North Cyprus Tourist Board - 1st time residency help
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > 1st time residency help

1st time residency help

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

Menace

Message Posted:
21/03/2009 21:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi,I know there is a lot about this already been posted.I've searched a lot but some of it is obviously old and the rest doesn't answer in what order you need to do things.Some of the posts suggest going to the police station first and some seem to say take the paper from the Muhtar to the police station.

So my question is....what needs doing and in what order is best,want to get it right.

John

gooligan

Message Posted:
21/03/2009 21:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Muhtar first,will find some links for you.

gooligan

Message Posted:
21/03/2009 21:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

http://www.phpbb88.com/northerncyprus/viewtopic.php?t=8920&mforum=northerncyprus

It can change on a daily basis,best bet is to go to Girne Police station,thru front doors and tell officers at the desk where you want to go,go past them turn right and follow corridoor down and I think its the 2nd office from the end on the left.All info is posted on the door in English on what you need.

ebookuk

Message Posted:
21/03/2009 21:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

hi john,

you first get the paper from muhtar confirming that you are living in that area, get your sales or rental agreement with you ( rental agreement should be registered by the tax office in Kyrenia ) your copies of the passport you go to the Girne police station, they prepare your application and give you the laboratory paper for your blood tests ( with the paper given by the police, you go to the laboratory have your tests, takes about couple of days ) get the result in sealed envelope, keep it with you. All you do is then is wait a couple of weeks that Girne police station sends your documents to Lefkosa Ministry of foreign affairs, you go to the residency department, after waiting long hours on the queue, you can ask the officer if your application arrived yet, you bring your lab report and passports ready with you, that's what I know, hope it helps

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
21/03/2009 21:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Just pop into the immigration department at Girne Police Station and they normally have a printout of what is required just ask for one a couple of days prior to you applying for residency and that will be the most up to date information available.

AJ

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
21/03/2009 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Menace

Where are you residing in the TRNC?

gooligan

Message Posted:
21/03/2009 21:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Profile says Lapta.

Menace

Message Posted:
22/03/2009 12:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Thanks for info,yes in Lapta,sea side not village,will get info from police station then go see Muhtar,thanks again

John

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.