North Cyprus Tourist Board - Tv satellite hacking
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Tv satellite hacking

Tv satellite hacking

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

Ste65

Message Posted:
07/04/2009 17:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 37 in Discussion

All of these companies in TRNC offering blag tv packages using hacked keys for all the pay per view channels are just doing what millions of people/satellite nerds have been doing for years all over the world.

There are loads of places/forums on the net where you can get all the latest keys/hacks for free.

The dreambox 500+ is only £80 to buy in the uk.

Another case of "knowledge is the key"

I know even if you haven't got an Internet connection you can download the updated keys/hacks elsewhere then update your dreambox easily with a USB pen or something similar.

spud1

Message Posted:
07/04/2009 17:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 37 in Discussion

hi ste65. what is a dreambox 500. spud1

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
07/04/2009 17:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 37 in Discussion

Dear Ste65, re msg 1

"All of these companies in TRNC offering blag tv packages using hacked keys for all the pay per view channels are just doing what millions of people/satellite nerds have been doing for years all over the world. "

So what you are saying is, it's ok to steal because everyone else is doing it ?!

The Companies that are card sharing / or hacking the codes will find it harder as the pay tv cos HAVE to beef up their security of they might as well pack up broadcasting.

*I'M* saying that THIS year will be remembered as a year when the tv sub card pirates got bit...

croft

Message Posted:
07/04/2009 18:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 37 in Discussion

If everyone pirates content, the only significant revenue left for broadcasters with be the adverts and premium rate phone-ins.

Take a look at American TV if you want to know what happens when an increasing number of channels chases a diminishing pool of advertising revenue. Every other programme is a repeat and they even put ad breaks before and after the credits at the end of a film.

What will be the point of having High Definition, surround sound and a 97-in plasma if the only things on aren't worth watching?

Ste65

Message Posted:
07/04/2009 19:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 37 in Discussion

Hello,

I'm not saying it's ok to steal. What I am saying is that for people who want to go down the route of hacking all the keys/hacks are available on the net free of charge.

Why pay upto £200 a year to people over there when all you need is available on the net.

In fact the people in TRNC are not even selling original Dreambox 500S as they dont make them now. What they are selling is fake clones.

Best box to go for is the Dreambox 600 PVR ( this model allows you to record programmes just like a Sky+ box) and they are on sale in the UK for £150 tops.

All they keys and hacks are all over the net.

What I am saying is if you want to go down that route of blagging just DIY as it is easy and much much cheaper. Plenty of guides on exactly how to do it as well on the net.

MMMMMMM also, don't hate the player, hate the game !!!

Washerman

Message Posted:
07/04/2009 21:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 37 in Discussion

Listen to mmmmmm when he says that this is the end game

There are many people, mmmmmm and myself included, that could offer this service, but for ethical reasons, we do not.

Imagine having a few hundred people ringing you with no TV (that they have paid for)

"tops" and "blagging" - Arthur Daley lingo!

Washerman

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
07/04/2009 21:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 37 in Discussion

Dear Ste65, re msg 47

Just in case you missed it - I earnt my living from pay tv.. as a "game keeper" - I know what's coming - and the likes of SKY has just started issuing new pay TV cards to screw up the market for the hackers and sharers.. their dream boxes and the clones..

First they are selling HD boxes for £49 in the UK - has to be plugged in a UK phone line - and the menu system and functionality is streets ahead of any other receiver.

Why have an inferior clone when the original is better and less ;) ?

Ste65

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 00:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 37 in Discussion

It really surprises me when preachers like you 2 keep banging on about how nobody should do this and nobody should do that.

Until these systems are completely un-hackable people will continue to get around the encryption. Also even if something new encryption wise is brought out the nerds out there will probably crack it.

Plus in TRNC no copyright laws seem to be enforced as you can see from all the blag DVD shops.

In TRNC unless you have a massive 4.2m dish you only really have Digiturk which is OK but not really offering the kind of channels the Brits want.

I'm not making judgements here but all I was saying was for people who are looking at Dreambox/hacked systems then you can get it set up for a lot less than £600 !!! More like £300 at the most and with a bit of knowledge you dont need to be paying anything a £175 - £200 per year on top as most of the keys/hacks are free on the net.

Just trying to help the ex-pat community, that's my only reason for starting this post

Ste65

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 00:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 37 in Discussion

Also I agree that if there was good content at a good price then it would be better to pay for a decent service but to be honest who wants Jodrell Bank in their garden ???? Plus the dish alone is £2500 !!! Then youve got Sky's rip off subscription. Since that Rupert Murdoch took over he is crucifying everyone and making colossal profits. All the sports are now split between Sky1, Sky2 and Setanta so in order to get all the premier league games you are looking at paying about £60 a month for your Sky package !!!! Is that good value????? I don't think so.

If these bandits made things more affordable people wouldnt look elsewhere. Also pubs in the UK are now paying upto £20,000 a year to show live sky sports, that has gone up 3 fold almost in the last 5 years !!!!!

Murdoch is too greedy. Sky used to be quite affordable but now its just way too expensive for most subcribers.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 01:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 37 in Discussion

Ste65

Thanks, you have just put it all in perspective.

AJ

croft

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 02:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 37 in Discussion

Hey, Ste65, assuming that I'm the other one of the 'you 2', I wasn't particularly going for the moral high ground.

But there is a practical consequence when too many people get pay TV for free. Either the quality of the service has to go down, or the price to the legitimate subscriber base has to remain artificially high. It's the same as if half the people who use the bus never pay the fare.

That isn't any kind of slight on you - it's pure economics.

A lot of my friends argue that they wouldn't torrent films if DVDs were cheaper. What they tend to forget is that is that programme-making is a high investment, high risk business. That means a lot of loss-makers along the line.

The current economic climate means cheaper/safer/duller is what most TV viewers can expect, unless they're prepared to pay a premium. Pay TV and Hollywood will use increasingly heavy-duty encription to protect their investment.

Wait a year and see what I mean. Even Blu-ray discs have a protection 'time bom

erolz

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 03:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 37 in Discussion

DRM (digital rights management) is the product of an analog mindset applied to a digital world. A phenomenom Marshal Macluhan descibes as driving into the future using the rear view mirror.

If half the people using the bus are only using it because they can get away with not paying and if they could not get away with it would not pay or use the bus, then it makes no difference to the economics of providing the bus service.

DRM does not work. At the simplest level if I can see it with my eyes and hear it with my ears I can make digital copies and distribute it. It does not matter how 'sophisticated' the DRM system is.

Copyright 'theft' does not kill industries. The games industry has lived with 'illegal copying' since its inception and yet still has grown from nothing to being bigger than hollywood in a mere 30 years or so. What may kill indistries is trying to maintain control of content that was possible in an analog world in one gone digital.

Ste65

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 13:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 37 in Discussion

I'm not saying use Dopi, I'm saying don't use Dopi and all the rest as what they are charging for is free if you want to go down that route.

mmmmmm I can se why you are so passionate about this, fact is people will not pay anything if they can get away with it so your business probably failed as the willing to pay market wasnt there for your product.

I don't care about how much revenue these companies are losing, most of them have made billions over the years. The digital age is here and its virtually impossible to stop the blaggers. As soon as the companies introduce new encryption its generally hacked within a week.

Sky seem to have a good encryption, I don't know why theirs is harder to out smart.

Anyway, I'm not having a go at anybody on the forum here. I was just saying that a lot of the companies charging top dollar over there for something that involves downloading a free 6mb key list every now and then off various websites.

Ste65

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 13:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 37 in Discussion

Yeh free free free.

I'm not getting into an arguement with you mmmmmm

I've said what I wanted to say and that's all folks

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 14:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 37 in Discussion

I'm getting confused here.

Is it 'legal' to buy, pay subs and install a Sky HD box to a UK address and then access that service via a dish in Cyprus, Spain, or anywhere else away from the UK?

I'd presumed that the contract you enter with Sky would be only for UK use due to contractual obligations that you sign when you subscribe.

Has anyone got a UK Sky contract they could refer to?

Ste65

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 14:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 37 in Discussion

No it's ILLEGAL to have sky anywhere other than your UK address.

Sky is supposed to be for UK residents only. Even though they turn a blind eye to the copyright infringements as long as they are getting paid they don't seem to enforce it too vigorously.

Sky lack moral fibre too so it seems.

ROBnJO

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 14:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 37 in Discussion

But I thought Mark had been advocating the 'UK based Box & Foreign dish' approach.

So that's illegal as well.

Hmmmmmmm!

erolz

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 14:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 37 in Discussion

MM I understand your frustration. My point is really about DRM in a digital world and how it seeks to apply old analog world levels of control and restriction in a digital world where they no longer exist and how such is a mindset of forcing old world menatlites on a new world and as such is doomed to fail. Content creators, the ones that will be sucsessful in the next 100 years will be the ones that embrace the new world realites, not the ones that seek to unaturally impose old worlds rules in the new world.

In analogy terms DRM legislation is like the owners of cannals in the early 19th centuary seeing the new technology of the steam train and trying to get legislation saying that railways should be restricted to being laid along the side of canals to pull barges which will carry the freight and customers.

Re your service in Russia. If card sharing was not possible are you sure there were enough customers willing to pay to make it profitable ?

Ste65

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 16:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 37 in Discussion

Erolz,

Exactly my point

Couldn't have put it better myself

TheSaints

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 16:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 37 in Discussion

Must admit, where we have the house in Tatarstan, Russia, I know lots of people with dishes and boxes but they would laugh if you asked them how much they pay in monthly subs, when I wanted TV that I could understand it was done the next day a dish up, box installed cheap as chips and no monthly fees, the same when we lived in Kyrgyzstan and Almaty (Former Soviet Union).

I can appreciate what Marks company was up against and to tell you the truth it was so difficult to find a straight company in these places I gave up and just done it the same way as the locals, free TV. Everyone was/is at it even the so called professional retailers.

Washerman

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 18:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 37 in Discussion

Ste65.......yes, let's get everything for free, including what you sell or, once sold to earn a living or, the product that the company sold that paid your wages then, when you get laid off, you will then, understand the worse thing that can happen!

RipToff

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 19:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 37 in Discussion

Is it legal or illegal to watch/supply TV via your internet connection?

e.g. - Buy a UK IP address and use a proxy setting to make the BBC, Sky.... geographical location software think the people watching iPlayer, 4oD etc..are in the UK?

Would it be legal to charge end users for this service?

or is this just another avenue for the pirates to make money???

Ste65

Message Posted:
08/04/2009 23:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 37 in Discussion

I used to own a chain of video and DVD hire shops in the uk from 1991 onwards. Closed them in 2006 due to piracy and people downloading. I had a phylosophical approach to this which was no matter how much I told people they were naughty it made no difference.

You can't stop people hacking/cracking/blagging/ripping/fiddling/scamming.

It seems to be the national sport.

croft

Message Posted:
09/04/2009 03:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 37 in Discussion

Erolz, Ste65, I'm sure you're both nice people but you have the self-justifying logic of guys that think software theft is a victimless crime. Actually it isn't. It's just that it's never been *your* money, so it all seems a bit academic to you.

Let's take this one: "If half the people using the bus are only using it because they can get away with not paying... it makes no difference to the economics of providing the bus service."

No Erolz, the point is that everyone on the bus wanted the service, so if they had to pay, they would pay. If half the people don't pay, the company would be losing 50% of its revenue and will go bust.

It's the same with any service and that includes TV broadcasting. (And please don't come out with the "they make millions so it won't hurt" argument unless you're prepared to donate your money when channels are lose millions.)

For your sakes, I hope you guys never get to run companies because you'll soon find out how much damage the 'free' mentality can do

erolz

Message Posted:
09/04/2009 04:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 37 in Discussion

Croft you are missing my point, probably because I am not explaining it very well. Oh and for the record I have worked in software both business and games industries.

The bus thing is just making the point that not every stolen copy of software or content is actually lost revenue to the owner. Only those stolen copies that would have resulted in a sale if there was no ability to steal it existed are lost revenue. The content industries will count every stolen copy and add that up and say piracy cost us x dollars. The fact is the real cost is much less than x.

Let me make it clear. I think the people who produce content should be able to make money from that production. The point I am trying to make is that the historic control that industies used to have has fundamentaly changed. Trying to reimpose it with legislation and DRM will only fail. This point is not about morailty it is just about reality.

[cont]

erolz

Message Posted:
09/04/2009 05:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 37 in Discussion

I am not saying piracy is good or ok. I am saying that companies trying to impose old analog world controls, that were a function of the analog world, in a new digital world is pointless and bound to fail ultimately.

Record companies used to have effective control of distribution of music. In the analog world this made them so powerful they ended up owning the music. In the analog world if I had a record and I gave it to you I no longer had the record myself. The digital world blows all these realities away. Now anyone with a net conection can distribute music as effectively as the biggest music company. If I have a mp3 of a song I can give it to you and still keep the song myself. That's the reality of the new world order. Trying to make this new world order confrom to the old one by legislation and DRM will just not work. What the record companies and more importantly the music producers need to do is evolve

[cont]

erolz

Message Posted:
09/04/2009 05:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 37 in Discussion

and accept the new world realites and build new business based on new models.

My argument, as far as I have one, is not that we should pirate anything we can as much as we can and sod the consequences. My argument is that trying to impose old models in a changed world to protect historic interests is fundamentaly pointless. Inevitably old world vested interests will try and just as inevitably they will fail. DRM on music is not about protecting the people who produce music. It is about protecting the people who used to have a monopoly on distributing it and through that controlling it.

I dislike DRM not because I like to steal. I dislike it because it it limits my ability to take advatage of the valid power of a digital world. I have bought and paid for blue ray movies for example. The first thing I do with these is strip them of their DRM and make a copy to my hard drive. I do this not so I can go and sell copies at car boots sales

[cont]

erolz

Message Posted:
09/04/2009 05:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 37 in Discussion

I do it because when I want to watch a movie I dont want to faff around with physical lumps of plastic. I want to be able to double click on a file anywhere on my home network and have the movie play, in whichever room in the house I am in. This is the functionality the digital world allows and the content owners seek to deny me of this functionality and that is frustrating. The putting on of DRM does not stop piracy. Every DVD or Blue Ray disc I own I could have downloaded the same content for free. This is what is so pointless about the DRM. It does not stop piracy but it does mean I have to go around stripping off the pointless DRM in order to be able to use the content in the way I want to use it - and I PAID for that content. If a companies were to not put the DRM on movies I would would by MORE not less.

For the record my PC is running a paid for version of Windows, though I am more than capable of running a stolen version, my sat TV is

[cont]

erolz

Message Posted:
09/04/2009 05:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 37 in Discussion

paid for digiturk, though I am more than capable of 'hacking' pay tv cards. The computer game I am playing currently is a vaild licsensed paid for copy, though I had to jump through hoops to be able to buy it online (using a VPN service to make it appear I was in the UK), when it would have been easier and cheaper to buy a hacked version in the local net cafe. I have bought and paid for music CDs , dvds and blu Rays disk.

I also have 'stolen' music, 'stolen' software and 'stolen' video content.

The more the content owners try and load on layers and layers of complication that gets in my way of buying and enjoying their content the less likely I am to buy it and the more likely I am to steal it. That is my point.

croft

Message Posted:
09/04/2009 16:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 37 in Discussion

Erolz. Thank you for taking so much trouble in explaining your point in full. Now that I understand exactly your point, I have to say I totally agree with you. It's very frustrating to have legitimate usage inhibited, as it means the customer is being penalised for buying instead of stealing.

I have exactly the same bee in my bonnet about HDMI, because it makes multi-room Blu-ray installations a nightmare but mainly 'protects' content that is available to torrent all over the web.

My apologies for misconstruing your POV to the extent that you spent 50 mins putting me right (judging by the times on your posts).

nickdavidson

Message Posted:
18/04/2009 12:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 37 in Discussion

Hello mark smyth or mmmmmm, you have been writing on this and other forum boards for a long time now speaking of the so called illegal goings on in the TRNC, and your obvious dislike for anyone connected with living/working in the North.

Your latest verbal rampage is to put doubt in everyone’s mind, who, has purchased a satellite system in the TRNC saying the signal will cease in the near future. It occurred to me and others that you must have some ulterior motive to forcefully say such things, with this in mind i have made some enquiries about you and oh yes it makes some interesting reading! It is now plainly clear why you are trying to discredit any company in the North making their business from selling a satellite system.

nickdavidson

Message Posted:
18/04/2009 12:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 37 in Discussion

Are you so different to the companies that you wish to demonise so much in the TRNC? NO! In fact remember we in the TRNC are not recognised by the world and have no law stating we cannot earn a living from such a business. You, on the other hand are in the EU and do have laws to follow and obviously are infringing them. You say Sky do not care as long as they get their monthly payment, well I beg to differ and I am sure they would be very interested in hearing about your scam. You endlessly spread gossip to ruin TRNC satellite co. chances to make a living from their business, well i say to you “where are your morals?” you slag off anyone and everyone who you find a threat but alas you are much worse, a vindictive sad person.

nickdavidson

Message Posted:
18/04/2009 12:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 37 in Discussion

Your own business in Limassol in the south sells Sky systems, ok no problems with that, but the illegal way of obtaining these systems is! You are registering the systems and cards to UK addresses then transporting them to the south and selling them on at extremely inflated prices, as much as 300% profit!! i have also found that you have a source for selling these systems in the North, maybe now people will understand why you go to such lengths to discredit dopi tv or others business here, so you can also sell your systems this way in the trnc, remember the side you hate so much.

Why do you explain “There is nothing illegal about this scheme”, then a few lines later say “Sky will be legally obliged to terminate your contract if you reveal you are not in the UK” Oh yes and your GOLDEN RULE as you call it “you cannot say you are NOT living in the UK”.

nickdavidson

Message Posted:
18/04/2009 12:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 37 in Discussion

Saying digiturk and other companies have had meetings to combat our business is a gross untruth, i have good friends within these companies and they have told us NO meetings have taken place (its impossible), more scaremongering and lies to try to line your own pockets with euros!

Your business must be very slow as you seem to be endlessly on these forums, over 1775 messages from you alone on cyprus44! Is it that you are receiving payments from certain companies and establishments in the south, so you can spread your venom against the TRNC!

As for you people who believe this mans lies, why don’t you go to the satellite companies and ask your questions and talk to them. They have invested millions of Turkish lira over recent years and they are still investing , they have the technology to bring you the most complete tv coverage on offer anywhere in the world at a respectable price.

jock1

Message Posted:
18/04/2009 12:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 37 in Discussion

Get it off your chest nick.................

spud1

Message Posted:
18/04/2009 13:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 37 in Discussion

well said nick. lets now see if he has any bottle to reply. spud1

Littlenige

Message Posted:
18/04/2009 14:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 37 in Discussion

so glad they are on your back mark .........................keep it up please they are leaving me alone

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.