North Cyprus Tourist Board - getting cat done
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > getting cat done

getting cat done

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Pets, Dogs, Cats, Animals and Kyrenia Animal Rescue (KAR)

» Read about Bringing Your Pet to North Cyprus

» KAR Official Website - www.kyreniaanimalrescue.org

gates

Message Posted:
03/03/2009 19:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

anybody know cheapest vets to get tom cat done and injections ect thanks for any replies

BigMart

Message Posted:
03/03/2009 19:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Had our cat speyed at Garfields, very satisfied with it.

batgirl

Message Posted:
03/03/2009 19:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Go to KAR for a voucher for the vet, make a donation 30tl,this will cover the neutering ,then pay extra for worming etc (not expensive) We have used this road as we paid in full for our first two cats but now can,t afford to keep on paying but we have various semi-wild cats that we feed that we have had neutered

dickyboy

Message Posted:
03/03/2009 19:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

If you can hang on till end off April, I will do it for free for you. O i forgot i will need a welly boot and a scalpel.

It will be a pleasure.

the2ofus

Message Posted:
03/03/2009 22:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

re msg 3 - batgirl - PLEASE do not give out the advise "Go to KAR for a voucher for the vet ......" - the service that they pay for is in respect of wild/feral/stray cats -(hence why they are probably helping you with cost of your "semi-wild cats" as it means that you take the feral cats to vet instead of KAR having to fund their van to come and collect and drop off so is helpful to KAR also). It is not a service aimed/intended for "cat owners" to save them money. If KAR do provide a voucher then the cat will return to its home with the top of its ear removed (international recognition that it has been neutered under a "community/welfare neuter and return scheme"). i think they would try and help in extreme hardship cases but their prioritys are to un-owned animals and their "Neuter and Return Scheme" (i know i know ! this scheme is not liked by many board members especially where it concerns dogs - but it is an international recognised form of stray number control).

the2ofus

Message Posted:
03/03/2009 23:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

re msg 3 - batgirl - PLEASE do not give out the advise "Go to KAR for a voucher for the vet ......" - the service that they pay for is in respect of wild/feral/stray cats -(hence why they are probably helping you with cost of your "semi-wild cats" as it means that you take the feral cats to vet instead of KAR having to fund their van to come and collect and drop off so is helpful to KAR also). It is not a service aimed/intended for "cat owners" to save them money. If KAR do provide a voucher then the cat will return to its home with the top of its ear removed (international recognition that it has been neutered under a "community/welfare neuter and return scheme"). i think they would try and help in extreme hardship cases but their prioritys are to un-owned animals and their "Neuter and Return Scheme" (i know i know ! this scheme is not liked by many board members especially where it concerns dogs - but it is an international recognised form of stray number control).

fire starter

Message Posted:
04/03/2009 09:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

all pets cost money.

if you can't afford it don't have one, simple.

the2of us,

internationally recognised? so we do this in the uk?

Hippo

Message Posted:
04/03/2009 09:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Get the cat done, Get the cat done, get your bloodyself done

Hippo's cat

the2ofus

Message Posted:
04/03/2009 10:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Gates - there are several vets around Kyrenia area. I am sure they will be able to give you a price before you decide which one to use. The 2 nearest Kyrenia are Firdez (behind Pia Bella hotel) Tel 0533 8663806 ; Sibel is in Ozankoy and her tel is 0392 8155799 or 0533 8687670.

Hope this helps.

Firestarter - "internationally recognised" does not mean "practised/done " everywhere. It is recognised by Animal Welfare Organistaions as an effective form of control in areas where there is particular dog/cat population problems. The ear clipping is also recognised as the method of determining which animals have been neutered. I have seen the same Neuter and Return scheme used in other countries (most recently in Thailand and India ).

In the UK maybe there is not the same issues of strays (not saying there are not strays but not the same problems) as generally there is a better understanding in terms of the need for neutering (which then long term reduces stray numbers).

fire starter

Message Posted:
04/03/2009 10:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

the2of us

so only internationally recognised in third world countries!

i guess that says it all.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.