North Cyprus Tourist Board - Living in the TRNC and working in the ROC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Living in the TRNC and working in the ROC

Living in the TRNC and working in the ROC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Aslan

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

I refer to your e-mail dated 24.2.09 on the issue of employment Law in Cyprus in inform you the following:

1.An EU citizen needs no visa or work permit in order to work in Cyprus (in the Government-controlled areas that is – the occupied area although considered to be part of EU, the Acquis communautaire is currently not enforced, due to the continuing occupation).

2.However, if there is an intention to stay and take up employment in Cyprus one has to:

a) Apply for a Registration Certificate. This application must be submitted before the expiration of a 4-month period after entering Cyprus at the local Immigration Branch of the Police in all districts except Nicosia where a District Migration Office exists where one can apply.

3.The administration of our Ministry has given instructions that no EU citizen residing in the occupied area will benefit from our Services (i.e. offered a job), for the reason I have mentioned in 1. above. These instructions – from what I know – are still

Aslan

Message Posted:
27/02/2009 11:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

valid. Whether we like it or not - and definitely we do not want EU citizens to be deprived from employment opportunities – we have to strictly follow rules and regulations.

4. The security guard at the Ministry – from what I have realized – has sent you to the District Labour Office of Nicosia (Public Employment Service), which is the office responsible for finding work to unemployed and for employers to communicate vacancies.

5. So, to cut the long story short, one who lives in the occupied area, cannot benefit from our Services and cannot be offered a job.

6. As far as the Migration dept,. is concerned, from what I have realized, they have more or less the same instructions.

Best regards,

Senior Labour Officer

EURES adviser

Tel. +35722400817

Fax: +35722400891

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.