North Cyprus Tourist Board - Buying On The Internet from Abroad
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Buying On The Internet from Abroad

Buying On The Internet from Abroad

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

stellasstar1

Message Posted:
29/03/2009 16:28

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Hi, Can you buy anything and have it sent here from abroad, and why does the post office in Girne send somethings to go in my P.O. Box in Lapta and yet send me into Girne to open others in front of customs. Sometimes they are the same things.!

Denise

Message Posted:
29/03/2009 16:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

you can buy almost anything but some things will attract a duty. not everything will go to customs it is random depending on the items. if it doesn't attract a duty some may pass right through some may go via customs. just like at the airport when they search luggage, some will pass through and some will be randomly checked. on speaking to customs it is mainly food suppliments that won't be allowed through so check with them before hand if you want to bring something out of the ordinary.but i ordered something from pharmacy2u in the uk and it never arrived although it was sent registered post. they sent another which also never arrived and then refunded me. the first parcel never left the uk it was confirmed although royal mail could offer no explanation! the 2nd eventually turned up after an alternative solution so i just sent it back. the 1st probably marked 'embargoed country do not post'! and then disappeared into that big black hole!

dozza67

Message Posted:
29/03/2009 16:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

I order supplements and face/body lotions a regular basis from Helthspan in Guernsey. Have done for over 4 years now and it always arrives and I never have to pay customs. Post is just £2

canyavuz

Message Posted:
29/03/2009 18:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

as long as you use the postal code "MERSIN 10, TURKEY" at the end of your TRNC address, yo can receive anything.

Donot write TRNC, or Northern Cyprus, because all TRNC post comes via Turkey...so has to be labelled as "MERSIN 10 TURKEY".

kaiserphil

Message Posted:
29/03/2009 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Can, that is a little naive. I'm sure the vast majority of people use the correct address, but mountains of mail never arrive.

Yes, you CAN receive anything, but probably will not.

maningi pusa

Message Posted:
29/03/2009 22:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Used to buy lots of things on ebay (mainly philatelic covers) but gave up after non arrival in TRNC. If I buy anything now I get it sent to uk address and wait for someone to bring it out.

canyavuz

Message Posted:
30/03/2009 00:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

kaiserphil,

dont nieve at all. I have received all of my parcels and letters from the UK, no problems at all. Comes to the local office, i pick it up, and live happily ever after.

Unless your waiting to receive £1,000 worth of gold, which is most likely to "get lost"!

canyavuz

Message Posted:
30/03/2009 00:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

*not nieve

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.