North Cyprus Tourist Board - taxis from south to north
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > taxis from south to north

taxis from south to north

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All Threads on Taxi Transfers for Cyprus

» Taxis on Cyprus44 Business Directory

mrsgrumpy

Message Posted:
11/03/2009 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

I have just read a message on another TRNC forum that there is a possible problem with northern taxis picking up from Larnaca and then travelling across back to the north. Apparently there was an incident where a TRNC taxi was made to follow his supposed passengers in a southern taxi and they then had to swap vehicles at the crossing. As there is nothing on this much more popular forum, is this hopefully not true, or does anybody know anything about it?

Thanks

griffin9870

Message Posted:
11/03/2009 13:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

I do not know if that incident is true or not. When we have had transfers, the person driving the taxi always removes the taxi sign before crossing the border. I think this is because they get a hard time off the southern side.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
11/03/2009 14:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

msg 2,

As far as i know, they do this because the South side authorities do not recognise their licence to operate as a 'taxi' in the South.

Ditto for Txais from the South that bring people over to the North.

Both generally also cover up the 'T' which is the first letter on their number plates!

A point of contention is that it is said that their insurance policies do not allow either side's taxis to carry passengers for 'reward' on the other side.

It never seems to stop them though...

Keith.

david2

Message Posted:
11/03/2009 15:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

I have been through the boarder to the North and back many time and no trouble at all.

The taxi sign is however in the car.

I have a feeling that the taxi firm its self may influence ease of passage.!!!!!!!

bellapaistaxi

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

I am young bussinesman in TRNC.l have a taxi and rent a car campany.l am doing this job with my brothers.I belive my self,we are the best taxi service in TRNC.we have a 24 hours services.l have a new cars 7 seater and 4 seater.In addition;l can do LARNACA,ERCAN,PAFOS airport services,Ayanapa,Limasol waterpark trip services,wedding party services,car and house insurance services.

Bellapaistaxi and Bellapaisabbeyrentacar

beylerbeyitaxi@hotmail.com

Chrys

Message Posted:
24/03/2009 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

If you are arriving in the South and travelling to the North you are safer to use a taxi service from the North. Contact The Business Centre in Alsancak e-mail: chryscyprus@hotmail.co.uk all our taxi's have full insurance for the North, we are only allowed 3rd party once we are in the South, our drivers do however ensure that you get through the boarders should there be any problems. All our rental cars are fully insured, why not ask for a quick quote for your next visit. There was an incident last week which has now been resoloved.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
24/03/2009 10:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Dear Chrys, re msg 6

If you know about the incident - please tell us more.. and may be you can tell us where this "boarder" of yours is ;) ?!

First part was serious !

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.