North Cyprus Tourist Board - Football FA semi-finals at Wembley
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Football FA semi-finals at Wembley

Football FA semi-finals at Wembley

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Aslan

Message Posted:
20/03/2009 11:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

I remember as a teenager my delight in trips to Wembley to watch the Everton of the eighties in FA cup and Milk cup action.

Now the greedy FA want to host the FA cup semi-finals at wembley to increse there coffers, personally I think that playing the semi's at wembley discredits the final, surely Villa Park, Anfield and the Manchester City stadiums would be better venues for both the toffees and the devils to travel, and if that was the case then the Chelsea and Arsenal would have to play at Whiteheart lane or even the Majestic stadium.

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
20/03/2009 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Good point but this is the only way Arsenal will get to play at Wembley,lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7clGDhkSIw

Guess who I support

P

dodger

Message Posted:
20/03/2009 12:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Asian,

Excellent post totally agree with you,

Paul.

kavenkoy

Message Posted:
20/03/2009 12:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

agree aslan

£45 ticket ,trip to the smoke ,ripped off for a slice of pizza at £7 and 4hrs each way .....nice

kav

Kibris

Message Posted:
20/03/2009 12:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

I disagree here....you need to give as many fans as possible a chance to watch...ok all the armchair fans come out of the woodwork...but so what... gives us norvern munkeys a weekend away wiv the bird!

Aslan

Message Posted:
20/03/2009 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Recession hit England and they expect the lads from up north to fork out and feed the pockets of the FA (twice), and the kids who want to experience the semi-final and go to school the next day will be exhausted, if the FA want to encourage youngsters to carry on going to stadiums to watch their beloved club they should not be screwing the parnets out of hard earnt cash, the stadium will be empty of Manc's and Scousers and full of visiting Middle East and Asian tourists this is not good for English footbal or it's supporters.

The FA have proved their failings in producing a national stadium on time and within budget and now expect the true supporters of English football to foot the bill. If the AIG executives can not get away with it, then the same should be said about the FA Chairman and his money grabbing cronnies.

dodger

Message Posted:
20/03/2009 14:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Kibris,

You must love being ripped off mate,

Paul.

Kibris

Message Posted:
20/03/2009 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

not at all dodger.... i just think the Wembley exerience is second to none....(based on my visits to the old place)

In '93 I went there 4 times in 6 weeks following my beloved Wednesday!

Granted we ended up with bugger all....and i dread to think of the cost....but I loved every minute of it.... the weekends in Brighton and Southend... fair enough it might not have been the same if i had lived down south!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.