North Cyprus Tourist Board - Car dealers web sites
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Car dealers web sites

Car dealers web sites

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

LancsLass

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Hi

We are coming over to our apartment at the end of March and are thinking of buying a little second hand car. Can anyone supply any car dealer web sites in

Northern Cyprus so we can get some idea of what we could get for our budget.

Many thanks

Mindy

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 20:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

I asked this same question a while ago, if you go down bottom of page to popular tags and click on CAR then go down page to my post (websites for car dealers) there are a couple of links to look at. Alim Satim (similar to Auto Trader has a web site but not brilliant, we just found visiting as many Dealers as possible in lefkosia was the best way, or you can keep looking on the Forum for a private sale.

spook

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 20:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Try http://www.carabam.com/

Click on Galeriler

spook

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 20:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Sorry try http://www.kktcarabam.com/

LancsLass

Message Posted:
07/02/2009 20:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Thanks Mindy and Spook for your promp replies and help. Gives me something to do on a Saturday night searching to see if there is anything we can afford. Am I sad!!!!

negativenick

Message Posted:
08/02/2009 10:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

lancs lass - i would suggest you rent a car when you arrive and keep your eyes peeled on these boards - always a Brit or 2 going back to blighty.

The car dealers work on huge margins and are reluctant to give these up, i'd avoid them like the plague...

If you buy from a dealer then decide to go back to the UK, you will loose thousands...

Nick

LancsLass

Message Posted:
08/02/2009 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Thanks Nick will probably do that. Actually the prices on the web site were very high even the high milage ones.

perfectpete

Message Posted:
09/02/2009 13:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Cars in Cyprus are so expensive because of the stupidly high import taxes. You'll see plenty of dealers selling £3k cars for £6k or £7k cars for £12k...

Not really a solution either unless you bring a car from the UK. I think everyone is entitled to bring one car over with a discount on the tax. Although, i heard that there are many regulations, like it has to have been in your name for 3years and not be over 5years old or something like that.

Thats the problem, you never know how much it will cost you until the car arrives in Cyprus and they decide how much they want to hit you with.

E.g. I paid £4k for my car in the UK, imported it for a grand and they charged me £4k tax!!!!

mishark

Message Posted:
12/05/2010 05:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

please i equally need a car to assist me in my schooling here, please someone should direct me to any car dealer or anybody that wants to sell his/her car..

Groucho

Message Posted:
12/05/2010 06:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

There are many car dealers in Lefkosa. It is generally held belief amongst buyers that you get a better second-hand deal in Lefkosa than you would in Girne. As most things are a bit cheaper there that's probably true...

If you want a runabout, importing a car is not a good idea. It will make it even more expensive. The import duties are based on the Glasses Guide value (no matter what you paid) and although there is a discount on the tax for those importing one car with their chattels on re-location to Cyprus it's not enough to make it a viable proposition once you add the costs of transporting the car too.

I'm told that TIGA trading (by the roundabout at the far end of the Girne - Buffavento - Lefkosa road) is very good.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.