North Cyprus Tourist Board - A little help from their friends
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > A little help from their friends

A little help from their friends

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

newlad

Message Posted:
10/03/2009 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

https://www.donate.bt.com/bt_form_gaza.html

Seem to remember quite a few people on here saying that Turkey wouldnt give the north anymore money.Watch out for American hand outs next,

Paul.

newlad

Message Posted:
10/03/2009 23:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

http://www.famagusta-gazette.com/link.asp?smenu=69&twindow=&sdetail=7951&mad=&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=

Try that.

andysue

Message Posted:
10/03/2009 23:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

god bless our great protector!

the butler

Message Posted:
10/03/2009 23:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

If the locals did an honest days work for an honest days pay in all the government offices. Instead of smoking and drinking coffee for a good part of the day. Then they would be able to collect all of these taxes they are owed and Turkey wouldn't need to keep baling them out. I think they have now just got so used to getting this helping hand all of the time, that it is difficult to break this culture. I am not an expat who is always moaning about how things are done at home but this is an observation made over several visits to TRNC.

I don't know how you could alter their way of thinking and stop this dependancy on Turkey but if they are ever to stand on their own two feet something will have to change.

The butlers wife

kenny b

Message Posted:
11/03/2009 01:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Mrs Butler

Not a lot of difference between TRNC and the UK in my eyes on this one we as a society have accepted that if your parents and their parents lived of the welfare state then it seems acceptable the current generation can milk the tax payer and the system as well.

At least the people that stand on the corners of the streets in Girne dont carry knifes they drink coffee and not Stella acknowledge passers by with a polite nod and not a mouthful of abuse,they smoke B&H and not crack cocaine.

Look at our own country and society before we pass comments about other peoples culture.

Its the TRNC for me everytime.

How about our own citizens living here standing on their own two feet and not sponging of decent hard working tax payers.

newlad

Message Posted:
11/03/2009 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

If the north where allowed to trade on a level playing field and sell their wares,blockades were lifted then surely this would help,and they wouldnt have to go cap in hand to Turkey,

Paul.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.