North Cyprus Tourist Board - Estate agents called North Cyprus International
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Estate agents called North Cyprus International

Estate agents called North Cyprus International

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» List of North Cyprus Estate Agents

» See All North Cyprus Estate Agent Related Threads

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

eager

Message Posted:
22/03/2007 00:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 35 in Discussion

hi all, going out in may to view property, have a couple of days booked with agent called.. north cyprus international..anyone know of them/bought through them? have only spoken to them on the phone, seem ok but would like others opinion if poss. many thanks.

Izzet

Message Posted:
22/03/2007 10:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 35 in Discussion

Hi Charles,

If you are interested in Esentepe region, you should check the company I work for as well - NCP.

http://www.north-cyprus-properties.com/

NCP had some cash flow problems but recently they merged with a wealthy Turkish company - Lider Construction, from Turkey. I believe NCP developments are high in quality compared to others in North Cyprus and the property locations are one of the best on the island I think.

Anyway, if you are interested in Esentepe, I or Osman can take you there from your hotel, answer any of your questions about North Cyprus and our properties and on the way back if you wish, we can stop for a golf break ?

Izzet

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
22/03/2007 10:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 35 in Discussion

Hi

I havent heard of North Cyprus International. We used a very good company called Donaghy & Beyler and could recommend them.

eager

Message Posted:
22/03/2007 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 35 in Discussion

thanks for your replys, nci have a london office [jamie lester] who i have spoken to. their n c office is on esentepe main road.

izzet, will look on your site and get in touch nearer the time [ may 9th- 23rd] many thanks.

shona1

Message Posted:
22/03/2007 19:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 35 in Discussion

Hi Eager,

NCI sent me their property brochure and then bombarded me with phone calls. I decided not to view any properties with them. I did view properties with 3 other estate agents and found The Little Villa Company to be the best, so far (touch wood) they have been excellent.

Good Luck

Shona

eager

Message Posted:
22/03/2007 23:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 35 in Discussion

thanks shona,just wondering if its not all much of muchness, thats to say all agents are going to show you [me] around the same properties? is it better just to find a couple of agents and stop wasting time. many thanks.

Bradus

Message Posted:
22/03/2007 23:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 35 in Discussion

Eager,

Best approach might be to do a search of apartments that you like the look of, email the estate agents for more details like room sizes, location and facilities and narrow down to the ones you would like to visit. Hundreds of estate agents sites to visit and the details are usually informative and very descriptive. We decided to look for only pre 74 Turkish Title deed houses and apartments and gave the estate agents exact details of what we were looking for and then shortlisted. Spent 3 days then visiting the selected properties with 3 different estate agents who picked us up from the hotel and were all equally helpful. We ignored the estate agents who we had been told were"heavy with the pressure" I think it would be good to have some insight before you visit. Did you visit the homebuyers pressure group?

eager

Message Posted:
23/03/2007 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 35 in Discussion

hi bradus, yes have looked at the web-site thanks. all things considered it might be more prudent to view only pre 74 property. how did you find things over there in general? is the building boom getting to much? looking for somewhere that still has some charm with nice senery and laid back, does this still exist? many thanks.

Bradus

Message Posted:
23/03/2007 15:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 35 in Discussion

There is building going on everywhere but no where near other med countries and it tends to be more villas than the massive complexs you see in other countries. Estentepe region has really taken off. We saw some beautiful properties but they were very estate driven - streets and streets all with the same design houses. Excelent value for money but no real feel for being in another country. I am wary about giving advice cos eveyone is different and what ticks my box may not tick yours. I have only been to cyprus north x 2 so am hardly an expert. We as I said chose Ozankoy (abbey View apartments) cos of the beautiful views from the apartment and the fact that it is a small development, builders wife is english and really helpful and builder is allowing us plenty of choice with tiles, kitchen units etc. also size of apartments and pre 74 deeds was an esential requirement. Preferred Kyrenia area also. Osankoy we think also has enough of a Brit community to prevent isolation but also looking forward to living amonst the Turkish Cypriots too. Small & friendly was my ideal.

linwoodmo

Message Posted:
02/05/2007 18:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 35 in Discussion

Hi Bradus

Just a word of warning re NCI. I went to TRNC on an inspection trip with them in March 07, I will not bore you with 'ins and outs' but despite being very specific about what I wanted and asking to see a list of properties they were taking me to see(i was told they had an internet problem at that time in TRNC and couldn't forward the details)the result was they actually only had 1 x property to show me (i think this was a ploy as they really wanted me to buy this re-sale property)which I didn't find suitable so it all back fired for them. I bought independantly direct from a developer they got upset and billed me for the whole flight and hotel (which I would not have had a problem with if I had received any kind of professional service from them ,I did not!!.

My advice book your own flight and hotel and get each agent to pick you up at your hotel and show you what they have thats meets your criteria BUT keep a note of WHAT you have seen with WHO, as its a competative game out there and they will all try and show you the same developments etc, waisting your viewing time. Its a buyers market be firm if you don't like them or their company walk away!!

eager

Message Posted:
02/05/2007 21:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 35 in Discussion

thanks linwoodmo, going out next week under my own steam, cant be doing with inspection trips. will meet with nci as arranged, if i dont like what they have to offer i will cut their time short and move on to others that i have arranged to meet. many thanks.

cyprusishome

Message Posted:
03/05/2007 10:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 35 in Discussion

Eager,

You must spend a lot of research before you come about areas to live, amenities etc. Do not believe a word of what any estate agent tells you, no different to UK. Plus if going Esentepe, Tatlisu direction be aware that water and electric will probably not be connected for some time so ask that specific question and make sure you look into the eyes for any answer.

As for pre 1974, do not be conned along that route. Yes it may carry marginally less risk but is any one going to kick off the island 95% of buyers. Plus builders and agents have been known to sell properties as that and then you find on searches, which you need to do yourself to be sure, they are actually not. And that after you have paid a premium price.

Certainly do not be conned into signing anything on first visit, have a good look, then do lots more research.

As for the company you mention, unless someone knows otherwise I believe they are Israeli.

We have lived here permanently since Jan 2006 and bought Feb 2005 so you are aware of how I come to offer my conclusions.

David

sarahlou

Message Posted:
08/05/2007 14:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 35 in Discussion

Eager, we used NCI (North Cyprus International) and found the to be very professional at all times. To be honest we wanted our independance so declined various offers of 'cheap inspection trips', we met with 12 agents/developers in total and decided to but a re-sale property.

Tim from NCI took us around Esentepe and surrounding areas, he was the least pushy but most informative agent we met and boy did we meet some dodgy individuals !!!!

My advise to you is look at resale, there are so many unfinsihed properties out there, see and touch what you are actually buying !

eager

Message Posted:
08/05/2007 16:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 35 in Discussion

many thanks, will keep my eyes open.

gongle

Message Posted:
11/05/2007 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 35 in Discussion

be very wary of NCP (not NCI) as the last newspaper report here stated that they needed bailing out of being more than £2 million in debt. their half built development on the road to Esentepe hasnt changed in more than a year. they may have new funding but the same management is in control... scary!!!

i believe NCI sell many properties so they must be doing something right but didnt use them myself.

trevor

Message Posted:
03/04/2008 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 35 in Discussion

Please please please can someone give me a good estate agent to deal with, i am looking to buy a 3 bed penthouse, prefarably a resale. What is the best freehold property to buy pre 1974 or the other?. All i keep reading in these blogs are stories to put me off buying, who can i trust, which builders, which estate agents, and a bloody good lawyer. What is a good area to buy in, i want it as a holiday home for myself and as a rental, who are the best people for this, could we please have some agreement on this, all i want is some help.

billybob

Message Posted:
03/04/2008 00:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 35 in Discussion

buy direct from a builder not a estate agent and dont go to NCP yet as there infrastructure is in chaos plenty good builders - Sydney is one Okut another even Ali Kayem

trevor check out Medview esentepe and Turquoise bay at the golf course

slimboy62

Message Posted:
03/04/2008 21:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 35 in Discussion

Trevor

Try H & B Estates in Kyrenia - very reputable english couple - Bob & Rene - they have penthouse (new) in Kyrenia Heights at very reasonable rate. Built by Kibris.

Barrovian1

Message Posted:
04/04/2008 04:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 35 in Discussion

As to Sarahlou posting 13

We too used NCI when we first came out last August. We were pencilled in to have 5 estate agents show us around, in a 3 day period. On day 1, Tim showed us TBV at Esentepe, and we bought it straight away. Tim was a layed back character, who never pushed us in any way. I reckon that he went way beyond the call of duty, and showed us around N. Cyprus, and took us to Peanuts for lunch.

Bob.

ps You owe me a beer for this testamony Tim.

jakki

Message Posted:
04/04/2008 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 35 in Discussion

We used NCI last July. We initially went out with Savills although it was not a cheap 'inspection trip' it cost us £1,500. for two nights in a fairly moderate hotel - shan't name it though because I know there are fans on this site -(disgusting breakfast well if you like eggs and powdered orange juice it's for you!) and flights. I am not a snob but we are used to better things - having never been to NC before but now we know better!! Anyhow, on our second day we used the services of NCI - can't complain - Diane was very professional and not pushy and Jamie in London is very approachable, speak as I find.

Jo Valentine

Message Posted:
04/04/2008 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 35 in Discussion

Re. North Cyprus International.

A Client who we are moving to Sweetwater Bay in May/June bought through NCI and can't recommend them enough.

This week I filled in an on-line enquiry form, they rang and then sent an info pack with a DVD. They will be at the International Property Exhibition at NEC next weekend (along with others, I assume?).

Hope this helps

Jo

mint1955

Message Posted:
19/04/2008 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 35 in Discussion

We used them just recently and cant recommend them enough. We bought Sweetwater Bay though them. Really laid back and no pushiness. I have been in touch with them on and off for about 18months and they have never bombarded me just a call now and again and certainly when I requsted they didnt contact me for a few months due to illness they were true to their word.

Jamie is always really professional and we met him and his team at the Excel Centre in London a few months ago. When we went out to NC Diane showed us around listening to what we wanted and came up with some great choices. Whilst driving around she was a mine of useful information and introduced us to the rest of the team and some locals as well.

Hope that helps

Sheila&Phil

Talkback

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 17:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 35 in Discussion

hello everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone who has dealt with North Cyprus International would be able to assist me. I am intersted in getting some feedback about the company and Jamie Lester in particular.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

negativenick

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 18:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 35 in Discussion

Dianne talks a great job....

lovingcyprus

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 35 in Discussion

My advice is do not buy off plan and as far as I am aware you will not get permission to purchase a pre1974 Turkish title property

kibrissibel

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 18:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 35 in Discussion

Talkback, Jamie Lester used to work for the London office of Homes Abroad. They have since been bought out by Carringtons in North Cyprus and the London office was bought out by someone else. You can email me off board for more info.

Ozbey

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 18:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 35 in Discussion

Izzet, msg 2,

Is it a good idea for you to be advertising your employer NCP?

I was just reading on another thread "Koop Bank to auction houses" about the NCP development at Esentepe called Olive Grove. It alleges that they still have a mortgage of £2,000,000 (maybe over £3,000,000 by now) and that the bank are wanting to auction off the houses - only losers will be the buyers who will end up with no house and no money.

Surely if NCP have just found a new rich benefactor, they should use the money to pay off this mortgage, thereby giving their past customers the houses that they paid for. If they do build more, who in their right mind would trust them enough to buy one? (Yes, I know the answer - there is always one more uninformed mug waiting to be conned!)

But is it right to be recommending this developer on this forum?

rocky

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 35 in Discussion

I had no problem with NCI when I went to NC in 2007. I travelled independently and I was taken around by about 3 agents. Tim from NCI was the least pushy of those agents. Eventually I paid a deposit to NCI (£1000) however the development was somewhat delayed due to planning issues and Jamie refunded my £1000 and did not demand a penny of this for Tim's time (nearly all day) or even his. I did visit the offices in Hammersmith which appeared to be a serviced office in a large block. I met Jamie in the coffee bar. This did not concern me as it makes sense to have a London address and not spend thousands on expensive high street offices. I would have no issue dealing with this company again. I would not however buy off plan again its too lengthy/stressfull. I do think however that jamies company (although I think it may be a partership now) will have plenty of resales and near completed properties to offer. Their web site used to be excellent and they were issuing a periodic magazine

magolina

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 19:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 35 in Discussion

hi,

best one i have heard of is North Coast

pepto

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 35 in Discussion

What about Henry Charles/ I know he is no longer there and they just use his good name. Now belongs to a Middle East Company.

Cat amongst the pigeions? sorry about the spelling ! was in a hurry. will wait to see what reaction withinterest!

gooligan

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 19:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 35 in Discussion

Look at the dates,the original message was started in March 2007,it had been in hibernation for 18 months before Talkback posted today.

clayton

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 20:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 35 in Discussion

hi eager

bought through nci on crystal bay park in bacheli,no problems with jamie lester and his staff at nci.very proffesional in everything they did for us.answered anything we asked them straight away no waiting for days for e,mail returns.explained things in simple english unlike some who try and baffle you with science.introduced us to naiomi memphet who i think is the best solicitor in north cyprus.anyway good luck and all the best clayton.

Blackpoolfan

Message Posted:
29/10/2009 22:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 35 in Discussion

I bought a place in Kyrenia through NCI no problem at all nice and smooth, until i used their property management services they were Sh*t and that is being kind..............

Ozbey

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 35 in Discussion

Hi Izzet,

Sorry, I didn't notice that your recommendation was over 2 years old.

Are you still with them?

Either way it seems that the new Turkish money didn't make them any more secure or trustworthy, according to the current Koop Bank thread.

What are your views today?

come_on_aylin

Message Posted:
30/10/2009 18:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 35 in Discussion

Why not buy a ready built fully furnished villa in Esentepe at knock-down price from me...

4 Bed, 3 Bath, 8x4 Metre Pool, Air-con blah blah blah...

Lovely rural location.. easy access to Esentepe Village, not on the main road but has a proper road to the nine houses in the development. No mortgage on the land... contract registered etc.

£145,000 (a snip) negotiable

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.