North Cyprus Tourist Board - Relocating / working in North Cyprus
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Relocating / working in North Cyprus

Relocating / working in North Cyprus

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Wreckage

Message Posted:
26/01/2008 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Hi,

My partner and I have bought two properties in North Cyprus initially with a view to renting them out as holiday lets and or long term. We have visited Cyprus a number of times and found the quality of life far better than here in what was Great Britain and now are considering up rooting and moving. We are both in our early fifties, quite fit,willing and able to work. (At anything) As I have property in Britain and manage them myself I was looking to move into Property Management sort of work at T.R.N.C. with 'Meet and Greet' and Airport transfers. My partner and I would look after the not maintenance side of running property! Anyway, the bottom line is, as we are both very new and obviously very green to running property abroad or for that matter relocating! Any help, tips, advice, do's or do nots would be more than welcome.

Cheers m' dears.

Tom C

rtddci

Message Posted:
26/01/2008 19:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

I would consult and join the British Residents Association when you next visit. They can be found at Pegasus restuarant Friday mornings. Life is never simple in the TRNC and rules can change overnight. You will need a work permit. The taxi drivers may not be too pleased re the airport transfers. Check up on the rules re paying of your tax on the property rental.

Good luck!

Martin

Wreckage

Message Posted:
27/01/2008 10:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your info. I would not wish to tread on anyones toes with regards to transfers to/from Airport, so a rethink on a Taxi Service may be best! Bit frustrating with things such as that as I always prefer to be the 'Master of my own destiny'. Still, early days. I am out to NC in middle of Feb so I will probably mozey along to the Residents Association then

Ta much

Tom C

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.