "pubs" as such and, personally we liked it that way. My son was about 10 when we first visited and he still loves it. The appeal of N.C. for us was that it was unique. There have been a lot of changes in the name of "progress" - some good and some not so good, but we still come back, as do many others.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 21:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 90 in Discussion

RE msg 33, The-Wicks : I'm only sorry that I didn't know about Northern Cyprus 10-15 years ago - winking now: a grave error. ( Now that I live here permanently (I hope) I have not been sorry for 10-15 minutes. I don't find here what I didn't like to find in Holland every day - shouldn't that make me a happy person? It does, it bloody does. And I appreciate it daily and thoroughly.

SaraP

Message Posted:
08/02/2009 13:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 90 in Discussion

So many so happy, so many are not. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it always gets out of hand on this forum with personal slatings!

It will never be love and peace. See you on the beach!

Happy Hussar

Message Posted:
08/02/2009 22:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 90 in Discussion

We had lots of visits last year from family and friends. They enjoyed the scenary, the weather, the beaches ( around Catalkoy ) and the local Restaurants and Bars. I dragged them up St Helarion, around Famagusta and took them on all day Boat Trips but what they enjoyed most was the Time Machine music show at the Fez. A good meal and a great night out.

Come back Dave, all is forgiven!!

Tony

lottie

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 90 in Discussion

Maggie and Bernie have hit the nail on the head ! It seems there are a lot of people here who would rather be in Benidorm and probably can't afford to move. What were they looking for when they came to Cyprus ? Did they do any research before they came ?

Hippo

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 13:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 90 in Discussion

MSG 29

The Sad Crusader and all things local are good all things foreign are bad AJ.

The critisisims posted are quite valid there are problems here water, litter, dog poisening you can not deny them.

If the TRNC wishes to increase tourism then it needs desperatley to address these issues.

The TC hospitality is wonderfull nobody denies that and it is a great selling point but to move forward it also needs to embrace a more cosmopolitan type of tourism to run in parallel.

Unfortunatley not everyone wishes to eat aubergine and Firnin Kepbap.

I agree i certainly would not wish to see an embroyo Benidorm but Ayia Napa seems to live quite symbiotically with the Troodos villages.

Room for both the Hippo advocates.

ricky

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 13:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 90 in Discussion

msg 34 : I agree with your opinion, what you had in own country, you don't need it in trnc. I found that there is already to much english football on TV in bars and pubs!!

caulkhead

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 13:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 90 in Discussion

Hippo - you cannot be serious! Leave Aya Napa where it is and go down and enjoy yourself if you like but please don't try and recreate it in the North. I admit I am a NIMBY but I also think that holyday makers are a lot more discerning these days . The North should make the most of the fact that it is not like Aya Napa or it will just become another Costa Crap destination competing with all the other Costa Craps in the Med. We still have a USP and we should make the most of it.

LondonCypriot

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 15:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 90 in Discussion

If you want crime go to South Africa.

England is beautiful, at least you have rains, people are kinder to animals, there is always electricity and grass is a lot greener. And the supermarket prices are cheap too, and you are always treated equally and with respect.

maybemike

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 16:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 90 in Discussion

give trnc 3 years then you will have it all here, kiss me quick hats the lot benidorm all over again then you will be moaning to many tourists

daisy dukes

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 16:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 90 in Discussion

msg 41... and if you come now, you'l have snow too!!

Hippo

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 16:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 90 in Discussion

I cant see what the problem is with an Ayai Napa type resort in the North.

i am not advocating a wholesale Benidormism but such one facility would be extreamly benificial in attracting those tourists that favour that sort of holiday.

To be more controversial what about Famag. its sits next to Varosha which was more Benidorm than Benidorm in its day and in the event of a setlement will again be developed in that idiom one would suspect.

As i said in my previous posts there are still the traditional villages in the south that retain the charm and hospitality that was always the attraction of Cyprus.

By carefull land designation ie. adoption of some sort of structure plan i supose a Unitary Development Plan then the government can steer the creation of such resorts in a structured and sympathetic maner.

What it would do is stop the inappropriate piecemeal development that is at present taking place.

chick

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 90 in Discussion

Hi Hippo

I first went to Ayia Napa 27 years ago, a sleepy little fishing village. At that time Spain was getting a reputation and the Cypriots said that would never happen in Cyprus. I went back to Ayia Napa about 6-7yrs ago and could not believe what I saw, and it is not only Ayia Napa, Paphos is the same only a bit more low key.

I have been coming to North Cyprus for 24yrs and tho it has changed dramati ctily, I hope it never becomes like the South.

breezyboy

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 17:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 90 in Discussion

Gosh it is so easy to wind you lot up.

Check Mr Angry's name----Wayne Ker !!!!! Never a truer handle!!!

Nick replies in record time as if waiting for the last keystroke from Mr Angry!

If they dont like it , this forum should have a whipround to get them one way tickets home.

I love the place or I would not have invested as much as I have in TRNC. So stop groaning, if nothing positive to say, then shut up.

lottie

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 90 in Discussion

Leave Ayia Napa to the 18-30s. A lot of tourists come to the North just because it isn't like the southern resorts. Hippo are you from the Iow ? People come here for the same reasons as people go to TRNC. They don't want what people want in Clacton ! They appreciate the scenery, the walking and the relative peace and quiet.

MrAngry

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 90 in Discussion

Breezyboy (MSG46)

You would be Mr Angry if you had parents with a sense of humour like mine had!!

When did I give you a bashing on the forum, so why give me one.

Anyway, that out of the way. What you all (apart from a few) seem to be missing the point I have been making. The kind of people that go on cheap package holidays expect more than what they are going to get here. So I fear they will be highly disappointed. Do people that usually go on package tours choose places like the TRNC normally. NO. The do like Benidorm etc.

This country is heading down the road to ruin because of the building sector going to the wall. So the only thing it can fall back on is the tourist trade but they never invest in it.

I have not made any statement saying I don't like it here or I think we should turn it into England. God help us!! If I wanted that I would have stayed in the UK. All I am doing is stating the facts and if you all took your blinkers of you will see I am right.

MrAngry

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 20:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 90 in Discussion

Who is going to eat in all the restuarants and drink in all the bars? There are not enough people living here for this country to sustain a living in it's isolation. It has to be self sufficient. If things continue country will be back in the dark ages. This was not so long ago. When I first came here in 1997 things were a long way from where they are now. The country did move forwards but this was solely down to building/construction. Like any company facing the bad times, if they are going to be successful they need to change and that is what this country needs to do. Smarten itself up and promote itself. First impressions last!!

sausageandpas

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 20:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 90 in Discussion

Hi DutchCrusader,

Just wondered how Spot was. Last time we spoke, Spot had not long arrived in TRNC.

Regards,

Sausageandpash

MrAngry

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 20:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 90 in Discussion

One thing I forgot to mention.

If the Government does not make money from Tourists coming back year after year and bars and restuarants close. Where will they get their money from? From the expats of course.

batterboy58

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 20:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 90 in Discussion

I would point out that even Benidorm had to start somewhere, it hasn't always been all glitter.

There used to be litter in the spanish resorts and abandoned cars in the back streets and half finished buildings everywhere.

It takes time before things are spoiled, it will not happen overnight.

Personally I don't go to NC for Karaoke and Fish & Chips, I wouldn't want to change much, the attraction for me is as it is.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 21:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 90 in Discussion

I have just donated £1000 to the 'Repatriate Moaning Brit Expats' fund.

AJ

AndyP

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 21:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 90 in Discussion

Nice one AJ He He He

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 23:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 90 in Discussion

Well done AJ, AP will you double it???

I will contribute if it will guarantee to get rid of the whingers who destroy the forums.

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 23:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 90 in Discussion

AJ I'm in the cold horrible UK at the moment but when I get back ,(mid March) perhaps we could have a flag day for the R.M.B.E. Fund!

Maggie

onlyme

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 90 in Discussion

just want to say i have lived here now for nearly 11 years ,i still wake each morning and see the splendid mountains,istill walk the coastline to veiw the magnificent med ,i still see the great variety of fruit trees and flowers,and i still greet nice people in simple villages that choose to lead a simple life,yes there are problems but i would rather tackle problems here than back in the u.k ,long live the village shop open whenever you need it

Chicken Run

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 11:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 90 in Discussion

God, what is it with some people. I have lost some money on a property purchase, but the second one went well. My electric has gone up alot and we lost a dog last week. However I love the island i have called home for nearly 7 years and I think thej problems of teh UK are far worse than here.

Some people think the glass is half full and some think it'd half empty. Let the Negatives be Negative and live a misserable life. The rest of us can enjoy what with have!

fire starter

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 90 in Discussion

everyone has days when they get fed up.

when i do i just book a holiday to the uk.

soon as i get there i want to come home!

breezyboy

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 90 in Discussion

AJ

Please let me have details of the Repatriate Wingeing Ex Pats Fund.

I can afford a sizeable donation from my high interest YTL accounts!

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 90 in Discussion

RE msg 41, "Hoppi" : (...) I cant see what the problem is with an Ayai Napa type resort in the North. (...)

===> This means you don't understand your own problem.

britvic

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 90 in Discussion

For Goodness sake! moaners and wingers alike, if you were here in three inches of snow full of flu, and unable to get your car off the drive, then is the time for a brief moan! If the holiday home that you have paid your life savings on, will NEVER be built, you are entitled to moan. Do you not think people read this? Some tourist deciding to look at Cyprus for their holiday stumbles across Cyprus 44, and thinks "Definitely the place to take my family" I should think they have just been put off for life!

britvic

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 14:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 90 in Discussion

...................................Not very good spellers!

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 90 in Discussion

trncc. The worst drivers in the world, the people are friendly until they get behind a wheel, pavements you can't walk on because they are used as car parks. Zebra crossings that are taken no notice of. Paths along the headland where you can't walk because of broken glass bottles.

britvic

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 16:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 65 of 90 in Discussion

Would it be a horrible thing to pick up the broken glass bottles, or any litter you see along the way, not just for your own sake but for the sake of the wildlife?

Chicken Run

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 66 of 90 in Discussion

You sad moaning lot... i think you wouldn't be happy wherever you were. If you see nothinmg good in the TRNC maybe you should leave us to enjoy it and go moan on some other board. You lot really are going to the grave as very, very sad individuals!!!

britvic

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 17:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 67 of 90 in Discussion

Hear, Hear Chicken Run

lottie

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 18:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 68 of 90 in Discussion

Not just bad spellers....lousy spellers and non existant grammar ! Could llow self esteem be making you all so unhappy ?

lottie

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 69 of 90 in Discussion

..................apologies for the double l in low. Finger shaking with annoyance !

britvic

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 70 of 90 in Discussion

Lol, Lottie!

lottie

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 19:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 71 of 90 in Discussion

SORRY I MEANT TO SAY CAULKHEAD (NOT HIPPO) ARE YOU FROM the IoW ?

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 20:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 72 of 90 in Discussion

OK so we have the following members that I think would like to be repatriated to their home country.

Mr Angry

trncc

negativenick

Hector

Littlenige

And maybe the following:

bah100

Cruella

dixie normus

I need some extra contributions for the R.M.B.E. fund

AJ

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 20:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 73 of 90 in Discussion

RE msg 74, AJ : (...) I need some extra contributions for the R.M.B.E. fund (...)

===> Call Mr. Christofias.

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 20:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 74 of 90 in Discussion

britvic. Would need to spend a full day picking litter and broken glass up, why don't you all who live there get together and do it.

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 21:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 75 of 90 in Discussion

When I lived on Shetland some years ago there used to be a thing called

'Da voar red up' (the big clean up?) On a Sunday twice a year.

Lots of schoolchildren & quite a few adults armed with gloves & bin bags spent the day filling them - made a huge difference and a fun way to make new friends & clean the place up.

Would need some co operation from the beladysie but could easily be organised I'm sure!

I'll be there March & April and don't mind volunteering - anyone else?

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 21:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 76 of 90 in Discussion

Message 76 - I can assure you this has been done before - lots of times, by mainly ex-pats. They have given lots and lots of their time doing just that. The people who run beach bars, etc are always grateful and often offer free food and drink for the hard-working volunteers. Unfortunately, it doesn't last and within a few weeks, everything is back to square one. Please don't get me wrong, but it must surely be a little disheartening to those who put in hours of hard work. Watch this and other boards, as the summer season starts to approach, there will be many people organising such litter picks.

J

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 21:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 77 of 90 in Discussion

The headlines that the Tourists were coming to trnc are not true. The couple who were coming here have decided to go to Blackpool instead. They send their apologies to all those people who thought they were coming.

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 78 of 90 in Discussion

Well that's a shame Bill - I was looking forward to meeting them; new blood and all that. Still, there's always next year!!

J

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 21:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 79 of 90 in Discussion

msg 76

It is not only ex-pats who do the litter clearing.

There are several sessions each year around the country where local schools get involved. Schools also have programs of education on anti littering.

In addition at least 3 of the dive schools organise events clearing the offshore areas.

During last summer most of the Belydese had staff clearing road sides and you can really see the difference. However what is now needed is an anti littering regime with on the spot fines handed out. Wiould be interesting to see how many Brits got done for throwing cigarrette ends out of car window???

Back to the rest, ignore the litter and get out into the countryside and enjoy the scenery.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 21:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 80 of 90 in Discussion

RE msg 80, The-Wicks : (...) Still, there's always next year!! (...)

===> Let's hope for these two Brits there's still a TRNC to come to...

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
10/02/2009 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 81 of 90 in Discussion

The litter spoils the scenery. Stayed at the High Life Hotel last year lovely Hotel and scenery but the area around it was horrendous walking around the area we found one field completely covered in dumped rubbish, there was everything on there, beds, cookers, sofas and chairs microwaves fridges etc., we couldn't very well pick that lot up could we.

paddy1966

Message Posted:
11/02/2009 01:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 82 of 90 in Discussion

Every major city/town has tourist areas, go back 2 streets anywhere in the world and tou will see garbage every where.

PS dutch you are correct

PPS Nige -: go back North !!!!!

breezyboy

Message Posted:
11/02/2009 15:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 83 of 90 in Discussion

AJ

How much have we got in the fund now. How about getting KTHY to donate some empty one way seats in return for some good write ups on here.

girne 29

Message Posted:
11/02/2009 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 84 of 90 in Discussion

"Every major city/town has tourist areas, go back 2 streets anywhere in the world and tou will see garbage every where."

2 streets? garbage everywhere? What cities in Europe?,

Havent been to every city in Europe but having been to Paris, , Antwerp, Ghent, Hamburg, Munich,Ulm,Reykjavik and some more

for the most ,what you say is untrue,and bit of an insult to those who live there.

Lilli

Message Posted:
11/02/2009 19:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 85 of 90 in Discussion

wait till the picnic season statrts. never have i seen anything like it. would they live in thier houss and leave the rubbish around. oh well i suppose the poor misfortunes get fed

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
11/02/2009 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 86 of 90 in Discussion

breezyboy

'How much have we got in the fund now. How about getting KTHY to donate some empty one way seats in return for some good write ups on here.'

Well the fund has increased dramatically, I found a extra 1Tl down the back of my sofa and despite the wife claiming it as hers I managed to get her to see sense. I agree about trying to get KTHY to donate some free one way seats but you know the score, the people that we are talking about repatriating will only moan about the service despite the fact that it did not cost them anything.

AJ

negativenick

Message Posted:
11/02/2009 20:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 87 of 90 in Discussion

have you driven down the road towards Vuinni Palace ? (:[

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
11/02/2009 20:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 88 of 90 in Discussion

Girne 29 - your message 86 - never been to Reykjavik, but you are certainly right about all the others!

Don't live in Munich do you, by any chance?

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
11/02/2009 21:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 89 of 90 in Discussion

RE msg 89, NNick : (...) Vuinni Palace (...)

===> By Godfrey! "Vuinni"... My first senior editor at the news paper in Amsterdam taught me: "Don't you ever use a word or name when you don't know how to spell that word or name". A lesson for you too, NN: "Vuinni"..!

PS. You dislike the country and its people and you don't even know a thing about one of the great sites of the Mediterranean. Poor ignorant moaner, that's what you are.

PPS. You once were a lawyer?! My shoe.

girne 29

Message Posted:
12/02/2009 00:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 90 of 90 in Discussion

kaiserphil

message 90

many moons ago ,spent many a happy day in zeppelin strasse ,few hundred metres down from the deutsches museum.

As for Reykjavik,you aint missed nuttin.On par with Stornoway on a Sunday.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.