North Cyprus Tourist Board - Final nail in the coffin for 'exchange land' buyers?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Final nail in the coffin for 'exchange land' buyers?

Final nail in the coffin for 'exchange land' buyers?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

Hector

Message Posted:
22/03/2009 21:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 64 in Discussion

I expect you have seen this, but from 2011 if you are convicted of a criminal offence in one EU country (even if you were not present), that court can issue an extradition warrant for your arrest in any other EU country. You will then be arrested and simply extradited. The UK has signed up to this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/5024252/Britons-convicted-of-crime-in-their-absence-overseas-now-face-deportation.html

Now I'm thinking that the GC side will jump on this. I believe it is a criminal offence in the South to buy exchange land? Suppose the Orams were now convicted in their absence? The GC court can issue an extradition warrant and they would be deported from the UK to South Cyprus and sentenced. Not only can you be subject of a civil claim that may be held valid to be enforced in the UK against your property/assets but from 2011 you can be arrested and extradited.

Thoughts?

Hector

Message Posted:
22/03/2009 22:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 64 in Discussion

Further article outlining the danger

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/3022479/EU-extradition-law-faces-legal-challenge.html

karakum5c

Message Posted:
22/03/2009 22:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 64 in Discussion

The crime if any exsists was committed outside the EU whatever the Greeks may try it wouldnt stand up in court.

RedSnapper

Message Posted:
22/03/2009 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 64 in Discussion

I`m new here but a guy i met in a bar in Chatalkay or somethin` who was with a local Cypriot fellah said something like this would never work, think his name was Gary?

negativenick

Message Posted:
22/03/2009 22:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 64 in Discussion

first the Orams case now this.....

Least the sun's shining..

Nick

Hector

Message Posted:
22/03/2009 22:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 64 in Discussion

I've got a great idea to deal with this. Lets all bury our heads in the sand. Voila! Sorted!

rowlo

Message Posted:
22/03/2009 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 64 in Discussion

another nutter , who cares ?

negativenick

Message Posted:
22/03/2009 22:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 64 in Discussion

mess 6 - you can't beat the burry your head in the sand atitude...

Hector

Message Posted:
22/03/2009 22:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 64 in Discussion

NN

trouble is ones backside is left sticking up, one can only shudder at the thought at what may happen...

Stewart

Message Posted:
22/03/2009 22:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 64 in Discussion

Dear Hector....after all of us are convicted...where do you propose to put us all...or do we do community service cleaning the beaches?

What will happen to all those TCs that sold us the land....what about all the agents that sold us "illegal" apartments...what about the solicitors that drew up illegal contracts...what about the electric company who supplied these "illegal" properties with Electric, what about the "illegal" stamp duty and Tax I have paid..

Do you live in the real world or in the south?....not even sure why I am wasting my time on this reply!!!

rowlo

Message Posted:
22/03/2009 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 64 in Discussion

msg9 you could always park a bike in it???

andysue

Message Posted:
22/03/2009 22:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 64 in Discussion

you beat me to it stewart , i was going to reply along the same lines, then decided " cant be arsed the guys" then you posted exactly what i was going to post !

andy

Post edited for offensive remark

Hector

Message Posted:
22/03/2009 22:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 64 in Discussion

Stewart

Please don't shoot the messenger. I don't like it anymore than you do. I live in the real world, hence drawing peoples attention to the Daily Telegraph article and the real danger of this new EU law. I don't live in the South. I have an apartment in the North and live in the UK.

Your questions you pose are legitimate ones. I wish I knew the answers.

Stewart

Message Posted:
22/03/2009 22:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 64 in Discussion

Dear Hector.....you are not a messenger..you are a stirrer who is putting 2+2 to make 5

The EU 2011 treaty...has nothing to do with property outside the EU..Is NC not outside the EU?

All this will be sorted as part of the peace process...as such, the EU will not allow 250,000 people ( approx ) to become criminals overnight!!!

If the island does not become one..still no problem.let there be peace on earth

Hector

Message Posted:
22/03/2009 23:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 64 in Discussion

Stewart

I resent your 'you are a stirrer' comment. Uncalled for and untrue. I would have hoped that you would know that from my previous postings. As I said 'don't shoot the messenger.' You may not like information this but it is a fact. I hope you are right about this new treaty having nothing to do with property outside the EU. The issue is not about property though. It is about what is a criminal offence in a EU country. If it is a criminal offence in the ROC and their courts convict a EU citizen then it appears to me you are in play. As I say, I hope I am totally wrong.

clarets

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 64 in Discussion

If something isnt recognised ..........how can it be in the EU?

pilgrim

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 00:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 64 in Discussion

I think we should all disregard these devious individuals and not respond to any of their 'baiting' posts and threads.

LondonCypriot

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 01:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 64 in Discussion

Someone is trying to shit stir. The UK government fully supports the Turkish Cypriot community.

erolz

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 03:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 64 in Discussion

The law that the RoC passed in 2006 that made purchasing property in the North a criminal offense is not retoractive. Before this law such prosecutions were civil offenses, like the one against the Orams. So even in the event that this new EU law is ratifed by member states (which it has not been yet and my never be) and it is deemed it can apply to cases of ROC court judgements in areas outside their effective control where EU aquis is currently suspended then it would not affect anyone who purchased prior to 2006.

joseph

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 05:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 64 in Discussion

Erolz... I think ruling is yet again divisive , what of those eg who purchased post 2006, are you not giving ROC law credence on this by agreeing to it not affecting purchasers prior to 2006. Either it is accepted in totes or not at all?

Re the law... I think reading the doubts expressed by most law societys and representatives in Europe it is obvious no country is comfortable with this at all except... you've guessed it... the UK... who immediately via Jack Straw do so?

As ever I think Britain immediately presses ahead while everyone else says hold on this needs to be thought through?

More importantly it reveals yet again if this directive is passed by EU it becomes the law in UK whether we like it or not. Read Straws answer he does not say we will discuss this in parliament or ,much less ,put it to the British people, No... he says he agrees, as if he had a choice... not so... its a soundbite made to sound like we had a choice?

They've sold us out.

Regards Joseph

erolz

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 07:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 64 in Discussion

Jospeh msg 20

It is not about me giving creedance to RoC laws or not. The fact is the RoC passed a new law in 2006 that for the first time made purchasing disputed property in the North a criminal offence rather than a civil one. I think they did this for political reasons. Namely in order to potentialy be able to use european arrest warrants on purchasers of property in the North the offense had to be criminal not civil, so they made a new law to allow for this potential.

It is a basic premise of legal justice that new laws can not be applied retroactively - and quite rightly so. The new RoC law making purchases a criminal act was passed in 2006. It can not be legaly used against 'offenses' that occured before the time this new law came into effect.

The new EU law proposed to come into effect in 2011 is far from having been passed into EU law as far as I can see. The EU parliament has passed it but that is just the first stage of the legislative process in the EU

[cont]

erolz

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 07:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 64 in Discussion

Before this new EU law can become part of general EU law it still needs to be approved by the European Council - made up of member goverment ministers who may return it with ammendments or reject it.

http://www.europeanlawmonitor.org/eu-legislative-procedures/who-is-involved-in-making-european-laws.html

Even if this law is approved in the EU council it will then be down to each memeber state to enact legislation to meet its requirments. It is totaly unclear to me at this time if such a law actualy could be used in realtion to RoC criminal prosecutions that relate to property that is in an area where the EU itself considers its laws inactive. Just as it is still unclear at this time if the EU laws on enforcing (civil) judgements through other member states courts apply to such cases or not. We still await the ECJ ruling on this , let alone on this new propsed EU law that is not yet passed.

erolz

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 07:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 64 in Discussion

I think there probably is some cause for concern for those that have purchased property in the North post 2006, but I do not think people should get it out of proportion at this point in time. We still need to see how the ECJ decides on the Ormas case. We still need to see if this new EU law is even going to make it passed the EU Council and if so what the law actualy says. We then need to see how each member state interprets such a law in its own national laws. We still need to see if the RoC is actually going to use the new 2006 law to try and bring criminal prosecutions against people who have bought property in the North, which to date they have not done. The new 2006 RoC law exists but to date no one has ever been prosecuted under it.

Ultimately the RoC is not gonna to advance its politcal cause within the EU by bringing criminal prosecutions against people who have bought property in the north post 2006 and I think it knows this. The 'game' at the moment is all about

[cont]

erolz

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 07:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 64 in Discussion

trying to increase the potential risk involved for people continuing to buy and develop dispute property in the North.

erolz

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 08:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 64 in Discussion

One final thought - there does seem to be a suspicous lack of any hard information about this proposed new law other than in the telegraph articles. I can to date find nothing on the EU Parliament website, nothing on Liberty's website and nothing on Fair Trials International website. The only online referances to this proposed new law I have found to date refer back to the telegraph article. When I get a chance I'll do some more digging but so far there is a strange dearth of online info about this proposed new law which seems kind of strange to me.

sienna

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 08:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 64 in Discussion

In addition, and to add to message 10, that the TRNC administraation, having approved the purchase process would surely also be culpable along in this!!!!

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 09:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 64 in Discussion

re msg 18 LC

It also has asked TURKEY to sign the Ankara protocol and reminds us, constantly, that it will NEVER recognise "TRNC", nor help UK citizens re property in the north - pointing out the Foreign and Commonwealth Office warnings..

re msg 16, Clarets .. As I'm "sure" you know, all of Cyprus is in the EU, already.. which is WHY a ruling from a RoC court is giving the Orams' a "reminder" that they aren't immune from legal action..!

As we know, the RoC has had criminal code on it's statute books for some time - re property stilled owned by a displaced Cypriot being used / occupied by someone else ... but how many folk have been arrested...?!

If this pan European Act did come in - I se now reason WHY the RoC wouldn't be able to start issuing writs, followed by warrants for non appearance..

Whilst there are talks proceeding and the ECHR has suggested displaced folk could use the mechanism put in place by TURKEY, this would probably NOT make the RoC "popular".

Pipie

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 09:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 64 in Discussion

All depends on the orams outcome , in my opionion , what is the latest update on the orams , ? i have forgotton the date of the next hearng

erolz

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 09:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 64 in Discussion

MM msg 27

"It also has asked TURKEY to sign the Ankara protocol"

Turkey has signed it, just not implemented it.

"that it will NEVER recognise "TRNC" "

Politicians do not say 'never' in this sense. The Uk has repeatedly said it does not recognise the TRNC, but it does not say it will NEVER recognise it. About the last time a UK minister did use the never word was in 1954 when Henry Hopkinson, minister of state for the colonies said

"It has always been recognised and agreed that there are certain territories in the commonwealth which, owning to their particular circumstances, can never expect to be fully independent"

and we all know how well that 'never' went !

The ECJ has not ruled on if the civil case against the Orams can or can not be partialy enforced in the UK courts against UK assets. We wait and see.

The RoC has to date not prosecuted anyone under the criminal laws it passed in 2006.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 09:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 64 in Discussion

OMG.. PLEASE let us edit our posts.. my msg 27 looks like a "Spider" stole my id ;)

Seriously , I posted it my mistake ( "editing" not complete ) and I got a warning the server was down.."PHEW", I thought, but it still appeared ;)

briggus

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 10:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 64 in Discussion

Hi Erolz

What defines "purchase" post 2006?

The date you take ownership of the deeds: or

The date you signed the contract to purchase: or

The date you made your final payment to the builder?

Regards

Briggus

erolz

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 64 in Discussion

Briggus

I really could not say. You would need to get proper legal advice from someone who knew the actual law in question in detail and even then it might not be clear.

The principal that laws can not be retroactive is that you could not know when you did x (in this case made a purchase of disputed property in the north) that it was a criminal offence under RoC before that law existed. On that basis I would guess and its only a guess that you could not be prosecuted under this law for purchasing if you started the purchase process before the law came into effect, so from the point you made the inital desposit. Only a guess. I should also point out that the same law criminalises the selling of disputed property. So you may be safe from prosecution if you bought before 2006 but not if you sell after that point.

At this stage this RoC law remains a 'threat'. They have yet to prosecute anyone under it that I am aware of.

Hector

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 12:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 64 in Discussion

I wonder why the Forum Moderators have not acted with regard the insulting and vindictive comment:

"you beat me to it stewart , i was going to reply along the same lines, then decided " cant be arsed the guys a prick" then you posted exactly what i was going to post !

andy"

Or is personal insults ok when someone posts what might be bad news?

snakes

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 15:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 64 in Discussion

Estate agents have a great way of solving this problem ! recently when looking to buy an agent told us only consider pre 74 turkish title !! strangely the house we were interested in had this !!! the same agent called us last week to show us a house on exchange land to which i questioned him on the "safety" aspect to which he said there was no problem ! so the problems solved ! if anythimg were to happen just get the agent to sort it they are such a helpfull lot !!!

juliet

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 15:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 64 in Discussion

msg34

does the word "commision" not come to mind snakes? go for pre 74 tc title here you are sure to be safe....

andre 514

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 15:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 64 in Discussion

go for increasingly-scarce pre '74 title and pay the extra premium

go for exchange land if you decide the much-hyped talks process will peter out

if you are concerned about legal claims for "loss of use" yet to be established,

flats at a big complex are more anonymous and secure than any isolated villa

snakes

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 15:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 64 in Discussion

mess 35 juliet thank you we did buy pre 74 and hope all who didnt are ok !!

Hector

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 16:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 64 in Discussion

I find it incredible and sad that posters efforts are aimed at insulting me as the messenger rather than perhaps focusing on the elephant in the room. So far I've been called a 'prick' a 'stirrer', 'nutter' 'devious individual'. It appears that none of these insults are within rule 3 of the forum rules though.

Anyone thought that it might be worth a letter to their UK MP or Cyprus Today? Can anyone tell me that I have got the completely wrong end of the stick with my fear as to what will happen?

jay76

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 64 in Discussion

Where is pikey in all this or has he changed his name ''again'' can anybody spot him.

briggus

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 16:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 64 in Discussion

Erolz Message 32

Thank you

andre 514

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 17:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 64 in Discussion

hector,

I think you haver been torched unfairly

yes your interesting report must be studied carefully

nonetheless there is many a slip between cup and lip...

and I would be surprised if this idea affects the average punter

if such an arrangement is actually proposed for the uk imagine the howls of protest from those facing international custody battles and many other groups

lastly,

and I am sure such a "scheme" should be bracketed with the oram's saga

while it would an effective frightener and superlative propaganda material

none of this will reclaim any property whatsover for the gc's will it?

only a proper compromise agreement could do that, nicosia please take note!

juliet

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 18:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 64 in Discussion

jay76

some of your forum buddies have had pike banned!!!! as usual when one starts to have a different opinion the children in the play ground go running to the teacher......

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 64 in Discussion

Dear ErolZ ( oh ,sorry forgot.. Don't call me Dear ! )

YES, you are correct TR signed it ( Ankara Protocol - the UK are asking them to implement it ) !

*You* are mistaken re the UK govt saying they will never recognise "TRNC"... strictly speaking they said they will never recognise "TRNC" for as long as their is THAT UN resolution in place.

The UK High Commissioner re-iterated this recently ...

Tiggy

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 19:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 64 in Discussion

alas jay 76 when you are banned......for some reason it means you are banned. One that has also been banned is around as we type.

The Orams case decision is in April, is it not ?

Hector

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 64 in Discussion

Unbelievable! I'm now viewed as 'pikey' (as well as a prick, stirrer, devious, etc. and probably Adolf Hitler next) and why pray? Because it appears I have simply reported articles in the Telegraph (that well known subversive UK paper) about my fears about the possible repercussions of a new EU law? A law which is not aimed at the Cyprus property issue, nor is aimed at helping the GC's, nor at punishing Brits because they have bought exchange land. It inadvertently could though, and that is my point in alerting people to it. As rightly pointed out by some, it has yet to be ratified but it is as good as, from the UK government point of view. Civil liberties groups & the Conservative party have spotted the problems it appears but are they aware of what could happen in Cyprus? I doubt it. So what are we doing about it other than spitting out vitriol in my direction?

keithcaley

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 20:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 46 of 64 in Discussion

Hector,

Join the club, it was only last week that somebody thought that I was Macha / Pikey - he was probably quite offended!

Keith.

erolz

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 47 of 64 in Discussion

MM msg 43

"*You* are mistaken re the UK govt saying they will never recognise "TRNC"... strictly speaking they said they will never recognise "TRNC" for as long as their is THAT UN resolution in place.

The UK High Commissioner re-iterated this recently ..."

Show me a single referance where a UK government offical uses the 'never' word in relation to TRNC recognition and ill accept it. With all due respect your 'hersay' that they say this is not good enough for me. I do not doubt you beleive they use the never word but that does not mean it is true.

erolz

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 21:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 48 of 64 in Discussion

Hector msg 45

I have not insulted you in any way. I have tried to address the issues raised in the telegraph arcitles. Why focus on those that have not done this? Just ignore them. If you want to talk about the issues raised then do so. It does seem currently you are more interested in talking about your 'persecution' and 'martydom' in this thread than the issues you orignaly raised ?

Turtle

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 21:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 49 of 64 in Discussion

Juliet, I hear your mate is the worst culprit for bleating to the mods sounds as if he has had a taste of his own medicine.........................and Im sure he doesn't like it.

erolz

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 22:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 50 of 64 in Discussion

Hector msg 43

" it has yet to be ratified but it is as good as, "

I do not think it is as good as passed to be honest from the little I have been able to find about this. From the telegraph article

"The Attorney-General said the new law, which will be discussed by EU Justice ministers in Luxembourg next month, was "an exercise in raising standards not reducing them".

It also says

"The new rules would "clarify the circumstances in which a person may be sent to another member state after being tried there in their absence".

It may well be that in clarifying the rules it will clarify that the RoC can NOT use such EU wide legislation when it relates to property that is located in an area where EU law is currently suspended. That is certainly a possibility.

It is just too early and there is too little hard info at this point in time imo to judge how this might affect people with property in the North.

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 22:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 51 of 64 in Discussion

the only time you will ever hear a politician say never in any sentence is [never say never] and then you have to interpret this yourself.

musin

long live the kktc

joseph

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 22:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 52 of 64 in Discussion

Hi Hector

I think the problem was perhaps how you worded the tag. Had you entitled it: "Could this be the final nail etc" or :"Do you think if this were to be ratified it could be the final nail etc" whereas the way you posted the tag made it sound like it was de facto; as opposed to... what are the possibilities should this happen. Presumably you read the article in the paper and must have read that it is neither ratified as yet not accepted by a great many law societies throughout Europe countries.

To be fair... would I be right in thinking it was on your part just the quickest and simplest way to draw peoples attention to said article?

Just to throw the cat among the pigeons I wonder the reaction if the tag had read: Final nail in the coffin of exchange land sellers?

Or: Final nail in the coffin of exchange land granted by Turkey etc etc?

As Stewart points out, it carries issues pertaining to everyone from seller, lawyers, builders to buyers etc?

Regards Joseph

Hector

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 23:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 53 of 64 in Discussion

I thought that putting a ? at the end of the subject heading was a clue that I was asking for peoples opinions and asking for peoples thoughts at the end likewise. I wonder how many actually read the Telegraph article before jumping in and condemning me.

I again simply say that if there is a possibility of problems being caused if this law goes through then it is never too early to take action to try and stop it. What do you think the GC's are thinking about this possible new law? If you think they don't know about it or will not find out, think again. Do you think the possibility of the mischief this law could cause is not known to both sides at present whilst the property issue is being argued over?

How about a simple 'Thanks Hector for bringing this article to our attention.We will be/won't be taking further action.'

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
23/03/2009 23:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 54 of 64 in Discussion

Musin

How are you doing?

Do you have a vote in the forthcoming elections?

I guess if you have then I know who you will be voting for.

Take care.

AJ

joseph

Message Posted:
24/03/2009 00:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 55 of 64 in Discussion

Hey Hector... I was just trying to diffuse a heated situation by expanding the question/possibilities to:

Is it the final... for exchange sellers

Is it the final... for exchange land offered by Turkey.

I presume, but don't know, that perhaps either of the above tacks have been tried and failed and as ever it is the individual that is being "threatened"

I wonder, like you, if one side or the other find it to be yet another possible impediment to the possible outcome, and such "speculation" in the press when considered from the Cyprus view does not help?

As ever it seems to me they can only deal with the status quo?

Regards Joseph

Hector

Message Posted:
24/03/2009 19:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 56 of 64 in Discussion

Joseph

My apologies and thanks for your attempt to diffuse the situation. It appears that if one brings a topic to attention that is in the 'too difficult to handle tray,' then one is vilified. That seems to be ok with the moderators, as it's in the 'too difficult to handle tray.' If one complains about the vitriol then I am accused of being a 'martyr' for doing so.

Interesting though that not one person has commented on trying to head this new legislation off at the pass. What does that say for the values and true intentions of some of those on this forum?

andre 514

Message Posted:
24/03/2009 20:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 57 of 64 in Discussion

hector,

you were right to bring this report to everyon's attention...

there would you can be sure an absolute storm of protest

from a variety of many influential groups should such a thing

ever be seriously planned or gets to the ratification stage

it goes to show how barmy and irrational the eu is becoming

fire starter

Message Posted:
24/03/2009 22:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 58 of 64 in Discussion

don't take it all so personally.

its not designed for the cyprus problem but for the laws of the e.u.

think of all the murder's and rapist that have been playing one country against another for far too long. now there is a way to stop them.

so if you break the rules in the e.u. why shouldn't you be prosectuted?

rowlo

Message Posted:
24/03/2009 22:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 59 of 64 in Discussion

where have you purchased hector ???

MUSIN M

Message Posted:
24/03/2009 22:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 60 of 64 in Discussion

msg 54

hi aj

myself and my youngest son can and will be voting ,i did not have enough time to sort out the other boys voting.

yes you have more than likely worked out who we will be voting for.

regards

musin

long live the kktc

Hector

Message Posted:
25/03/2009 21:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 61 of 64 in Discussion

Andre514

"you can be sure an absolute storm of protest

from a variety of many influential groups should such a thing

ever be seriously planned or gets to the ratification stage "

That was why I highlighted it, it is seriously planned and it is near the ratification stage (the UK through Jack Straw, has already agreed to it).

I agree with firestarters point "it's not designed for the cyprus problem but for the laws of the e.u. think of all the murder's and rapist that have been playing one country against another for far too long. now there is a way to stop them.

so if you break the rules in the e.u. why shouldn't you be prosectuted?"

My point was that the GC side could misuse this i.e. using their criminal offence re buying former GC land (exchange land) in the North. Whats to stop them convicting a UK national in their absense and then apply for an extradition warrant? Anyone care to promise me that they wont?

Rowlo, I have an apartment in Kyrenia.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
25/03/2009 21:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 62 of 64 in Discussion

Hector. I've just had a chance to read this thread for the first time.

Thank you for posting it, It's a good link.

Potentially this could affect us all in the future one way or another.

rowlo

Message Posted:
25/03/2009 21:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 63 of 64 in Discussion

hector msg 61 ,wouldnt that work on both sides ??

Hector

Message Posted:
25/03/2009 21:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 64 of 64 in Discussion

rowlo

It would, although I can't see the UK using this for political purposes.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.