North Cyprus Tourist Board - KKTCELL phone, help please?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > KKTCELL phone, help please?

KKTCELL phone, help please?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

jax47

Message Posted:
04/03/2009 11:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

we recently bought a sim card from a phone shop in Girne, we will only be able to make occassional visits to TRNC at the moment and wanted to have a phone that we could use while there and add credit to and keep the same number. The helpful man in the shop said we could top up on line but obviously once back home the phone wont work and we cant find a web site - all the sim card pack instructions are in Turkish anyway. We also thought it was a Turkcell sim card but its KKTCELL - anyone know anything about these please? Any info would be most appreciated. Thanks

PeppaPig

Message Posted:
04/03/2009 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

not sure about topping up online, but KKTCELL is Turkcell. (kuzey Kibris Turk Cell i think). are you able to get through to the helpline number from UK? maybe try that - they speak good english. Dont know if it will work from Uk though...

PeppaPig

Message Posted:
04/03/2009 12:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

oh the website is http://www.kktcell.com/kktcell/ by the way!

suziQ

Message Posted:
04/03/2009 13:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Peppa is correct KKTCell is Turkcell... If you don't use your phone for a period of time (I think it's 2 months), you will need to top-up with credits to reactivate it - any units which were on the phone will still be available to you as well.

Not sure about topping up online, but what I used to do was take a top up card back to the UK with me so that I could top up my phone as soon as I arrived back in Cyprus for my next visit. Hope this helps.

jax47

Message Posted:
04/03/2009 14:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Thank you both for this but I'm even more confused now - I also thought it was Turkcell and I e-mailed their customer service via the Turkcell web site - the reply from them was "The number 0533****** isn't a Turkcell number. It is a KKTCELL number"

I've had a look at the web site you mentioned Peppa, but its all in Turkish and I couldn't find any English translation at all.

We are coming out again next week so will go back into the shop and see if we can make more sense of it!

Aussie

Message Posted:
04/03/2009 15:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

As I understand it KKTCell is a subsidiary of Turkcell in Turkey and run separately in the TRNC only. Probably you rang the Turkish service number rather than North Cyprus. Try the weblink in message 3.

Aussie

jax47

Message Posted:
04/03/2009 16:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

thanks Aussie but the site mentioned in message 3 is all in Turkish.

PeppaPig

Message Posted:
04/03/2009 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

i reckon, the easiest way is going be to do what Aussie does. Take a card with you, then when you arrive back next time all you have to do is put the new credit on, and it'll also activates your old credit. The other option, would be to open International Roaming, then whilst you're back in UK, every few weeks send a text to anyone, just to keep it active, and it won't deactivate. as long as you have enough credit on it before you go away of course!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.