North Cyprus Tourist Board - Map of Recommended places
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Map of Recommended places

Map of Recommended places

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Map

reproman

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 15:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

I have frequently seen threads regarding restaurants, bars and shops etc that people have recommended.

I think it would be a great idea to have a map drawn out with all these great places to visit clearly marked on there!

Anyone up to the job?

Regards

Repro.

DutchCrusader

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 20:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

RE msg 1, reproman : (...) I think it would be a great idea to have a map drawn out with all these great places to visit clearly marked on there! Anyone up to the job? (...)

===> Hmmm... Anyone out there willing to pay for only my *expenses*?! Don't think so.

PS. An offer on this board to make an up-to-date cityplan (GPS-based) of Lapta? : only 2 (two!) replies (email). And other examples available.

PPS. The attitude of many Brits will not encourage any cartographer to do something special. Not me anymore, anyway.

Hans Doeleman

Journalist/cartographer

joandjelly

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Brit bashing again DC. I don't recall anybody asking you specifically to make a map. Really, you never have anything positive to say to or about Brits and it's getting really tedious now.

flightholiday

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 21:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

joandjelly,

I agree wholeheartedly about not going around Brit' bashing but you must allow Hans to say it as he see's it and sometimes like all of us he is right.

I like all of us have come across the good and the bad, there are shady creatures around in all races, colours, creeds etc. etc. I supect that Hans has come across some people who have promised to order/buy maps if created; who have not done so when they were prepared if so he has my sympathy as it happens often within business.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

I think a Map would be a great idea.

MaggieAndBernie

Message Posted:
14/02/2009 01:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Hans

I don't think anybody actually asked you to do map of Lapta - I remember last year asking if there was such a map that could be bought and you volunteered to do one! I emailed you and said I would be glad to pay but got no answer from you.

Forgive me if I've got this wrong but are you not a 'cartographer'? if so surely you make the maps then offer them for sale - if every map maker waited for commissions & paymennt before making a map we wouldn't have many maps would we? Maybe you could make some & sell at Lambousa Market? or are you too busy or just not up to the job?

Maggie

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.