North Cyprus Tourist Board - Shipping Goods
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Shipping Goods

Shipping Goods

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Shipping threads posted so far

» Read about Shipping Freight to North Cyprus

freckle

Message Posted:
15/03/2007 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Hi all

We are moving to TRNC in January next year and I am currently looking into shipping our stuff over - because we are moving into an apartment we are only planning to bring over "stuff" and not furniture, however, most of the shipping companies only seem to quote for containers. Has anybody got any ideas?!

dylansgranny

Message Posted:
15/03/2007 17:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

We are shipping 4 pallets of goods via Olaytrans they left Feb and will arrive on Monday/Tuesday next week because this is a quiet time of year it takes longer. When our goods arrive I will blog on it with details of hwat we have to do when it arrives etc etc so keep watching could be a couple of weeks. They will take boxes and pallets and container loads.

freckle

Message Posted:
15/03/2007 18:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Brill! Thanks for that. I have had a quote from them for a container, but will get in touch with them again!

dylansgranny

Message Posted:
23/03/2007 16:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Freckle

Just had an e-mail from Olaytrans the ship is leaving Felixstowe shortly that is almost 2 months in storage in UK expected mid April so willnot be able to let you know how it wnet until end of April but will keep in touch.

freckle

Message Posted:
26/03/2007 19:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Thanks for that! I have recently emailed them and we are in the process of putting together a list of stuff! Hubby reckons I'll need a container just for my shoes!!

segmen

Message Posted:
30/03/2009 15:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Freckle,

As I was browsing around I saw your topic so I decided to write to you.

I used to work for a shipping company in TRNC so I will try to help you on your subject.

In Uk I advise you to use "Dolphin Movers"...They are based in Enfield and they only be pleased to help you.They will accept anything from 1sqm3 to max.

"Latifoglu Ltd" is the agent they use here in TRNC ( 0090 392 366 3141 -Hidayet-)

This is what I advise:

1) Give them a call and find out

2) Always ask door to door service

3) They will deliver everyting to your door step

They will only require you just for couple of hours in main town centre( Lefkosa) for exemtion certificate purposes.

What I dont advise:

1) Dont bring any cars ( not worth it)

2) Dont bring and agriculture machinery ( e.g chainsaws,lawnmovers etc)

3) You may bring jenerators but make,model and kwa must be estated in B/L.

Notes: You have 6 months to bring more goods than day you will get your exemtion..so make your mind up.

Segmen

dozza67

Message Posted:
30/03/2009 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Dolphin will quote more than twice the price of any other shipping company that comes to Northern Cyprus. That is fact. Have price quotes from all of them.

Denise

Message Posted:
30/03/2009 19:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

when i moved i used euromed maritime ltd of west green rd n15 uk 0208 365 8888 their agents in nc are armen shipping in famagusta (0392) 366 3565

they are helpful and professional and very reasonable. i paid a 3rd of what a friend paid with dolphin. i had a quote at the time but apart from the higher price i didn't like their sales pitch. when the time was ready the container was brought to my door for a reasonable price and accompanied by customs. you can hire a whole container or half share or you can just send boxes. speak to them at their offices to get quotes and advice. as far as i know for generators you have to pay a duty unless there has been a change in the law. also if you bring new stuff there may be a duty, it should only be for your personal and existing furnitures etc. if it is new you must unwrap and show it as nearly new but used. good luck with whoever you use.

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
30/03/2009 19:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

FGS do not use Dolphin...use Olytrans and deal directly with them.

Olaytrans

Message Posted:
13/04/2009 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Hi freckle

I will be glad to help you and can provide all that you will need to know in shipping Few Items from your Residence UK to your Residence in TRNC.

Just email me. Or Call

Senay

customerservices@olaytrans.com

0090 392 365 34 30

themover

Message Posted:
20/05/2009 13:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Hi - Any Body Moving to TRNC .... Try FBI..

There is a lot of Hype and opinions about who is best to use. The Key is finding the best Mover who will totally control all aspects of your move with a personal service Door2 Door at a reasonable cost. I would suggest that if you are considering a move be it by Sole use Container , or Pallets ( Our "Palpak" service is a billiant, tested and tried service for smaller shipments of around 7-8 Cubic metres. Over the last 10 years we have successfully arranged hundreds on Moves to TRNC and have testimonials from many delighted and discerning clients. We have 1 x20 Ft to ship this weeek to Zeytinlik and 3 Palpak ready to ship 1 st week June to Esentepe. TRNC is our busiest Destination. Call us 00 44 1376 500220 or check Freightbrain on the web to learn more. Donaghy & Beyler Customers use us regularly. We attend to every detail - nothing to chance including full Marine Insurance Cover- a must for Shipping to TRNC. Remember the Dolphin

gargar

Message Posted:
21/10/2009 15:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Bargate International have a wealth of experience in shipping household and personal effects to TRNC, including vehicles, boats and caravans. We offer helpfull advise and full support throughout your move.

Contact peter@bargateinternational.com

http://www.bargateinternational.com

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.