North Cyprus Tourist Board - Internet connection problem
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Internet connection problem

Internet connection problem

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

robbie c

Message Posted:
26/03/2009 13:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

I've been unable to get on the internet on my computer for days again. I'm on 3G, it shows I'm connected with 3 or 4 bars showing, but my skype never connects and when I try the internet it says not connected. When I do a diagnose problem check, it says Plug a cable into the network adapter "Local Area Connection". Ive stuck my dongle in every orifice on my computer but get the same message. Ive put it on my friends laptop in the same room and its working fine.

Any suggestions?

erolz

Message Posted:
26/03/2009 14:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Robbie C not much experience with 3G here but I think it would be worth trying to unistal the software and reinstal it.

To unistall (with the modem disconnected) it look under control panel - add remove programs (or programs and features on vista). In the list of installed programs there should be something that relates to Turkcell 3G. Uninstal this.

To reinstall I believe all you have to do is plug the modem into the USB port and it should take you through the instal procedure from there.

Might be worth a try.

erolz

Message Posted:
26/03/2009 14:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

If you still having problems and are near Kyrenia then I am happy to have a look for you and try and sort it (no charge). Drop us an email at erolz@cream.org if you want to contact me direct.

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
26/03/2009 14:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

It may not be any fault of your computer, but the way the 3G is working.

I cannot use my 3G connection for Skype in the UK on my Laptop, but when I connect my laprtop to my Home Network Hub there is no problem. I find that 3G tends to send pulses rather than a stream of data, and these pulses are not send fast enough for 3G to handle.

robbie c

Message Posted:
26/03/2009 16:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Just moved the computer 3 foot away to my dining table and everything seems ok now, although it cant stay here. Will have to find a new home for it in another room and hope it still works.

Thanks for all you help though.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.