North Cyprus Tourist Board - Pressurized water system
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Pressurized water system

Pressurized water system

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Turbo

Message Posted:
28/03/2009 20:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Having installed a water pump at the flat I am now thinking of removing it, it has caused nothing but problems, tanks keep leaking , hot water tank replaced twice and was told by the plumber that it was normal to keep fixing them.

Anyone else had problems with their pressurized water systems?

Or, how difficult is it to have it removed ?and be on regular water pressure.

I have a ground floor flat in Girne.

thnx,

david123

Message Posted:
29/03/2009 13:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Turbo,

Was this a gravity system before you installed the pump?

David

Cyprusactive

Message Posted:
29/03/2009 15:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

There should be no problem with pressurising a water supply to a flat. Incorrect installation, absence of non return valve, pressure relief valve of too high a value installed, there are several endemic problems with local installations. Speak to John Cyprus Solutions 0533 836 7094 who can sort this out. Done properly they will last for several years.

Regards

Nick

Turbo

Message Posted:
29/03/2009 21:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

David, it was originally built as a gravity system but I had the pump added, I remember he took the hot water tank and said it had to be sealed to make it handle the pressure.

So far it has been replaced twice. His answer was, "it has to be replaced every couple of years". It is now dripping again.

The problem is , I don't live there, so unless a neighbor contacts me, I wont know when something is wrong.

The gardener sometimes forgets to turn the pump off. ( it does go on and off on its own when water level drops).

I don't like to leave it on, after all, you never know when its going to stick and not stop , but the garden needs to be watered and the tanks get low on water so the pump has to be turned on again to fill of the tanks.

Is it a good idea to get rid of it ?, the flat is on the ground floor and should have decent gravity pressure.

david123

Message Posted:
30/03/2009 00:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Hi turbo,

Yes the tank side of it is correct because a normal one would not handle it and being full of pressure it would the come out of the vent,

The problem with converting a gravity system to a pressurized is the joints are not always up to it, and if the correct pressure relief valves and non re turn are not fitted then you are going to have problems.

The pump should have safety devices fitted in the tank so when the water level drops below a certain point the pump should cut out, this should also do this when there is not water flowing though it.

But if you think you can get away with not using the pump, then I would put it in the bin because if you keep having new tanks fitted to stop the leaks then you never know when it will do a lot of damage. but also to put your mind at rest you will have to have all pipe work and joints replaced so you know they don't leak and that is going to cost.

I am only giving my advice on what you tell me I would also advise you get

david123

Message Posted:
30/03/2009 00:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

continued..........

to look at what the plumber has been doing and to look at the situation they might tell you different.

Hope this helps.

David

david123

Message Posted:
30/03/2009 00:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Hi turbo,

Sorry the last bit is suppose to say,

I am only giving my advice on what you tell me, I would also advise you get a different plumber to look at what the other plumber has been doing and to look at the situation they might tell you different.

Thanks.

David

Turbo

Message Posted:
30/03/2009 07:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Thanks for the response, I will have a new plumber take a look when I am over in August, until then the gardener wil jsut have to keep turning the pump on and off, once the ground floor tank empties, it wont fill up until the pump is back on .

So complicated. :(

Thanks again.

turbo

gates

Message Posted:
30/03/2009 08:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

we can have a look & tell you what is wrong probly keeps using sAME KIND OF TANK http://www.braceybuilders.com

Turbo

Message Posted:
30/03/2009 09:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Gates, you have mail..

Turbo

Message Posted:
30/03/2009 20:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

David, thats the idea, as soon as I get back will have someone else check it out.

message 5. hit it on the nose.

thanks again.

david123

Message Posted:
30/03/2009 22:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Hi Turbo,

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Thanks.

David.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.