North Cyprus Tourist Board - sydney construction kyrenia
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > sydney construction kyrenia

sydney construction kyrenia

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

buster

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 18:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

we have recently bought a 3 bed apartment in ozancoy and moving there in march 2008 the whole process has

been perfect. we have been over several times to check on works and is now complete. the builder Zafer has one of the best reputations on the island his workmanship is of a very high standard.

if anyone is interested in buying in kyrenia let me know and i will share my knowledge.

dodger

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 21:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Welcome to the forum buster,were this company recommended to you before you decided to buy or were there others that you tried first,

Regards.

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 21:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Buster

Welcome.

House next door to ours was built by Sidney Construction. Build appears to be ok. A couple of things I wouldn't have had but that's purely personal taste. We had a bit of a run in with the owner though as he asked us if he could tap into our electric. We were about to go to UK for a couple of weeks so said no. As soon as we left he tapped into our electric. A local was passing and saw the cable running from our box and called the police. Police made him install a separate meter which by-passed our meter and assured us that as a penalty for not getting our permission Sidney Construction would have to pay all of our electric until the house was complete.

In fairness he has; well as far as we know as our reading have remained stagnant for a few months now.

Karen

Terry

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Buster,

we too have bought a 3 bed apartment from Zafer, are you in the Sidney Apartments?

we are going out on the 26th to furnish ours, just wondered if we are going to be neighbours

regards

Terry & Julie

p4aul

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 22:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Zafer (Sydney Construction) built our villa, as a builder in the UK I can speak with the knowledge that Zafer is a very good builder and provides a first class project. We had no problems with the construction and would happily recommend Zafer.

http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii20/villazafer/?albumview=slideshow

Bradus

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Hi fellow Ozankoy residents,

Our apartment is near completion and we will be going in Feb to purchase furniture. Not a Sydney Construction one but its just round the corner from you guys. There is a really nice bar called liasons recently opened in the centre. Does some nice snack type meals and good Sunday lunches.

Enjoy and good luck with the furniture hunting.

missionary

Message Posted:
13/01/2008 23:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Congratulations Buster, perhaps you can read my posting on commerical investment and expand from you experience please? TIA

Cheers

Mish

McSteviet

Message Posted:
14/01/2008 09:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Paul,

Your place looks fantastic, you must be very pleased with it.

When was it completed and what area is it in?

Steve

paul90

Message Posted:
14/01/2008 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Sydney Construction are also building for us in Karsiyaka - should be complete in May. Photo attached of same property in Catalkoy area - but we are not having the lower ground level.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v457/paulsinclair/?action=view¤t=DSC_2916.jpg

Excellent service form Zafer and Lindsay at Donaghy and Beyler.

p4aul

Message Posted:
14/01/2008 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Steve,

Thanks 4 that, it is in Çatalköy, as I said Zafer built it, we basically left it to him, if he felt that something was needed he done it, also we did not bother with a contract, we had a full specification sheet, we knew what we were paying for, off course there were extras, there always will be, but we agreed these during construction.

How many times do you read about people who went to the added expense of having their solicitor draw up a contract, with clauses to protect them, then when they need to enforce these clauses, they are warned not to use them for fear of upsetting the builder!

The thing that is important is to trust your builder, if you don’t well you have got the wrong builder. I appreciate that it is difficult for people buying off-plan, they have very little protection, we bought the land, and employed the builder, that way you have full control, this is not the case when you buy off-plan.

For us it worked well, it is a shame that so many other people have lost their life savings, I wish these people success in achieving a satisfactory outcome, however this sort of robbery is not exclusive to NC, it happens all over the world and even in the UK, we done a job last year and further down the road a couple were having a house built, they handed over £70,000 to the builder, who was never to be seen again!

buster

Message Posted:
15/01/2008 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Hi Terry and June.. I do believe we will be neighbours we chose the apartment next to the swimming pool.

we are having are goods shipped over and we arrive on the 23rd March

cant wait.

Do you intend living there or is it to be a holiday home? we are going to be living there and so excited, the village is beautiful calm and peaceful.

look forward meeting you both.

buster

Message Posted:
15/01/2008 16:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Hi dodger, yes the builder was recomended to me by my cousin who has lived on the Island for the last 12 years and works for another construction company.

I did go and see lots of other properties, I contacted my cousin and she would tell me a bit about the builders/owners and estate agents then tell me the reasons for saying NO.

I met the builder (zafer) not through an estate agent, and he took us around his other projects, and showed us the quality of workmanship. Also I spoke to a friend of my cousin and a couple more people who has also bought from Sydney construction and they are more than happy with the properties.

He is a nice genuine guy and will give you all the information you need and would be happy to show you around and there is no pressure at all. We paid him up front and had additional things like marble work tops and extra air cons fitted for no extra cost. Hope this helps.

Terry

Message Posted:
15/01/2008 17:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

hi Buster,

bought as holiday home, we got introduced to Zafer through friends and also was taken to see his other project, and like you were impressed with the quality.

we are in the middle block on the bottom floor, believe Zafers mum lives above ours, so it must be good eh?

Terry & Julie

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.