North Cyprus Tourist Board - working in trnc
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > working in trnc

working in trnc

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

li n lee

Message Posted:
04/01/2008 22:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

we are about to embark on a life in trnc however her vocation maybe easy to fulfill out there mine is a little different.... i am a serving police officer and would like employement in this field out there crime prevention or any road traffic related posts. I have for that last 4 years worked in a drugs field does anyone have any advice already tried the turkish consulate to no avail. . . . this doesnt mean im a square still love a beer at the fez and the harbour

spud1

Message Posted:
04/01/2008 23:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

li n lee good luck to you spud1

ukturk

Message Posted:
05/01/2008 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

hi li n lee

depending with what force you are with, rests on if i can help you or not!!!!!!!

LOL LOL only joking!!!!

it will be very hard to follow this route in cyprus because firstly you have to be a citizen not just a resi visa and to acheive this can take a few years, secondly you would have to be fully fluent, reading and writing turkish even thou english is spoken all legal and paper work is done in turkish but still ask directly when you are there again this also depends where you live and how far you are prepared to travel its all about getting you name about and who you know than knows some one that knows some one

but still their are many other options for you, if you can speak turkish the police could hire you as a translater to all the expats (ive have done this in turkey), other than police work you could do security work, or you can do protection work for high profile people i.e politicans-famous people and super rich, there are a few compnies out there if you can get hold that might employ you or you could even start your own security firm but i say one thing make sure you have all your relavant items with you like your police check, first aid cert, if you got firearms licence, and a glowing referance from the force with a impecable record

and if you manage to keep hold of your warrant card just for a souvenir can you imagine the hours of fun you can have going up to some of the drunk expats and flashing your card i would love to see their face!!!! LOL LOL

(sorry mate thats my own twisted mind their!!!)

another thing as soon as you get their get your residence visa if you already have not and if you dont know start to learn turkish and this will be made easier when your employing company applies for a work visa

regards

ukturk

p.s i cant promise anything but ill ask around about the protection companies if you want me to

Tim10

Message Posted:
05/01/2008 18:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

ukturk is right about most of what he said. But he left something out -- if you worked in law enforecement in the "West" you will find it difficult working with the Turkish criminal justice system -- I will not call in backwards, but let's just say it has a total different mentality than what you are used to. It could send you in to total culture shock.

lisa201168

Message Posted:
07/01/2008 18:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

uk turk thanks for the post mate who knows he may be the next Kevin Costner ie bodyguard lol

li n lee

Message Posted:
08/01/2008 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

thanks uk turk i do appreciate your input on what youve wrote. You are a valauble asset to the northern cyprus tourism board.

ukturk

Message Posted:
08/01/2008 22:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

hi lee

no probs mate, i got thought that you did not like what i wrote and you went off in a hump!!!! i know how you coppers get like LOL only joking mate

like i said if you want to do some bodyguard work ill ask my mate cos he runs a company dealing with bodyguards etc but like i said make sure you bring your police check, first aid certificate, firearms certificate and full glowing referances from the force

thanks for your kind words

many regards

ukturk

li n lee

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

uk turk thanks mate any work would beat the pool cleaning that i had envisaged myself doing as for a glowing work report what else would you expect im as straight as the eu banana

thanks once again matey

ukturk

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 22:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

no probs mate

depends wot police force u r in mate if u say metropolitan then i dont belive in fairy tales!!!!!!! lol

regards

ukturk

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.