North Cyprus Tourist Board - Istanbul Airport Facilities
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Istanbul Airport Facilities

Istanbul Airport Facilities

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

RTgirl

Message Posted:
27/01/2008 10:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

Morning all,

I am finalizing my plans to move to TRNC at the end of April and will have to fly via Bahrain and Istanbul. I have just spoken to Turkish Airlines and they tell me that I will land in Istanbul at 06.30am and then not leave until 21.00pm. Does anybody know of any facilities in Istanbul Airport that I would be able to use during that time?? The travel agent didn't know of anything. I don't fancy wandering the terminal for approximately 15 hours. I will have been up all night as it is, having to leave Bahrain at 03.00am so a corner to snooze will be a priority! Tried to check it out on the internet but the page won't open for me just now. Any advice/suggestions gratefully received....

Thanks a lot

ukturk

Message Posted:
27/01/2008 10:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

hi rtgirl

istanbul ataturk airport has everything you need to pass your time away, if you talking about food it has a burger king, also has turkish, chinese and italian cuisines, has loads of duty free shop and even has a bazaar which is a copy of the bazaar in Istiklal Street (famours bazaar in centre of istanbul), if you are looking to chill out you can always pay a fee at the airport for a service called primeclass which is basically a v.i.p section which serves hot and cold food, has tv, internet, a creche for the young ones and much more, finally if this does not appeal then you can order a room in the on site airport hotel ecag room has a mini bar,tv with departure flight details, internet and 24 hour room service

hope this helps

regards

ukturk

RTgirl

Message Posted:
27/01/2008 11:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Hi ukturk,

As ever, a mine of useful information and just what I need. Thanks so much, I can now finalize my plans - at least I know there is somewhere to have a sleep, a wander and something to eat before heading to my new life in the sun!

Thanks again

paul90

Message Posted:
27/01/2008 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

One suggestion to consider:

Take a taxi to Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen airport.

Most days there is a Pegasus flight to Nicosia-Ercan at 1140 for only £30.

Link is:

http://www.pegasusairlines.com/EN/pegasus.uo.neden.pegasus.asp

Or go and see the Blue Mosque, Bazzar etc in the city.

Hope this helps.

ukturk

Message Posted:
27/01/2008 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

hi paul

thats a good suggestion, but rtgirl is using turkish airlines from bahrain to istanbul then i presume using the same airline to ercan and most of the time she wont be allowed to leave the airport and in some case's wont be allowed to leave the departure lounge

regards

ukturk

RTgirl

Message Posted:
27/01/2008 15:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Hi Paul, ukturk,

I must admit I did like the sound of a Pegasus option but my travel agent said the same as ukturk, I won't be able to do it. My cats will be coming with me just to complicate matters! Oh well there is somewhere to put my head down for a few hours so I should be okay.

Thanks again guys.

berty

Message Posted:
27/01/2008 17:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

where you flying from if you are going via Bahrain. The reason I ask is that I fly to Cyprus regularly from Bahrain and then drive up or get a`taxi to TRNC. There are direct flights from Bahrain on certain days GulfAIr Cyprus Air or Emirates. Just a thought and a stop over in Bahrain is better than Istanbul if you hve to stay

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
27/01/2008 17:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

When I made enquiries about bringing my dog to TRNC but coming via Larnaca I was told it could be done but the TRNC authorities dont like it and would make things 'difficult'. Things would be traumatic enough for RTgirl's cats without the extra quarantine and checks that I was told would happen.

Ataturk airport is very modern and slick. Dont think I would want to spend 15 hours there but theres worse places.

Good luck!

turbo

Message Posted:
27/01/2008 22:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

The Turkish airlines VIP lounge is at the other end, by the Duty free.

Not sure if you can get into the Turkish Airlines VIP lounge for a fee, but you can ask.

It has everything the other lounges have and a lot more.

They have small Hamam to take a nice shower or steam, lots of little private areas to relax and they even have a dark/quiet room with recliners to sleep in.

It looks like you are in the Dolmabahce palace.

I look forward to spending a few hours there relaxing, showering and a cocktail or two before arriving nice and fresh to Ercan.

It is a long and tiring flight from LA.

RTgirl

Message Posted:
28/01/2008 05:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Morning folks!

Berty, I am at present in Saudi Arabia hence my flying from Bahrain. When I asked about flying to Larnaca and then heading up north with my cats, I was told in no uncertain terms that I couldn't do it and if I did try there was no guarantee that they would be allowed to cross the border with me. It would have made life so much easier if I had been able to go that way....

I have seen the airport website and although I am not looking forward to spending 15 hours there, it does at least have plenty of facilities and the VIP lounge option sounds worth checking out and the hotel apparently has rooms you can book at an hourly rate if you are air-side - so many options!

berty

Message Posted:
28/01/2008 18:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Hi RT girl

I am in Saudi too where abouts are you suffering at LOL? Sorry I obviously hadnt read things properly didnt know you wanted to take cats. Perhaps you should play it safe and go into the North

Lucky old you going one way i still have a little time to serve before doing the same

RTgirl

Message Posted:
29/01/2008 05:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Morning Berty, I am in sunny Ras Tanura - for my sins!! Yes, decided time to abandon ship and so TRNC drew the short straw and is going to be home to me and the moggies!

Love the e-mail address....

Yes, much as I'd prefer to go via the south I don't have a choice so am trying not to think about the airport layover too much - just what waits for me at the other end!

Your time will come soon just hang on in there!

Scoty

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 11:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Any one got any idea how much the airport lounges are to get into. Friends will be in the airport for 6-7 hours next week and don't mind paying a bit of cash to chill out and relax in comfort.

Thanks in advance

NCMan

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 11:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Nothing if your friend has an HSBC Premier account.

Scoty

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 11:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

NCMan

Thanks for that. Don't know but will pass this on.

wanderer

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

If you're booked with Turkish Airlines and are a transit passenger they will do a free city tour for you

http://www.istanbulinhours.com/

mollycorbin

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

http://www.ataturkairport.com/eng/1_f.php?id=105

NTERNATIONAL TERMINAL

'primeclass' lounge: It is a part of the TAV 'primeclass' CIP service, with world class comfort in a modern lounge, where guests feel special and privileged.

Turkish Airlines Lounge: Welcomes passengers flying with THY.

British Airways Lounge: Offers exquisite lounge services for British Airways passengers.

Millennium Lounge: Offers world class services for the First Class and Business Class passengers of contracted airlines.

Advantage Lounge: Lounge service offered for Advantage Card holders.

Wings 'primeclass' International Lounge: Holders of various cards issued by Akbank as well as 'primeclass' passengers can enjoy all services offered in this lounge.

Garanti Zone Lounge: Holders of various cards issued by Garanti Bank can enjoy all services offered in this lounge.

mollycorbin

Message Posted:
05/06/2010 11:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

My husband uses the HSBC lounge but I found it hot in their. Since I did not have a first class ticket, I paid 30-50 (euro I think) for the Millenium lounge. I did notice last time that the lounge behind Millenium has a terrace for smoking. I am not a smoker but know the airport is designated as no smoking and have seen a few people going nuts.

You also have the hotel option at the other end of the terminal. Check the airport link and you will find more info there.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.