North Cyprus Tourist Board - visa on arrival
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > visa on arrival

visa on arrival

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

haroon

Message Posted:
12/03/2009 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 11 in Discussion

Someone told me that when you arrive Ercan Airport your passport will be stamped (with some kind of rubber stamp) with the visa free of charge and you will be allowed to stay there for a period of 90 days from the day of issuance of visa. If you are a student then you will be given a student permit by the university not by the officials at the airport. And officials at Ercan Airport keep no record of your arrival either on paper or on computer.

Is the above information correct? As far as I know visa is a sticker which is affixed to one of the pages in your passport. Moreover, officials at the airports always keep your record on the computer to track you if your visa has expired and you are still in the country illegally, if they have no record on you they can't track you.

fire starter

Message Posted:
12/03/2009 21:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 11 in Discussion

the trnc goverment do keep very good records of arrivals and departures of all people and will fine you if you over stay!

pjnxi

Message Posted:
12/03/2009 21:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 11 in Discussion

Hi yes the old rubber stamp on your passport (90 day visa )

haroon

Message Posted:
12/03/2009 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 11 in Discussion

But is this true that your passport is stamped with visit visa stamp even if you are a student? Isn't there supposed to be a different ''rubber'' stamp for student visa?

guinness

Message Posted:
13/03/2009 12:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 11 in Discussion

90 only for certain nationalities and I am sure you will get 30. (My wife is non EU and she gets 30 days). Look at the TRNC govt website, its all there.

Sticker is issued when entering Turkey only and not TRNC. You have the option of a separate stamp on a loose sheet of paper entering TRNC. Not so significant for EU nationals for when they want to cross to the south as they have a right of entry anyway. But can be very significant to non EU nationals if the Ercan rubber stamp is on a passport page and they want to enter south, even when they have the correct visa for the south. Get the loose sheet. Be warned. HTH

guin

haroon

Message Posted:
13/03/2009 17:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 11 in Discussion

Thank a lot, quin.

You said: [Sticker is issued when entering Turkey only]

Is that ''Turkey Transit Visa'' sticker?

guinness

Message Posted:
13/03/2009 19:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 11 in Discussion

No if you are entering Turkey only. They are of the old school 'bless them' that if you are transiting the airport only and not gone through immigration control then you don't need a transit visa. That fun is reserved for those travelling in the EU's Schengen area. But that is another story.

Guin

cyprus-bunny

Message Posted:
13/03/2009 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 11 in Discussion

I heard recently that not only is the endorsed on the passport but the information on the arrival is dispersed to verious sources South-West-East etc!!

Haroon make sure you have full proof plans (if there is such a thing) before you take the big step!!! You are warmed.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
13/03/2009 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 11 in Discussion

Hi Guinness

re msg 5

As I'm sure you know - as your partner is non EU, gaining entry to the "south" if you've entered Cyprus via the "north" is not "legal".

If my non EU wife was to enter via Ercan / Tymbou - then she could be refused access to the south - must try it some day as this is actually breaking an EU Directive re dependants.

As ERolZ will testify Antipodeans and North Americans seem to "get a away with it" - but not folk from Asia or ex Soviet States.

As for "worrying" about having a "TRNC" visa in the passport - the worse thing that will happen is it will be "cancelled" as illegal and if you are from the "Wrong country" you might be flown back to your country of origin.

haroon

Message Posted:
13/03/2009 20:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 11 in Discussion

Re: Message 7 by Guin

Guin said: [That fun is reserved for those travelling in the EU's Schengen area. But that is another story.]

Dear Guin: So sorry for being so thick. Can you, please, clarify the quoted text? Do you mean to say that you won't need the transit visa only if you are destined to some EU Schengen area? Thank you.

Re: Message 8 by Cyprus-bunny

[I heard recently that not only is the endorsed on the passport but the information on the arrival is dispersed to verious sources South-West-East etc!!

Haroon make sure you have full proof plans (if there is such a thing) before you take the big step!!! You are warmed.]

Dear Cyprus Bunny: Let me tell you I have no ''that kind'' of plans. By the way, which south, east and west are you talking about. I'm just asking this out of curiosity and curiosity leads to many new things. Right?

With best wishes,

haroon

guinness

Message Posted:
14/03/2009 09:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 11 in Discussion

Haroon, I apologise for diverting you from your main query. So in the interests of following the general etiquette of the forum, and keeping the thread to its original subject, I have written to you at length off-list to explain what I was referring to. Its a complicated subject which I often have to deal with in my professional work.

Guin

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.