North Cyprus Tourist Board - port cyprium marina bahceli
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > port cyprium marina bahceli

port cyprium marina bahceli

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Port Cyprium Marina

» See all marina related threads in North Cyprus

» Read Port Cyprium Village property review

mitch

Message Posted:
07/01/2008 02:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

Hi all

does anyone know if the new port cyprium marina in bahceli has been started yet ?.

I have looked on so many websites but i can find no updates .

The work was ment to have started at the end of july 2007' if anyone has any info would you please post it on the forum ?.

many thanks

mitch

marik

Message Posted:
07/01/2008 08:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

Hi Mitch,

No works have been started as yet, I have been waiting patiently for the past two + years, but it will take about 2 years to complete from commencing, so dont hold your breath, if the golf club is anything to go by they are probably rather anxious and hedging bets about their ability to fill it as the golf club must be hemoraging money at a rate of knots with only around 200 members from an expected 700, and a huge workforce, please everybody dont crucify me, not slating the thing, just stating facts and it is a huge investment for an uncertain return.

mitch

Message Posted:
08/01/2008 19:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

Thanks for your reply ' does anyone else have any more info on the cyprium marina ? i would like this topic to run for a bit so that i could gather more info

Many thanks

mitch

gottheyips

Message Posted:
08/01/2008 21:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

Hi Marik

I agree the expected numbers of members at the Korineum Golf Course for the first year is not as high as they had hoped for, bare in mind it is in its infacy and has a long way to go. I would be very interested to know where you got the information on the expected figure of 700 from.

Not having a go but you must realise that the course and the marina are long term investments.

Profit is obviously a major issue but was not the priority at the Korineum, this was a long term dream and ambition dating back over 20 years, so 2+years is not really a long time on something so important, not only to the individual but to the long term investment, on improving and making the TRNC a more attractive proposition to investors and tourisim.

I do hope you get your Marina and soon, I note your home town was Poole presumably sailing / boating is in your blood.

GTY (Derek)

markcbm

Message Posted:
08/01/2008 21:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

Hi Mitch

Go back a few pages to 4/12/07 post there on same subject i left email on message 11 from cyprium people sure it will answer some questions, could not get it to paste here sorry

Cheers Mark

ianwfs

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 00:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

The antiquities department made them change their plans, as they were orifinally going to build on top of a site of archological interest. When I was there a few weeks ago, the whole feel of the place was that nobody had even thought about thinking of planning a provisional start date!

I would say if you're going to hold your breath on this one you will need a latge set of lungs

Ian

marik

Message Posted:
11/01/2008 02:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

Hi Got the yips, hope you get over them,

it is no secret that the golf club owners and managers estimated a target membership of 700 it was widely reported in all the papers when the thing was first mooted that these were the target membership figures, it is currently widely reported also (even on this site) that the marina will have 550 berths, and all the ancilliary accompaniments, I wish them luck and truly hope it all materialises as per the vision, but if the current situation is anything to go by I for one will not be holding my breath in anticipation and my craft will be staying put in Poole.

A little bit of gossip for you also, it is rumoured that a buyer is already being sought for the golf club.

butterfly

Message Posted:
12/01/2008 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

can assure you Marik the Golf Course is NOT looking for a buyer. In fact the owners will break ground very soon on the new hotel being built on the land.

karen

DONTY

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 01:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

hi karen

i heard they are going to start offering apartments and villas around the lake, any info?

cheers, donty

butterfly

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 11:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

yes that is true. still at the designing stage, but should be released summertimeish . I have seen the rough plans, it looks amazing and with Korman as the builder you know the quality is going to be first class.

Paulkay

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 12:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

Hi Donty

Hope you have had a good christmas and new year.

We have posted a couple of times to each other about november last year.

Would like your advice on a list of builderas and estates agents that i have got together,as we are out to N/C the end of Feb.

I need to cut down this list to 6 as this is all the time we have to see people.

Can do this on the forum, but i think it might be better by private email.

Thanks and regards Paul

mitch

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

Hi all

I want to keep the question of the port cyprium marina bahceli alive ? and that is has there been any new update's or info on the start date. If not why ? also is there going to be a marina soon or has it been put on hold and we are not being told ? why the lomg delay this was ment to start july 07

many thanks

mitch

Bryn-Carrington

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

Hi Mitch,

The Marina is definitely going ahead, do not listen to negative reports people post. There has been a delay because of the movement of the breakwater location, this had to be re dived & controlled by the environmental people due to it being a historical location. You cannot start a breakwater construction in the winter months for obvious reasons due to storms.

I know the owner & agent of the marina personally and can say that they are more frustrated than anyone it hasn't started.

Is there a start date? the answer is no, like things in N Cyprus it is very slow but will happen in the end.

cheers

Bryn

gottheyips

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 20:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

Hi Karen n Bryn,

It is reassuring when factual posts are made and not the usual doom and gloom and rumour mongers that seem to in abundance.

I to have seen the ongoing work at Korineum, always building and improving the course and grounds, that is not the action of a firm looking to sell quite the opposite in my opinion.

Derek

Paulkay

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 20:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

Hi Bryn

As you are a builder in N/C what do you think of the new Approved Estate Agents list,do you think its a good idea.

As there dont seem to be a lot of agents and builders on the list so far.

Do they think this list is a waste of time?

Trying to find out more info as we are due to meet people in N/C at the end of Feb to sort out an off plan villa.

Regards Paul

Bryn-Carrington

Message Posted:
14/01/2008 18:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

Hi,

The new law is a good thing as far as I can see, certainly for the buyer. All contracts now have to be registered with the land registry within 21 days from signing the contract. This registers the new owner on the land /property and prevents anyone putting any charges onto it / selling it on ETC. This will in turn prevent horror stories happening in the future and hopefully start to give confidence back into the market.

The 2nd side of the law is making Estate agents personally responsible for the properties that they sell. Estate agents have to have all the proof of building permissions, site plans / deeds, details of the builders, company registration ETC. All developments need to be checked out and if anything does go wrong they will be help liable if they have breached any of their new guidelines.

I think we will see quite a few agents & builders go out of business over the next year, certainly for builders who cannot provide all the documentation they require by law to be in construction. This is a good thing for us all and will hopefully leave reputable companies who are genuinely trying to provide a good honest service. I work with some very professional estate agents who I think will do very well from these changes, they were already working to the guidelines and have always required all permissions /deeds Etc from my company. The ones which cannot work to the new guidelines should not be in business anyway.

Paul, unless the builders want to go into the estate agents business they do not need to apply to go onto the list.

With regards to the very few agents mentioned (I have seen no list so I cannot make comment) I can only assume the paperwork is as slow as everything else is when it comes to North Cyprus. They will be on the list soon or will have to make arrangements with other agents to process their sales. Either way someone will be responsible for the sale and held accountable should anything go wrong.

Overall, its another positive move forward to giving more confidence to the market.

Bryn

rtddci

Message Posted:
14/01/2008 19:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

Bryn, your information on the new laws was very informative. I signed a contract on a completed apartment in November 2006 which we moved into and visit regularly from the UK. We have yet to receive our permission to buy and therefore have no Cojan. As regards the new laws, could we register the contract to protect ourselves in the meantime?

Martin

dodger

Message Posted:
14/01/2008 22:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

I would just like to echo what bryn said on his last post.Hopefuly the new law should help to get rid of the cowboys within the business and a lot of the low lifes.the property market in northern cyprus needs an injection of confidence,and this could be just the shot it needs,the money is in the post bryn, lol.

Bryn-Carrington

Message Posted:
15/01/2008 07:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

Yes you can register your contract and I would advise paying your stamp duty as well if it has not been done.

Bryn

Zeefa

Message Posted:
15/01/2008 16:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

They also need to pass a law that makes builders pay compensation for late delivery of a property. There are many building projects that are 1 to 2 years late on the contracted delivery date.

Most contracts clearly state a penalty fee will be paid by the builder for late delivery. Buyers wrongly believe the contract gives them protection should the builder over-run until they try to deduct the compensation from the final payment.

The buyer then finds that the clause is not enforceable in court despite the builder having signed the contract and both parties Lawyers having agreed the clause in the contract.

rtddci

Message Posted:
15/01/2008 17:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

Bryn

Thank you for your advice. Is registering my contract something I can do or should I use a solicitor? Rather naively I have relied on my estate agent up to now.

Martin

dodger

Message Posted:
15/01/2008 20:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

I am amost certain that you need to use a solicitor.

Bryn-Carrington

Message Posted:
16/01/2008 18:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

You can do it yourself but my advice is to use a solicitor or your estate agent. Otherwise you will be hanging around for hours to be told you need a stamp or some other paperwork, then you will go back again & again.

The solicitor may make a small charge but it will be money well spent.

Bryn

mitch

Message Posted:
20/01/2008 15:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

Hi Bryn

Thank's for your reply on the 13.01.08 and for your input . The owner of the port cyprium marina should talk with the little villa company so thay can keep the website up to date ? and all will be very clear.At the moment this is a grey area.

mitch

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.