North Cyprus Tourist Board - applying for residency permit
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > applying for residency permit

applying for residency permit

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

jacko

Message Posted:
07/01/2008 16:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Hi

Sorry if i have so many questions for you all , i have just learnt that my adult children want to move to cyprus with us. What is the law meaning will there be any obstructions for them to do this. Also what would we need to do on arrival for temporary residency

jacko

Tim10

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 08:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

I see that you did not ger an answer. As per adult children I do not know; however, the following link might help.

http://www.northcyprusonline.com/North-Cyprus-Online-Property-Residence-Permit.php

jacko

Message Posted:
09/01/2008 11:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Thank you Tim in the link the talk about showing you have sufficient funds in our eyes we do but what is the minimum they are talking about?

Hope my email reached you

jacko

marik

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 10:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Jacko, There is no hard and fast rule on this but the authorities want to be sure that they have the wherewithall to be self sufficient in the country, and remember that jobs (legal) must always be filled by a TC if there is one who fits the bill before an employer offers it to a foreigner, there is now a loop hole in that - as the south is now an ec country your children could seek employment there and travel back and forward if viable for them as many tc's do on a daily basis

jacko

Message Posted:
10/01/2008 12:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

Thank Marik it was interesting to learn that my children could go south for work however if they passed the border on a daily basis wouldnt the patrol guys get abit curious? Another way round this is if they rented in the south and came back to visit at weekends if this is there only option of finding work. does anyone on the forum work in the south and have any problems at the border?

jacko

lesleyb

Message Posted:
17/03/2008 13:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has been in the position where one partner has obtained their temporary residence but the other partner has for whatever reason been refused, and if so what procedure could be taken. Would that person be allowed to keep going to and from the South every 90 days or would they have to go to mainland Turkey. Would appreciate any advice.

Lesley

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
17/03/2008 13:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Lesleyb

You have to actually leave the Island, crossing the border to the South is not deemed to be leaving NC.

Karen

lesleyb

Message Posted:
17/03/2008 13:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Thanks Karen, we`ve heard a lot of different advice, one being that if you keep your marriage certificate or a copy with you proving that husband or wife has residency that should stop one from being fined when leaving or returning into the T.R.N.C. Thanks again.

Lesley

joandjelly

Message Posted:
17/03/2008 17:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

The residency permit is personal so I don't think showing that your spouse has residency would stop you being fined for over-staying your visitors visa.

mia100max

Message Posted:
19/03/2008 10:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

My passport stamp had 2 days left on it. I had been to the Girne Police station & been given the blood test form but decided to wait until my boyfriend came back here in April before doing anything so we could go together. When I passed through the border, I just said "I have applied for my residency". They stamped my passport with another 60 days. When I went through the border 2 weeks later, (last week), they stamped my passport with 90 days without asking a single question??!!

Izzet

Message Posted:
19/03/2008 10:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

According to this page:

http://www.cyprus44.com/property/residence-permit.asp

"A sustainable income is considered to be approximately £6000 per annum."

Btw, a link to this page gets automatically generated at the top of this page.

Also, this page has all relevant post series on residency:

http://www.cyprus44.com/forums/residency.asp

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.