North Cyprus Tourist Board - North Cyprus International NCI
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > North Cyprus International NCI

North Cyprus International NCI

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Pauline

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 17:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

I have just bought with North Cyprus International (NCI), i went on one of there inspection trips and stayed at the malpas which was very nice, they seemed very professional and showed me what i wanted to see but i am worried i made my decision too quick has anyone else bought on an inspection trip with NCI or can comfort me at all? thanks P

laptagal

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 18:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Yes, we did and, like you, wondered if we had done the right thing. However, we now have a lovely house and were really please with the ongoing help that we recieved from NCI. We even popped in to see the lovely Tim (who helped us find the house - with no pressure) when we had finalised everything.

cronos

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 18:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Pauline...welcome to the Board.

It all depends on what you bought,who the developer is, whether it is off-plan,the payment structure,and what type of title deeds etc etc.

There is a LOT of information on here for you to digest.

Have you already paid a large deposit?

Don't worry too much at this stage....it doesn't help to be too pessimistic.

Just be careful....and if you care to post details of the specific site you have bought on then maybe other members on there can help you further.

Good luck.....you are not alone !

DONTY

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 18:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Who is the builder? This is the important factor.

If you bought off plan from a builder who has a good reputation you should be fine.

If you bought a resale built buy a reputable builder you should be fine.

If you bought a resale being sold by some of the members on this site (the ones who complain about their problems) you could be in trouble.

Don't take too much stock of what is said on this, or any other forum, as most posters are not experts!

rocky

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Pauline I originally placed a deposit with NCI and also found them very helpful. I did not go on an inspection trip with them but arranged my own trip and then went out with a few agents, One of them was Tim not at all pushy and I agreed the purchase of a villa and paid the £1000 deposit. It subsequently transpired that the builders had difficulty with the final details of the planning and NCI agreed to refund my deposit. This was 2 years ago and I went direct to a developer I have not seen any bad reports on NCI as agents.

Jo Valentine

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Pauline

Welcome to the Forum. I've never heard anything but good things about NCI and they are such helpful people, as are the members of this forum. You should never be short of advice.

Regards

Jo Valentine

http://www.jamesvalentineremovals.co.uk

Warning: Forums may contain traces of nuts.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 19:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Jo

'Warning: Forums may contain traces of nuts.'

I think you need to delete the word 'may'

AJ

clayton

Message Posted:
13/02/2009 20:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

cant fault n c i jamie and john were very proffesional.also bought of plan,almost finished and looking really well.what site have you bought on might be able to give you some info.

Pauline

Message Posted:
17/02/2009 13:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Hi guys thank you for all your responses i feel a lot better now, i am glad others of you had good dealings with nci as you never know who to trust these days, i asked them to show me both off plan and resale properties as i wanted to see if there was any real difference in price etc, and i was suprised to see that there wasnt, infact some of the completed stuff was even cheaper! and i could not understand why? as i always thought off plan was cheaper. Well i saw plenty of both and preferred the positions of off plan but was worried about whether it would get completed, but the agent assured me that the stuff i was seeing was built by a very reputable builder with many completed succesful sites and that his quality will be better then that of the older re sales, so i have taken a gamble! i hope this was wise? thank you guys you have really helped me sleep better at night. P

rocky

Message Posted:
17/02/2009 14:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Pauline it is the current market that dictates prices and completed ones can be the result of a purchaser pulling out and forgoing their deposits or stage payments so builder can afford to discount. Otherwise if he has built speculatively and has borrowing the banks may be pressurising for debt reduction and cash in the bank counts when the market is in this state. It is virtually the same market scenario as twas in the late eighties in the UK where bargains could be found. Anyway if you have the cash why wait for a newbuild?

jakki

Message Posted:
17/02/2009 16:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Pauline -

Just to let you know that we bought through NCI also. We dealt with Diane in NC but I understand that she has now left the company. We also dealt with Jamie who is based in London, no probs at all!!

Steve1953

Message Posted:
17/02/2009 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Pauline and everybody, no problems with Jamie,but some of others left a lot to be desired. Where have you bought off plan?

Wasn't impressed by Turtle/Crystal bays - shown round by Diane. Not much infrastructure around I now learn that Debra has split from the group. Dont really like being like neg nick,but their offices are too far out,and their advertising for tenants was poor - but they still charged monthly fees .

If you're coming over for use as a holiday home you should be ok - get a good snagger for checking out when things nearly completed. Stuart Hilliard,mentioned on here,was very good.

Best to keep an open mind,and find out by checking things out as they unfold - bureaucracy is a problem - Jamie put us onto Naomi Mehmet as a solicitor,who has been very useful,and will answer e-mails.

Best of luck,Steve

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.