North Cyprus Tourist Board - KADS (Kyrenia Amateur Dramatic Society)
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > KADS (Kyrenia Amateur Dramatic Society)

KADS (Kyrenia Amateur Dramatic Society)

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Kyrenia North Cyprus

» Kyrenia Cyprus Photo Gallery

» Kyrenia Sights

sydney

Message Posted:
28/01/2008 14:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 33 in Discussion

Hello Everyone,

I welcome you all to this new thread which will feature news, events, programs and schedules about KADS (Kyrenia Amateur Dramatic Society).

Everything you ever wanted to know about KADS will be provided on this thread up to date.

The last production of KADS was a huge sucess, thanks to you, our wonderful audience. And now the next production, "The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen's Guild Dramatic Society's Production of Macbeth", phew what a long name, is on in May. This is a comedy by David McGillivrary and Walter Zerlin Jr. The Auditions were held on 20th January and there is one female part left to cast, if anyone is interested! Rehearsals have already begun and it is a very exciting to be a part of it.

I will keep you posted if anything interesting comes up. If anyone is interested to know about KADS, please write to me.

Thank you

simbas

Message Posted:
28/01/2008 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 33 in Discussion

hi sydney , i would love to audition , but its a bit too far to travel for rehearsals but i wish you lots and lots of luck

regards simbas

sydney

Message Posted:
29/01/2008 09:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Simbas,

The rehearsals are not fixed at one place and keeps moving between members. So it is quiet flexible and usually members help each other out. Anyway, the part has been cast by someone and we are alright now for this play.

An announcement wasmade at the rehearsal that couple of new radio plays will be produced by KADS. So if you or anyone are interested, get in touch. But this will be after the play in May.

We had fun at the rehearsals and very much looking forward to see you on one of the performance day. Cheers

sydney

Message Posted:
21/03/2008 09:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 33 in Discussion

Hello my dear Kyrenians,

KADS invite you to a "Bring a Bottle & Full Dish" Social Evening and General Meeting at 6.00pm on Sunday 30th of March to discuss the Proposal: that KADS become involved in the production of Radio Plays with BRT in 2008 to be held in Karin & Erol Ziya's home in Kyrenia (below Ezic Premier)

For directions phone: 815 5016 or Email erolz@cream.org

sydney

Message Posted:
09/04/2008 14:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 33 in Discussion

Hello my dear Kyrenians and Visitors,

KADS production "The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen's Guild Dramatic Society's Production of Macbeth" will be staged on 9th and 10th of May. The venue: Anafartalar School, Kyrenia.

Hope you all will come and enjoy the play as much as you did with the last production "Confusions". The rehearsals are fun. I will keep you posted on the progress.

Cheers

sydney

Message Posted:
25/04/2008 09:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 33 in Discussion

Hello Everyone

KADS update on "The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen's Guild Dramatic Society's Production of Macbeth"

In my last update, I forgot to mention the time and the ticket price for the show. Tickets are priced at 10 YTL per head. The Tickets are available from All Occassions shops and on the door too. Time: 7.30pm on both nights. So grab your tickects and enjoy this wonderful comedy being put together by the wonderful team of KADS.

Yet here's a spot

sydney

Message Posted:
30/04/2008 10:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 33 in Discussion

Hello Everyone,

Sad news, I am afraid. "The Farndale Avenue Housing Estate Townswomen's Guild Dramatic Society's Production of Macbeth", has been postponed. There are some threads on Cyprus44 spreading rumours around that it has been shelved for good. But that's not true and it will be staged at a later date for sure.

So all of you who were looking forward to the play, please don't be disappointed as it will be scheduled for another date. We are not going to let all the rehearsals go in vain and the fabulous cast are ready to do it whenever the dates are available.

Soon the new dates for the show will be announced. Thank you.

Cheers

TimothyCadman

Message Posted:
30/04/2008 21:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 33 in Discussion

Sydney,

I think you should be speaking to your director, Matthew, as he seems to be under the impression that the show has been dogged with so much misfortune (double booked, lack of rehearsal time on stage, cast member pulling out at the 11th hour to see to sick parent) that a total cancellation is the only option for this year. Maybe 2009 maybe better and hopefully the hall will not be double booked.

As the school is not available pretty soon, before the end of May, and there is no air conditioning in the building, putting the play on will be a nightmare for the cast and audience as the weather warms up in June.

And also there are no other locations this side of Lefkosia that are suitable to stage this production, unless you want to pay the 1000US Dollars a night to hire the hall at GAU.

Indian

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 17:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 33 in Discussion

Hey Sydney,

Wish you and your team all the luck to get it staged this year...

Good Luck

sydney

Message Posted:
02/05/2008 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 33 in Discussion

hey TimothyCadman,

Unless an announcment is made officially by KADS that it has been cancelled for good, people don't have the right to make assumptions about the play. If you want to bring a private comment by the director into public domain, its not fair on all the KADS members. And i am guessing you are not a KADS member either. So please feel free to either encourage us or try to help us rather than deciding the fate of the play. Please take it in positive note and thank you for your suggestions.

Cheers

sydney

Message Posted:
08/08/2008 08:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 33 in Discussion

Hello All,

Summer has arrived and i am too late in announcing it anyway, hehe. Since, KADS takes a break in the heat of the summer for stage productions, it dosen't let the spirit die. We have lined up some good radio plays for the people of North Cyprus. So watch out for them. Soon, i will announce the details.

Cheers

rosieposie

Message Posted:
29/09/2008 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Sydney,

Could you tell me if you have anything planned for the coming months aside from the radio plays? I am not a member yet but I am very interested in taking part in classes, rehersals etc in the future. I have never done this sort of thing before but I am very keen on giving it a go and would like to know some more details!

Thanks

sydney

Message Posted:
06/01/2009 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Rosieposie,

Sorry for this long delay in answering back to you. Please accept my apologies. During the winter periods, we KADS tend to relax a bit and then get back in action during Spring time and Summer. But, we always do something or the other. And we have come up with something and if you look at the next post, you will find out all about it. We always welcome new members and it would be an exciting journey for you to participate in various activities of KADS. Looking forward to welcome you into our group. If you need any further information, please feel free to ask.

Cheers

sydney

Message Posted:
06/01/2009 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 33 in Discussion

Hello All,

The KADS team are doing a rehearsed play of "An Inspector Calls" by J.B. Priestley, in aid of Kyrenia Animal Rescue at the The Watermill Hotel.

The Hotel is situated very close to the Passport Restaurant.

The show is on 17th, January and seats are reserved for a donation of 20 YTL which includes glass of wine and open buffet.

For reservations, please call 0533 877 31 43.

Please come and support the good cause.

Thank you.

Cheers

sydney

Message Posted:
06/01/2009 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 33 in Discussion

Hello All,

Sorry, forgot to mention the time. 7.00pm prompt start.

Saturday 17th, January.

Cheers

sydney

Message Posted:
08/01/2009 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 33 in Discussion

Hello All,

A week and a half to go. All you, who care about KAR (Kyrenia Animal Rescue), support the good cause and enjoy a nice evening with KADS.

For reservations, please call 0533 877 31 43

Cheers

sydney

Message Posted:
13/01/2009 11:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 33 in Discussion

Hello All,

3 days left for the show. Hurry up and get your tickets for a good cause. Help KAR through KADS. It will be a good evening's entertainment with food and wine.

For details, see the posts below.

Cheers

sunnycyprus

Message Posted:
13/01/2009 13:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 33 in Discussion

hi Sydney,

please send my love to the group, unfortunately i wont be able to make it. would have loved to come along and show support.

take care,

(the one and only) Amber x x x

sydney

Message Posted:
14/01/2009 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 33 in Discussion

Hello All,

The KADS team are doing a rehearsed play of "An Inspector Calls" by J.B. Priestley, in aid of Kyrenia Animal Rescue at the The Watermill Hotel.

The show is on this coming Saturday 17th, January and seats are reserved for a donation of 20 YTL which includes glass of wine and open buffet.

Time: 7.00pm prompt start

Please come and support the good cause.

Thank you (Hi Amber, I will for sure pass on your support to the group)

Cheers

sydney

Message Posted:
16/01/2009 16:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 33 in Discussion

Hello All,

One more day to go..........(See posts below for details)

Cheers

sydney

Message Posted:
17/01/2009 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 33 in Discussion

Hello All,

Tonight 7pm prompt start. Please come and support the good cause.

The KADS team are presenting a rehearsed play of "An Inspector Calls" by J.B. Priestley, in aid of Kyrenia Animal Rescue at the The Watermill Hotel.

The show is on this coming Saturday 17th, January and seats are reserved for a donation of 20 YTL which includes glass of wine and open buffet.

Cheers

sunnycyprus

Message Posted:
18/01/2009 08:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Sydney and all the KADS members,

how did last night go?

wish i was there

love

Amber x

sydney

Message Posted:
19/01/2009 11:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 33 in Discussion

Hi Amber,

It was a great success. Thanks to many people supporting the good cause by being there. It didn't feel like the read through at all as the cast were brilliant. All of them dressed accordingly to the characters. The buffet was nice and the atmosphere was wonderful. I will keep you and all updated on the coming events.

Cheers

sydney

Message Posted:
16/06/2009 10:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 33 in Discussion

Calling all lady actors....

At 4.00pm next Sunday, 21st June, Kyrenia Amateur Dramatic Society will be holding auditions for the two act play ‘Bazaar and Rummage’ by Sue Townsend. Director, Sydney Stanislas, invites all those interested in becoming involved in the production, intended for a three night run at the end of September, to meet at his Bellapais home, directions for which can be obtained by phoning 0542 884 32 39 or emailing him at yoursyd@gmail.com.

dav88

Message Posted:
16/06/2009 10:29

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 33 in Discussion

Sydney

Is the part still available? I`d love to audition for it!! Would appreciate it if you could e-mail me details x

sydney

Message Posted:
16/06/2009 10:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 33 in Discussion

Hello Sandy,

All parts are still available and the audtions will be held at 4pm on 21st June Sunday at my house in Bellapais. My email id and mobile number has been included in the post. I can send you a little bit more detail about the play to your email. If you need any more assitance, please feel free to ask

Cheers

mamachina

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 13:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 33 in Discussion

Is this a 'radio' play or an 'acting' play this time? i am not terribly mobile but can sit obviously, and walk but not run across a stage. Also a lady of mature age (hum!) so not suitable for a lot of parts!! Dont drive at night either!! - I know, just scrub me off as no use!

sydney

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 16:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 33 in Discussion

Hello Mamachina,

Thank you for your interest in the play It is a proper acting play and will be later, hopefully, be a radio play as well. I guess you must have done few KADS plays before! Anyway, if you would like to come for the auditions, you are most welcome. Mind you the village streets are narrow and steep sometimes. I will keep the post updated as to what happens on Sunday and the dates for the play.

Cheers

sydney

Message Posted:
17/06/2009 18:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 33 in Discussion

Calling all lady actors....

At 4.00pm next Sunday, 21st June, Kyrenia Amateur Dramatic Society will be holding auditions for the two act play ‘Bazaar and Rummage’ by Sue Townsend. Director, Sydney Stanislas, invites all those interested in becoming involved in the production, intended for a three night run at the end of September, to meet at his Bellapais home, directions for which can be obtained by phoning 0542 884 32 39 or emailing him at yoursyd@gmail.com.

sydney

Message Posted:
19/06/2009 16:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 33 in Discussion

Hello Ladies,

Don't forget, this Sunday at 4pm, the auditions for the KADS play at Bellapais. Come and try your acting skills out

Cheers

sydney

Message Posted:
20/06/2009 10:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 33 in Discussion

Hello,

To all female actors, this is an open invitation for the auditions being held at 4pm on Sunday at Bellapais. The auditions is for the two act play ‘Bazaar and Rummage’ by Sue Townsend, intended for a three night run at the end of September. Directions to the house can be obtained by phoning 0542 884 32 39.

Hope many will turn up for the auditions and make my day

Thank you and have a nice weekend.

sydney

Message Posted:
16/10/2009 18:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 33 in Discussion

It's a bit late, but as they say time is precious

KADS are having meeting /audition tonight at 7:30pm to discuss about a play.

A Murder Mystery: 'Who Sleighed Santa'.

Parts: 4 female and 3 Male parts plus Santa. It will be in the evening

built around a three course meal at the Mountain View Hotel in

Karaoglanoglu. Planning to stage it aroud early December.

Meeting Venue for tonight: 2 Ustalar Sok in Karaoglanoglu ...

Directions: driving out of Girne go slowly past the GAU road ...

then take the first road on the left ... immediately before the 'new'

Homebase store ...

take the third turning on the right ...

and it is the first house on the right [opposite the Mountain View

Apartments sign].

Looking forward to see the people who want to tread the board. Come and meet the friendly bunch of people at KADS

petez

Message Posted:
11/12/2009 18:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 33 in Discussion

Dont forget the show is on this Saturday...

think there may be one or two tickets left if you are lucky..

Good luck to all involved,

http://www.living-in-northern-cyprus.com/review/2009/12/who-sleighed-santa/

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.