North Cyprus Tourist Board - Residency
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Residency

Residency

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

supergran

Message Posted:
24/03/2007 17:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Hi, can anyone tell me what the rules are around the 3 months' visa? How long do you have to leave TRNC for before returning again? Is it acceptable to go to Turkey and then re-enter TRNC, after whatever period of time you have to stay away for?

We are looking to move to TRNC next year, and want to apply for Temporary and then possible Permanent residency - I think you have to wait 5 years before you can do this, but I would also like to understand the 3 month visa requirements, if anyone knows. I understand that going across to the South does not count.

Thanks in advance

ttoli

Message Posted:
24/03/2007 21:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

From my understanding you only need to be out of the TRNC overnight to qualify BUT i understand that now they are clamping down on this.

BRABBS

Message Posted:
05/02/2008 16:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Hi, I do hope I`m posting this in the right page, we have done all the necessary requirements to get our residency, everything going well until the blood reslts came through, mine fine, hubbys not so good waiting on more tests and results. I am still going ahead with mine, what we would like to know, because of all the delay will he be able to keep going through the border and getting the 90 day visa, which we have just done, or does he actually have to get his passport stamped officially. Appreciate any advice.

Milou

Message Posted:
07/02/2008 13:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Hi

The TRNC has an office in London which may be able to help you:

Office of the London Representative Turksih Republic of North Cyprus.

Telephone: 0207 631 1920

I have phoned them about import of car and shipping goods and really found them knowledgeable and helpful.

Good luck.

Milou

Message Posted:
07/02/2008 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Hi Again,Sorry, I forgot to give you their website:

http://e-kktc.com/index.php?men=305&submen=0

Regards

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
07/02/2008 16:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

You have to have 5 years worth of Temporary residencies before you can apply for a Permanent Residency. Temporary Residencies are coming through quite quick now and should only really take about 2 - 3 weeks max. This being the case you shouldn't really need to worry about having to leave the Island to get an exit stamp on your passport.

Gone are the days when you had to queue from 4am to get a slot. They've got their act together and its only the very first one that takes the time. For every annual renewal its really straightforward.

Karen

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.