North Cyprus Tourist Board - Residency Rules: Are they the same for everyone?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Residency Rules: Are they the same for everyone?

Residency Rules: Are they the same for everyone?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about Residence Permits

» Read about Work Permits

southgate

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 02:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

This may sound a bit silly, but was wondering wether the same rules apply to me regarding residency visas etc because I am married to a cypriot? Do I need to have blood tests, proof of income, work visas etc.

Denise

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 16:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

if you are married to a cypriot then you are entitled to apply for the kimlik card but i think you have to be married 1 year befor you can apply, but they may have increased that now you'll have to find out. in the meantime you can apply for the right to stay. it entails you getting a blood test and various documents and going to the immigration dept at the police station. only open till 12.30 mon-fri i believe. once they have eveything they need they will send it off to the Lefkoşa gov building and you'll need to wait about 3 weeks or more before going to collect your pink card that will be fixed in your passport a fee will apply i think 178tl for the year. but this only gives you the right to stay, if you want to work you need to follow the rules as everyone else for a work permit until you can be issued with your kimlik card. hope this helps. good luck

southgate

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 16:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Thanks Denise this is very helpful, my husband makes his own rules up when it comes to these things!!

Do you know if the same thing applies for my daughter? Shes eight years old and shes from my previous marriage.

Denise

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 17:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

i'm really not sure but i would imagine it should be ok. if you go to the police immigration i'm sure they will be able to tell you everything you need and everything you need to know. a word of warning though, when you do apply for the kimlik it can take ages. i know someone who is waiting over a year! in the meantime you have to carry on getting the pink card or work permits. good luck

southgate

Message Posted:
03/04/2009 21:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Thanx Denise ur a star!

fire starter

Message Posted:
04/04/2009 09:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

i met some english cypriots at the hospital when we were having our blood tests done . their kids were having to have theirs done.

i think the best thing to do would be to ask the trnc office in london for the exact requirements.

good luck.

southgate

Message Posted:
04/04/2009 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Thanks for the info. Is the TRNC office in Bedford Square?

juliachcc

Message Posted:
17/04/2009 20:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Hi there everyone

Just a couple of questions:

What is the total cost for residency? Can you still have your British passport?

What are the benefits of residency?

What is the alternative to residency - stay for the 3 months and renew - but how expensive is this to do? Are we talking nipping over to ROC or taking a ferry to Turkey to get your passport stamped? Hould you do this indefinantly?

All info will be greatly appreciated - this really is quite a grey area for me!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.