North Cyprus Tourist Board - Turkish school
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Turkish school

Turkish school

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Schools Posts

jacko

Message Posted:
29/01/2008 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Hi All

Im moving to Karsiyaka and my daughter has decided that she would like her 5 year old son to go to state school as after all the local children seem well educated and go on to further education. So in our opinion they must be doing something right. However im really stuck does any one on the forum know where the nearest school is to us and have details?.

Jacko

jacko

Message Posted:
30/01/2008 11:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

UkTurk did you notice i grovelled ??? so pretty please help this inquisitive person out on this!!!!!!! lol

jacko

livethedream

Message Posted:
30/01/2008 11:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

jacko - don't know where ukturk is but I've looked in the local directory and cannot find a school in Karsıyaka - the nearest ones listed are in Lapta - Lapta Primary School 821 8304 and Alsancak - Alsancak Primary School 821 8369.

Hope this helps.

livethedream

jacko

Message Posted:
30/01/2008 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Hi livethedream

I saw this one too but cant seem to find much info on the web about the schools or even an email address do you know what age the child starts from at these? Many thanks for responding and the phone numbers

jacko

ukturk

Message Posted:
30/01/2008 12:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

hi jacko

i noticed you had groveled, i dont like to see a grown women grovel!!!! lol

anyway i was researching this for you last night could not find nothing,

i do know there is a state school as soon as you get in to karsiyaka on the left right behind the main road next to the new develoment of bungalows they are building, what ill try and do for you is speak to my mate who lives near there to find out a number or email for you

regards

ukturk

p.s you do know if you send your grandkid to state school you might need to provide them with a resi visa for him or at least a resi visa that you have got!!!

jacko

Message Posted:
30/01/2008 12:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Well hello ukturk so grovelling you dont like i must try kicking ar.. next time!!!!! lol Thanks for trying on this one i spoke to a turkish solicitor in London last week and apparently all i need to do is take a letter as you suggested get this notarized and apostille stamped and this should allow me to get a resi visa (unless he to is telling porkies) as it seems he too was 100% sure, heres me being proactive and no one is actually sure on this.

Does the state school require any medical records etc? Sorry UKTurk i know this question is dificult for you and is out of your comfort zone.....

jacko

ukturk

Message Posted:
30/01/2008 12:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

you see i do speak the truth and you cant put a figure on the info i provide!!!! lol belive you me he is not telling porkies ive helped people here in turkey with the same situation as yours and this has worked (they have very simalar milla eitem) education system

i told you i havent got a comfort zone!!!! lol

i dont shy away from any questions thrown at me!!!!! lol

ok firstly yes get full latest medical reports like m.m.r even heppatitis

secondly make sure you got their full birth cert not the small one

thirdly bring out all or any school reports they might have

hope this helps

ukturk

ukturk

Message Posted:
30/01/2008 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

p.s the third thing i said about the reports is needed because this decides what year or level the child will be entered into and most of the time they will start a year back from the actual year or age they should be in, also if they do attend state school make sure you get a private teacher to teach them a bit of turkish before they enter so they are not tottaly dumbfounded and also because state school does not really teach englsıh in their first years i would say hire a private teacher maybe a couple of night's a week to brush them up on english

jacko

Message Posted:
30/01/2008 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

OKay Okay i now take it all back and will continue to sing your praises to others ... hey everyone UKTURK IS THE MAN!! hows that??? now you do realise there will be others like me out there... gosh the thought lol!!

If you could make an enquiry to your mate for me about this school and starting age etc i would be grateful! You mention heppatitis im not sure if the UK do this jab i may be wrong is this required?? And thank you for all the rest of the info..

jacko

jacko

Message Posted:
30/01/2008 13:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

When i say do this jab i meant as part of a childs immunisation programme young mums out there can you help on this one

jacko

ukturk

Message Posted:
30/01/2008 13:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

hi jacko

the saying is all together now 'if anyone can erkan can' LOL LOL

the hapatitis jab is not a mantory jab for children in the u.k

but you can get this done in cyprus at the state hospital, but only get this done if they do ask you, you also might need a urine sample aswell

these are worst case situations like i said ive helped a lot of people with their kids to join state school here in turkey some ask for it some dont totally depends on the school

i do know that they do take kids in from the age of 5-6 at state school, so you should have no worries

and yes ill try and speak to my mate asap for you and if he is not too busy ill get him to find out for you

regards

ukturk

jacko

Message Posted:
30/01/2008 13:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Thanks Erkan my man!!!! for sound advice i reckon i should have you on a piece of string for a couple of days to get all the bits and pieces sorted when i get there lol!!

jacko

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.