North Cyprus Tourist Board - Seaterra Reserve?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Seaterra Reserve?

Seaterra Reserve?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read SeaTerra Esentepe North Cyprus property review

cocos

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 08:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 24 in Discussion

What happened to thepost about the mortgages on Seaterra reserve. Batterboy seemed to think Seaterra were going to respond, instead it looks like the got the message deleted. I thought an information BB was supposed to give information. Is it because they are a sponsor of this site? If so, then all the lawyers and developers will be sponsoring in order to get posts removed? Scary thaught.

sunnyday

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 09:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 24 in Discussion

I am posting this as an employee of Seaterra & it has been approved by our directors.

Seaterra took out a mortgage loan on our Reserve project (none of our other projects are affected) as part of normal business procedure. A large part of that mortgage has been repaid.

Next week the owners of the fully paid apartments at the Reserve will receive a letter of exclusion (signed by the mortgage holder) confirming that their apartments are excluded from the mortgage.

The Seaterra companies are solid and there is no risk to any of our customers.

Messages on other threads have mentioned our villa project. It is because of the current economic climate that this project has been put on hold. It would be financially irresponsible to start a new project at this time.

sunnyday

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 09:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 24 in Discussion

This is again me, an employee of SeaTerra, this message is to be addressed to “BillyB”: we do not know what is your hidden intention of publishing the previous nasty messages, and although we are obviously in favor of democracy and open discussions, these nonsense messages of yours have gone too far and are hurting the company. Therefore, you either apologize in this forum and take back your words or we will take full legal action against you.

Anyone who would like to get the correct information, is welcome to contact the company directly.

PIPIE

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 09:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 24 in Discussion

Sunnyday .

A very good post perhaps that will clear up mis understandings re what has been posted against Sea Terra . Well done .

simbas

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 24 in Discussion

I think Maybe Cocos and Sunnyday , you should discuss this off board

Simbas

batterboy58

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 11:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 24 in Discussion

In reply to cocos, it seems that Seaterra have responded to this by getting removed what were clearly libelous postings, and threatening legal action against the poster over his spurious post.

stevemac

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 12:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 24 in Discussion

Sunnydays (SeaTerra) and Batterboy - BillyB posted a message saying that SeaTerra had mortgages. SeaTerra have just admitted this. Therefore how is BillyB's post libelous? It seems like a case of threatening legal action to stop someone from telling the truth and both of you should be apologising to BillyB for saying his posts are spurious & libellous.

SeaTerra, the other thread was deleted, but someone mentioned that you were in breach of contract because you took the mortgage out when it should have been kept free of encumbrance, therefore, did all your customers know about the mortgage before they bought? You said you're giving out a letter to all owners, what actuall legal protection does this give purchasers?

Simbas this will be of interest to existing and potential buyers so I don't see why this should be discussed off board. This should be public information and should not be covered up. I think SeaTerra should have answered the original post that was deleted.

sunnyday

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 13:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 24 in Discussion

Stevemac - BillyB's first post implied that there were mortgages on all our sites and far exagerated the amount. That was libelous. If he only ever tells the truth why does he not give his name or any proper details in his member info? It says age 10, location alkatraz etc. His email address tells it all!

The letter of exclusion is a formal legal document and is being drawn up by a local solicitor.

stevemac

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 24 in Discussion

SeaTerra - the other post was deleted, but I think BillyB said he didn't know if the mortgage was on all the sites, no implication there as far as I can see. How much is the mortgage for?

You've also omitted to answer my previous question; "SeaTerra, the other thread was deleted, but someone mentioned that you were in breach of contract because you took the mortgage out when it should have been kept free of encumbrance, therefore, did all your customers know about the mortgage before they bought? "

You said you're sending out a letter now, but in my opinion BillyB was justified in letting potential customers be aware of mortgages. How long have the mortgages been there? Because shouldn't this letter have been sent out when it was placed on the land?

You said your other developments had no mortgages, surely after doing several other sites you must be in profit, so why the need for a mortgage?

Perhaps you could answer my questions?

Isabella

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 13:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 24 in Discussion

Why do you not keep such posts off an open forum like this. I think the moderators should take action here.

If you want to discuss issues with SeaTerra why not do that directly with them.

Colliedog

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 14:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 24 in Discussion

I think most whom purchased at the Reserve were well aware of the mortgages and have been from day one of their contracts. If there is anyone whom didn't then perhaps they should look towards the Advocates, mine informed me fully before contract was signed.

As for SeaTerra and the Reserve, I can honestly say that they are very professional, they get the job done and complexes finished. We all have our differnences of how or what we consider should be. Myself included, but SeaTerra do get things done, might take time but I can assure you it gets done and to a standard that is acceptable.

Perhaps a visit to the Reserve would put peoples minds at rest and see how a complex should be finished at least we can use all the facilities on the complex.

More than happy with the the complex and SeaTerra.

PIPIE

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 14:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 24 in Discussion

Well said Collidog

I have also purchased on the Marina , yes all developments have teething problems but Sea Terra are still available for contact re issues etc and they will address them .

They are still in the same office 4 years on and they do have a reputaion of integrity whch is somewhat a good recommendation in my book .

kazzybe

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 24 in Discussion

I think with all the horror stories about buying here this kind of information should be put on the boards. If you were buying wouldnt you want to know? Isn't that what these boards are for?

millzer

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 24 in Discussion

We bought through Seaterra in 2006. Like message 11 we had our differences about some things but hey that's life isn't it! We all have different expectations and standards.

Without getting embroiled in the argument over mortgages or lack of them all I can say is that as far as we are concerned at our site they (Seaterra) are still here, they haven't done a moonlight flit, they pretty much delivered what they promised, they didn't keep coming back for lots of extra money for connections for this that and the other like lots of other developers I read about have done, and two and a half years after completion of our site they are still very helpful and offer support where appropriate. There are not many developers that would do that.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and as said I've had my issues with them in the past but would I buy through them again knowing what I know now? Yes I certainly would as they are an honourable company who genuinly do try to please every buyer.

PIPIE

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 14:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 24 in Discussion

Kazzybe .

I agree with you but at the same time no one has the right to discredit anyone without knowing the truth and as we have all seen contact had been made to assure owners of the present situation .

cocos

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 14:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 24 in Discussion

From what I can see no one has discredited anyone. Seaterra have admitted there are mortgages that is therefore the truth. I'm sure the quality of the Reserve is good, but its the mortgages that are the issue isn't it? And they havent answered SteveMacs questions. If people bought knowing about mortgages then thats fair enough, even though the lawyers tell everyone its normal practise here, you wouldn't buy in the UK with the owners promise to remove the mortgage at a later date. So the qauestion is did everyone know about the mortgages? If they've breached contracts by not informing owners before they bought, have they compensated those owners?

PIPIE

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 14:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 24 in Discussion

From what i can see SEA TERRA were discredited and they had a post removed so quite clearly moderators agreed with this .

batterboy58

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 15:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 24 in Discussion

I have bought on Seaterra Bay and am also happy with my purchase and would recommend them to anyone.

I would concur with others views that there have been problems, but these have been and still are being resolved.

It is a very difficult trading climate in NC at the present time without scaremongering from people who are not involved with Seaterra in any way therefore cannot know the facts.

Listen to the testimonials from customers to see the truth.

Can I ask the moderators to close this thread now before it degenerares into an argument that can only be damaging to what is one of the more reputable companies in NC

stevemac

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 15:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 24 in Discussion

Batterboy I'm afraid I have to disagree with you. You said BillyB was telling untruths and making libel statements, but Seaterra have admitted the mortgages so your statement is untrue. Shouldn't you apologize. TRNC is a small place, so people do get to know information, even if they haven't bought through Seaterra, they can still know the facts.

We are discussing the mortgages, not the finish or quality of the site. I'm sure if Seaterra are reputable and have nothing to hide, they won't mind answering my questions.

Why should a post discussing mortgages be closed down? It is in the public interest to share pertinent information about purchasing here.

batterboy58

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 24 in Discussion

stevemac

billyboy stated that there were mortgages on ST sites, this was meant in plural indicating all ST sites which I knew to be untrue, so no, I will not apologise.

I would not dream of posting my opinion on a developer or site that I had not been a customer of and think that others should not either.

ST have answered these allegations and I stand by my opinion that this thread is serving no purpose.

Colliedog

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 15:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 24 in Discussion

Seems the problem on mortgages is with people whom haven't purchased there.

Or is there someone who didn't know?

If so why doesn't that person come forward!!!!!

So for anyone reading this thread, call in and not only see for themselves, ask people on the Reserve their thoughts regarding why they purchased a SeaTerra property with a mortgage. Easy as that!

simbas

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 15:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 24 in Discussion

After careful consideration and requests from members of the board . i am closing this thread on the grounds that it may be damaging to Seaterra's Business . i dare say this will not meet with everyones approval

Regards , Simbas

simbas

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 15:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 24 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Not specified.

the butler

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 15:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 24 in Discussion

I am not an owner on any of the SEA TERRA sites but I do own a property on a site with a mortgage on it. This mortgage was taken out on our properties after they were paid for in full and occupied. We were not asked and it is a serious breach of contract and this is what stevemac is getting at. In my eyes this is fraud however you like to dress it up. We have asked for the assurances of a bank or lawyers letter, to no avail. We just have to live in hope that our dream of retiring in the sun, with our very hard earned cash does not dissapear with the developer.

The butler

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.