North Cyprus Tourist Board - Stop slagging off satellite systems!
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Stop slagging off satellite systems!

Stop slagging off satellite systems!

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Television (TV) and Satellite threads posted so far

stanley1

Message Posted:
10/04/2009 20:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 26 in Discussion

Would just like to say i have had DOPI for a long time now with no problems and many friends are happy with it.This company has been running for four years now and has an excellent record for sales and after service. As for all the scaremongering ref legallity (you know who you are)for christ sake we choose to live in an ILLEGAL country(maybe you should go back to the LEGAL country you came from)!!Suppose you never buy a copy dvd from here eh cause they are ILLEGAL!!Yer right!!However they get around these copyright laws who the hell cares,they have done it for the last 4 years so why will it be different this year.They give a great service for a good price and i for one and many others are happy with it.It seems to me certain people are taking this personally,but does that give them the right to damage the DOPI name(and others)!!!You must have something better to do on these lovely sunny days,GET A LIFE!!!And let others get on with theirs!

rowlo

Message Posted:
10/04/2009 20:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 26 in Discussion

hi stan its only 6xm that will tell you youre doing wrong , and he knows everything, just enjoy and dont read his shxt , hes got no vested interest in the north whatsoever , he gets his kicks from winding people up , ignore him .

catalkoykid

Message Posted:
11/04/2009 06:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 26 in Discussion

not often i agree with you mmmmmmmmm,but you are right, all these pirate lot dont care they have had your money for a year.

wackyjim

Message Posted:
11/04/2009 09:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 26 in Discussion

Much to the disgust of all the "experts" on this forum 6xm knows all there is to know about whats going on in the broadcasting world. It just seems that everyone likes to stone him to death because of the misconception that he is a GC sympathiser....HE ISN'T.. he does not recognise the TRNC regime but he passionately supports the rights of all Cypriot people... nothing wrong with that and yes I don't agree with a lot of his opinions because it would be hypocritical of me to do so but I do hugely admire his balls in standing his ground on the issues he believes in..after all its what should make the basis of a good forum.

Anyway back to the thread...you make your choice you pay your money you take your chance.

Jim

simbas

Message Posted:
11/04/2009 09:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 26 in Discussion

ooooooooooh George , you'll do for me !

wackyjim

Message Posted:
11/04/2009 10:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 26 in Discussion

Now I've gone all weak at the knees

Tiggy

Message Posted:
11/04/2009 10:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 26 in Discussion

George.........you can admire his balls....I'm just going to admire his picture!

When we had our place in Lanzarote we saw first hand how many came unstuck getting pirate/illegal TV set up. ends up being out of pocket and no reception. more to life than TV. mmmmmm, knows his stuff on this one.

RipToff

Message Posted:
11/04/2009 10:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 26 in Discussion

I agree with mmmmmm.

There is only 3 things in this life that I really hate.

Liars, Cheats and Thief's. Unfortunately, the TRNC is full of them.

Sad but true.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
11/04/2009 10:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 26 in Discussion

yea 19 litr bottle of water cost 3.5 tl sold by the glass for 1tl at a local bar Never again !!

elko2

Message Posted:
12/04/2009 11:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 26 in Discussion

Have a look at this:

http://www.famagusta-gazette.com/default.asp?sourceid=&smenu=69&twindow=Default&mad=No&sdetail=8349&wpage=1&skeyword=&sidate=&ccat=&ccatm=&restate=&restatus=&reoption=&retype=&repmin=&repmax=&rebed=&rebath=&subname=&pform=&sc=2350&hn=famagusta-gazette&he=.com

So the chicken are coming home to roost

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
12/04/2009 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 26 in Discussion

Hi Izzzie, re msg 12

You really must visit http://www.tinyurl.com

your long url becomes

http://tinyurl.com/dcpg5u

;)

Seriously, thanks for the update...interesting to note that politicians were on the list .. TYPICAL !

I hope they are fined as an example.... Ha - fat chance...

ataturk

Message Posted:
12/04/2009 19:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 26 in Discussion

If and when it happens it will only be a matter of time till they find another way cos they always do. I was watching Nova, Sky, Sky italia and am now watching the match Galatasaray V Fener live on digiturk all for £20 a month. Until they cut me off I will do it my way.

kellybelly

Message Posted:
12/04/2009 23:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 26 in Discussion

MMMMMMM,even though your a plonker i still want you to buy me a pint ,i am in NC from 21st for 3 weeks.Any chance?

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
13/04/2009 17:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 26 in Discussion

Dear KB,

re msg 15

I'm not able to accept your kind offer as:

1/ you might BUY me the Beer - but unless you stop referring to me as a "plonker" you might end up WEARING it ! ;))

2/ Seriously, you offer sounds good, but I can't travel until me Missus is allowed to as well. She would need a VISA to come back to the UK and we are STILL waiting for her residency card.

Aussie

Message Posted:
14/04/2009 14:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 26 in Discussion

More on the Dreambox clampdown in the South

Dreambox subscribers waking nightmare

http://www.cyprus-mail.com/news/main.php?id=45165&cat_id=1

Sounds like they are getting very serious about enforcement and prosecutions etc.

Aussie

kellybelly

Message Posted:
16/04/2009 03:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 26 in Discussion

MSG,16 Mark another time maybe,and of course i can understand you not wanting to leave your missus.

PS shes much better looking than you,and obviously to good 4 u.

Regards Pete.

nickdavidson

Message Posted:
17/04/2009 19:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 26 in Discussion

Hello mark smyth or mmmmmm, you have been writing on this and other forum boards for a long time now speaking of the so called illegal goings on in the TRNC, and your obvious dislike for anyone connected with living/working in the North.

Your latest verbal rampage is to put doubt in everyone’s mind, who, has purchased a satellite system in the TRNC saying the signal will cease in the near future. It occurred to me and others that you must have some ulterior motive to forcefully say such things, with this in mind i have made some enquiries about you and oh yes it makes some interesting reading! It is now plainly clear why you are trying to discredit any company in the North making their business from selling a satellite system.

nickdavidson

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 26 in Discussion

Your own business in Limassol in the south sells Sky systems, ok no problems with that, but the illegal way of obtaining these systems is! You are registering the systems and cards to UK addresses then transporting them to the south and selling them on at extremely inflated prices, as much as 300% profit!! i have also found that you have a source for selling these systems in the North, maybe now people will understand why you go to such lengths to discredit dopi tv or others business here, so you can also sell your systems this way in the trnc, remember the side you hate so much.

Why do you explain “There is nothing illegal about this scheme”, then a few lines later say “Sky will be legally obliged to terminate your contract if you reveal you are not in the UK” Oh yes and your GOLDEN RULE as you call it “you cannot say you are NOT living in the UK”.

nickdavidson

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 26 in Discussion

Are you so different to the companies that you wish to demonise so much in the TRNC? NO! In fact remember we in the TRNC are not recognised by the world and have no law stating we cannot earn a living from such a business. You, on the other hand are in the EU and do have laws to follow and obviously are infringing them. You say Sky do not care as long as they get their monthly payment, well I beg to differ and I am sure they would be very interested in hearing about your scam. You endlessly spread gossip to ruin TRNC satellite co. chances to make a living from their business, well i say to you “where are your morals?” you slag off anyone and everyone who you find a threat but alas you are much worse, a vindictive sad person.

nickdavidson

Message Posted:

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 26 in Discussion

Saying digiturk and other companies have had meetings to combat our business is a gross untruth, i have good friends within these companies and they have told us NO meetings have taken place (its impossible), more scaremongering and lies to try to line your own pockets with euros!

Your business must be very slow as you seem to be endlessly on these forums, over 1775 messages from you alone on cyprus44! Is it that you are receiving payments from certain companies and establishments in the south, so you can spread your venom against the TRNC!

As for you people who believe this mans lies, why don’t you go to the satellite companies and ask your questions and talk to them. They have invested millions of Turkish lira over recent years and they are still investing , they have the technology to bring you the most complete tv coverage on offer anywhere in the world at a respectable price.

erolz

Message Posted:
17/04/2009 19:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 26 in Discussion

Recieving sky on a UK paid subscription when you are located outside of the UK is 'illegitimate'. However it is not the same kind of illegitimacy as 'card sharing' imo.

Card sharing deprives the providers of the service and the content of revenue. Using a UK sky subscription outside the UK does not.

I personaly make no moral judgments on those who provide or use either system. Both have some risk as to their long term viability and availability.

nickdavidson

Message Posted:
18/04/2009 12:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 26 in Discussion

Different people is using different english satellite systems in TRNC. I'm one of them, using Dopi TV last 3 years. I'm very happy with them and will carry on to be their customer.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
18/04/2009 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 26 in Discussion

re msg 24

BTW.. if you - or any one else is STILL doubting what I say - re my connections re pay tv and piracy - incl Digiturk..

here's a link to a pay tv conference - where I attended to meet fellow pay guys at an anti piracy conference hosted by IRDETO ( subscription pay tv card systems) and Digiturk....

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=7644393@N07&q=irdeto&m=text

ataturk

Message Posted:
19/04/2009 12:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 26 in Discussion

The only people who are interested in card sharing in the trnc are digiturk as they have the power to stop it. As for the other companies they will not bother as we are unrecognised and they cant be botheres. They are making too much money anyway.

With regards to the PLASTIC POLICEMAN (mmmmmm) let him bang on about anti piracy. Once they change the system the hackers will only crack it again.

I dont know which channel to watch the fa cup semi final on today Sky Uk, Sky italia, Digiturk , Nova, Digialb, Showtime, Canal + so may choices so little time.

ataturk

Message Posted:
19/04/2009 13:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 26 in Discussion

Just a thought the plastic policeman has been on these forums for quite a while now mumbling on about anti piracy and how the card sharing companies are going to kop it.

It has occured to me that he knows the people who are doing it on this side for a long time, why has he not informed the relevant authorities to clamp down on them. These companies are not hiding there addresses or telephone numbers why is it they have not been prosecuted.

Very simple the plastic policeman has no clout on this side.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
19/04/2009 13:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 26 in Discussion

Dear Atatturk, re msg 27/8

Again you demonstrate how little you know....

Do you think "TRNC" has a dedicated satellite whereby Pirates send their signals ?!!

The whole point is no one has to do anything in the area of Cyprus under Turkish control.. It'll all happen from the satellite end.

Enjoy your choice.. and be sure to offer to pay monthly.. if you pay for a year - you are blowing your money.. I KNOW.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.