North Cyprus Tourist Board - Rechargeable Batteries
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Rechargeable Batteries

Rechargeable Batteries

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

smithy

Message Posted:
07/03/2009 14:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Can you buy 1.2v x 2 Rechargeable Batteries here as I have a Kodak easy share camera with Dock but the batteries must be worn out as the camera only works for a little while then goes dead I thought they last for ever if you recharge them, but as usual I am wrong

smithy

denizkisi

Message Posted:
07/03/2009 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

Most of the larger supermarkets sell them. I got some recently from Supreme supermarket on the main Çatalköy road. I also thought they lasted forever, and that my charger was broken!!!

keithcaley

Message Posted:
07/03/2009 14:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Some of the supermarkets have re-chargeable batteries on the battery stand, or at the phone/gadget counter. Most camera shops should have them - the one in Girne on the dual carriageway opposite Deniz Plaza certainly does.

Failing that, I have seen a cabinet in Tektan containing re-chargeables.

smithy

Message Posted:
07/03/2009 14:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

Thank you so much for the info, I also thought if your charge them they last for ever, how wrong can we be, I was wondering if my camera which is about 2 years old had broken as it would not take any pictures, will try the new batteries and see, many thanks again

smithy

RubberDuck

Message Posted:
07/03/2009 15:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

I had the exact same problem with a kodak easy share. It appeared to be a fault with the actual camera though as it was literally eating every type of battery I put in it, be it normal duracell or rechargeables! Hope you have better luck than I did.

fire starter

Message Posted:
07/03/2009 15:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

smithy

i think its the summer heat here which does them in.

every summer my camera plays up, along with my laptop and my mobile.

last year a friend and i figured it out, if your mobile stops performing put it in the fridge for an hour or so.

it worked for both of us, maybe because we have samsung phone?

i will be buying a new one before the summer this year and not a samsung.

cruggs

Message Posted:
08/03/2009 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

hi smithy,if you buy new rechargeable batteries.make sure that you charge them for the recommended initial time on there first charge.i think you will find this information on the packet it is about 12 to 16 hours i think.also rechargeable batteries loose their charge quicker than nickle cadmium one's,

always buy the best you can afford as i bought some cheap batteries the other week and i might as well have thrown my money away.there are new batteries on the market, called lithium and they are very good but more expensive good luck with your quest sheila alias smithy.

smithy

Message Posted:
08/03/2009 12:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Rubberduck

I think it must the Camera as I have had several of these before and have never had to buy any more rechargeable batteries, its just not holding the charge now at all.

Cruggs I will go out tomorrow and look for the best rechargeable batteries, its not worth buying the cheap ones you are just throwing money down the drain. I'm hoping it is the batteries and not the camera, as that would be more of an expense.

thanks for all the help

sheila (smithy)

smithy

Message Posted:
08/03/2009 13:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Cruggs

I have just taken the batteries out to see what make they are, and they are the Original Kodak rechargeable pack I never knew you had to replace them, just shows you what I know

smithy

cruggs

Message Posted:
08/03/2009 16:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

hi again smithy,most of my tools were cordless, with rechargeable batteries and they were supposed to be able too be recharged up to a thousand times

but i found this to be over optimistic,after 3 or 4 hundred charges the batteries would not hold there charge and needed replacing.if you dont use your camera

for some time i would recommend that you charge the batteries up every now and then,just for a few hours to keep them charged up.and they will then be ready for the party at lilys or guidos as the case may be.

have a good evening smithy.

smithy

Message Posted:
08/03/2009 17:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Cruggs

It looks like the batteries have had it, as they don't hold the charge, I take one picture and then it goes off even if I put it on charge over night, so like me its knackered, so to be on the safe side stock up tomorrow, will take some pictures on Wednesday, thanks for the kind wishes

Sheila (smithy)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.