North Cyprus Tourist Board - getting through cyprus border
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > getting through cyprus border

getting through cyprus border

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Cyprus Border Crossings

» See All Threads on Cyprus Border Crossings

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

gers630

Message Posted:
21/01/2008 21:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

as a newbie on this site i would like help with the following info....

need advise on travelling from the uk: i live in north yorkshire

do you fly to larnaca then how to get from there to the north......where to stay...airport transfers

fly to ercan then from the same procedure from there.......

how far from famagusta/bogaz to the border... i am hoping to come over in feb or march so need advise drastically....i am buying at the caesar resort so would like a hotel or apartment for a week in that area....

Thanks

dodger

Message Posted:
21/01/2008 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Look on the help directions post Gers.

Bradus

Message Posted:
21/01/2008 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

gers630,

This is a difficult one for us Yorkshire folk. Ideally one would fly to Ercan from Manchester and although you have to land in Turkey and then take off again you will be landing in the TRNC rather than having to cross the border. You would also be supporting the TRNC economy. However off season there are not always flights to ercan from Manchester. Those that do fly are ridiculously expensive so many people fly from local airports (leeds/bradford, east midlands, Doncaster etc to Larnaca and cross the border. It cost £80 return journey by taxi and takes about a hour and half. There are cheaper flights from Stanstead to Ercan but this makes it a really long journey north to south of England. When looking at flights it is important to make sure that you book onto a flight that when in Turkey you do not have to disembark and wait for several hours before the connection to the TRNC. Also consider different airlines for outward and inward flights. Last year we flew out with first choice but returned with Thomas Cook. This can give you greater flexibility for your stay ie 8,9,10,11,2,13 days rather than the standard 7 or 14 nights. Like most frequent travellers we hope that direct flights will shortly be on the horizon. Until then you just have to shop around and weigh up the best deals and how to maximise your stay in the TRNC.

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
21/01/2008 23:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

There is a flight daily from Manchester to Istanbul connecting to Ercan all year round.

I have booked using the Manchester Airport booking engine and the fare is around £220.

dodger

Message Posted:
21/01/2008 23:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

much easier to fly to larnaca and then drive across the border.

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
22/01/2008 00:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

I personally prefer to fly to Ercan despite the inconvenience although in the past I have flown to LCA.

Flying to Larnaca puts money into the Greek Cypriot economy.

As for time involved, swings and roundabouts really, you either spend time in transit in Istanbul or time driving from Larnaca/Paphos

pilgrim

Message Posted:
22/01/2008 01:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

salamis hotel or venus beach hotel opposite ceasar resort both good option, could arrange taxi tranafer for you with chap we use 80return Larnaca. border 15mins from ceasar resort. Alternativly neighbour has 4/5bed villa in Bogas available, if any help email me.

regards

p

simbas

Message Posted:
22/01/2008 03:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

hi gers630 welcome to the forum we usually try to use ercan , but have used larnaca as well, before our villa completed we always stayed at the salamis , so can only recommend them

good luck simbas

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
22/01/2008 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Hi gers630

We always use Ercan as a first choice because of the baggage allowance (up to 30kg hold and 10kg hand each -v- 20 - 23kg hold and 5kg hand) and its easier to get to our home. The only time we use Larnaca is if we have airmiles to use up or were coming over for weekend breaks as the flight is shorter, but saying that the distance from Airport to house is far greater.

Karen

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.