North Cyprus Tourist Board - TRNC Constitution in English
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > TRNC Constitution in English

TRNC Constitution in English

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

TRNCPres

Message Posted:
17/03/2009 21:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 35 in Discussion

http://www.kktcb.eu/upload/pdf/12951.pdf

Macha

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 00:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 35 in Discussion

Have the racist bits been properly translated?

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 01:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 35 in Discussion

You tell us John.

Macha

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 01:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 35 in Discussion

I read the first par and that was enough. It's like the make-believe rules in some kids game (8-12s).

Hector

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 01:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 35 in Discussion

TRNC Pres

Any chance that the TRNC laws can be published in English?

Hector

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 16:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 35 in Discussion

Worth a try I thought!

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 35 in Discussion

Hector, most of the laws have been translated into English. See:

http://www.mahkemeler.net/mahkeme-web-t/cgi-bin/showifasil.asp

Sibel

Hector

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 20:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 35 in Discussion

Thanks for that. The first one I looked at, 'Advocates Law' is from 1959. Surely the law has moved on from 1959?

TRNCPres

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 35 in Discussion

Dear Macha.

Regarding posts; 2 & 4.

You have the absolute right to your personal opinion. You have the right to free speech. No problem.

However, after reading a number of your recent posts, it appears, that you have a grudge against many aspects of the TRNC. That again, is not a problem.

When you openly critisise the Constitution, with your form of sarcasm, it cannot be taken any other way than a very serious act.

You may be able to hide behind a false name, you may also be able to alter your IP address, but please remember there are a number of individuals that will one day, feel you may have gone too far. These individuals know who you are.

When you insult the Government, it can be understood. When you insult the Constitution, it WILL not be understood, or accepted.

fire starter

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 21:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 35 in Discussion

macha

what bullshit! big bro is watching you!

be scared run away run away,lol.

maybe someone is watching trncpres as well ,lol.

juliet

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 21:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 35 in Discussion

great post firestarter, why can`t they all be like you?

erolz

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 22:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 35 in Discussion

What has obvioulsy upset the poster concerned is the accusation Macha made that the TRNC consitution is 'racist'.

This upsets me as well as I feel that once again it is an extremely prejudice and distorted view of the TRNC consitution and intended to be so. As far as it makes distinction based on race / ethnicity, and the only place it does this is in regards to citizenship and in this aspect it is no more racist than the RoC 1960 consitution, drawn up consitutional experts and agreed by Greece, Turkey, UK and the two cypriot communites.

There is also a problem with article 159 concerning treatment of property post 74 but that is a legal issue not a racist one.

Having said that I do not condone threats made to posters, explicit or implicit.

fire starter

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 22:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 35 in Discussion

juliet

they haven't got the balls.

anyway the secret policemen are to busy catching the sheep shaggers than to watch us on 44 ,lol.

did you see the article in cyprus today?

i pre warned macha about this, but i think he though we were joking.

told him about a story about the tc in the uk who got caught shagging a horse. people passing on a train saw him and called the police, he ran away and left his trousers and his i.d behind.

not so clever i guess.

Turtle

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 22:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 35 in Discussion

I think some people should be very careful of what they post, freedom of speech is all very well and good but slanderous remarks do warrant some action.

Some people throw words around like confetti and don,t really think before they post.

Gutter press eh bless em !

Turtle

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 35 in Discussion

My point exactly FS, you can tell it how it is but that is only your opinion and not necessarily the truth.

Some people just spout bile and really need to be careful

fire starter

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 22:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 35 in Discussion

turtle

it is not my opinion it is fact.

read cyprus today about the sheep shagger, i just added to it what i had already read in the uk a few years back. infact the guy was procecuted for it!

Tiggy

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 22:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 35 in Discussion

writer of Msg's 2 & 4

Be careful as you are on a final warning and will be taken off the forum.

Try and act in a nice manner.

Moderator: Agree, please take note of behaving in a decent manner.

fire starter

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 22:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 35 in Discussion

content deleted.

admin note - let's not post outside the topic.

Hector

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 22:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 35 in Discussion

Do we assume that TRNC Pres is not who they represent themselves to be? It's a shame if that's so because they could use the forum to answer so many questions and perhaps dispell many myths rather than threaten people.

fire starter

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 23:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 35 in Discussion

hector

if they had any decency they would have spoken to the expats before now.

the only country that condones the cheating of oap's for their life savings.

you think they would want to explain?

Tiggy

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 23:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 35 in Discussion

FS. just letting the person know what is expected as he sent me a simialar message.

A short while ago you told me you have met this person and he was misunderstood. Well reading his recent unprovoked bile on Scottish football supportes and also the TRNC constitution, you must be gullable or in the same league as him.

And on a final note, stop answering for him and mind your own buisness. PLEASE.

fire starter

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 23:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 35 in Discussion

tiggy

lighten up.

to be honest we were having a laugh and you just came along and started nastyness again.

its not the first time is it. other recent posts come to mind.

truely if you don't like peoples posts why reply, or get involved, unless that is you have something to contribute.

so i guess it is you who needs to mind their own business.

erolz

Message Posted:
18/03/2009 23:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 35 in Discussion

So macha do you actually want to discuss rationaly you claim that the TRNC consitution is 'racist' based on actual facts and evidence, or just want to make the claim and leave it at that ?

If you want to have a discussion then I am more than ready to do so. It does seem however that you more interested in chucking some mud and leaving it at that ? Or have I got you wrong again ?

erolz

Message Posted:
19/03/2009 00:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 35 in Discussion

Macha msg 35

"The constitution is racist in that it does not provide for, or treat, foreigners as equal to TRNC citizens -"

This makes no sense. No consitution treats foreigners the same as citizens. If they did there would be no need to even have a category 'citizens'.

On all the important issues of equality the consitution makes no differniation between citizens and non citizens. They all apply to 'persons' not citizens.

Can you actually show anywhere where the consitution treats foreigners differently to citizens, other than places where such is obvious, like citizens have rights to vote and stand, foreigners do not. You have made the claim, the document is there in the first post, so can you back up your claims ? I think not but am more than happy to be shown I am wrong if that is the case.

Tiggy

Message Posted:
19/03/2009 00:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 35 in Discussion

Sarah,

you are a fine one to talk about not replying to posts you do not like.

so you think it is alright for your mate to be nasty to people on this board who have not even made a comment about him.

Your stats are 9 months on the board and 2306 messages. A little sad in my mind. do you play computer games as well ?

If you think your mate Max, Pike, Eric, etc is nice......then when you meet me you will think I am a saint!....take off the blacked out goggles!

erolz

Message Posted:
19/03/2009 00:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 35 in Discussion

Macha msg 38

"What I really should have said was the TRNC authorities, their rules and regulations are racist and discriminatory against foreigners"

Well that is not what you said. Of course if this is what you are now saying then for me I would like to see some evidence of actual laws that you think are racist and discriminatory against foreigners. After all you orginaly made the claim about the consitution and that provides no such evidence.

"...should have his posts taken seriously?"

Your orginal 'attack' was on the TRNC consitution, not the poster, which you called racist. Yes I do think you should take the TRNC consitution seriously and I think if you make such outreagous claims about it as you did then you should provide evidence for those claims - which you have not done.

So do you 'recant' you claim that the TRNC consitution is racist ? Perhaps even appologise for calling it so when it is not ?

erolz

Message Posted:
19/03/2009 01:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 35 in Discussion

Saying the consitution is worthless is very different from saying that it is racist. All consitutions to a degree are worthless. They express ideals but these are rarely reached anywhere. Consitutions say things like 'all people / citizens will have equality under the law' but everyone knows that the rich can afford more and better law than the poor to give on glaring example. By saying the TRNC costitution was racist you were saying that it expressed racist ideals - and this is simply untrue.

You make think calling the TRNC consitution racist, when it is not, is nothing more than a bit of a 'jape' and poking fun, but personally I find it as offensive as you saying I am racist, or my family is racist when there is no evidence to support the claim.

erolz

Message Posted:
19/03/2009 01:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 35 in Discussion

Macha msg 45

You said it was racist. It is not racist. Can you see no problem with that at all? Can you not see that when you make such false claims and then seem indifferent to having made them when challenged that it renforces a view that you are anti the TRNC and care little of actual truth or reality ? That your ojective seems more about creating negative impressions of the TRNC regardless of if they are true or not?

erolz

Message Posted:
19/03/2009 01:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 35 in Discussion

Let me be absolutley clear here. I have no problem with anyone critising the TRNC consitution. However calling it racist is NOT critisism it is just not true. What is so offensive is you asserting this untruth and then trying to pass of that untruth as 'fair critisim'. IF you assert untruths about me I find it offensive, if you assert them about my family I find it offensive if you assert them about my community I find it offensive. By saying that the TRNC consitution is racist you are sayin that my community, the TC people hold racist ideals and have incorporated such ideals into their very consitution which is just NOT TRUE. If you can not see how offensive that is then heaven help you.

erolz

Message Posted:
19/03/2009 01:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 35 in Discussion

Macha msg 47

"If you want to start battles with me, "

You come here and make an assertion dergoatory to my community that is simply untrue , then accuse ME of 'wanting to start a battle' !

"don't waste your time - I don't care"

This is EXACTLY the problem Macha. You say something that is derogatory to the TC people (that they idelaise racism so much they incorprate it into their consitution) and then having done this you say 'I don't care'.

Well you SHOULD care about spreading lies. It is a shame you do not. A shame on you.

erolz

Message Posted:
19/03/2009 01:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 35 in Discussion

Macha msg 47

"The problem with this constitution you are so worked up about"

I am not worked up abouyt the consitution. I AM worked up about you saying it is racist when such is NOT TRUE.

"it is illegal in the eyes of the entire world, as is the "state" it claims to represent."

This is a distraction , but also simply not true. Look at ECHR rulings. They repeatedly make the point that laws made by the TRNC are not simply invalid because the TRNC is not recognised.

"Why should I take anything about it seriously? I don't. It's meaningless to me."

You do not take it seriously and it is meaningless to you then what was the OBJECTIVE in you saying that it was 'racist' ? That to me is a serious and meaningful claim and one that is NOT TURE.

Yet again from where I sit what you SAY and what you DO seem to be very different things.

Tiggy

Message Posted:
19/03/2009 03:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 35 in Discussion

And nor do you.

erolz

Message Posted:
19/03/2009 03:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 35 in Discussion

Macha msg 39

"You know very well it is the constitution I am criticising"

You are not critising it, you made a false claim about it. It is not the same thing at all.

"and that the Turkish Cypriot people have had no control of their constitution, seeing as it was imposed on them by TURKEY."

This is just not true. Even if it were true then you still insult the TC people by making out that they are happy to have a racist consitution imposed upon them and do nothing about it. Not even the fiercest critics of the TRNC regieme within the TRNC claim the constitution is racist.

" Stop twisting things by pretending I am insulting the Turkish Cypriot people."

I am not twisting anything. You said the TRNC consitution is racist. That IS a 'smear' against the TC community for it is THEIR consitution and it is a completley UNTRUE smear.

"and you DON'T speak for the Turkish Cypriots."

I speak AS a legal citizen of the TRNC.

erolz

Message Posted:
19/03/2009 03:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 35 in Discussion

Macha take some responsibility for the things you say. You said the TRNC consitution is racist. This is NOT TRUE and if you had an ounce of decency then you would admit it as not being true.

What a surprise, someone spreading lies about the consitution of a state of which I am a legal citizen of, upsets me. How strange.

Izzet

Message Posted:
19/03/2009 03:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 35 in Discussion

This thread is now closed. Reason: Thread was addressed and no need for further posts.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.