North Cyprus Tourist Board - builders wages
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > builders wages

builders wages

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

picks

Message Posted:
03/02/2008 16:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

I know this has been mentioned before but could someone please let me know what sort of money i could expect to get working in north cyprus in the building trade.Please say how much in weeks or months.Many thanks for your time

gentle

Message Posted:
04/02/2008 13:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

I know of a few british builders. Some charge £50 per day to do jobs. Others charge 150ytl a day it just depends. Turkish workers earn 50ytl a day.

ukturk

Message Posted:
04/02/2008 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

hi picks

it depends on many things, what trade are you in, are you going to look for work on site for a developer, are you going to undertake private work, are you only restricting yourself to the north

if you are aimimg to do private work for expats then you can charge upto £50-60 because you have to remember turkish cypriots who do private work can charge as small as 50ytl upto 150ytl again depending on what job you are doing

to tell you the truth dont even consider working for a developer on the north because you wont get paid a lot of money and also you will be working very long hours or maybe try and get into a property management company

the other alternative would be working for a foreign company in the south, i know a few people who do this and get paid quite good money

hope this helps

regards

ukturk

TUNALI I CON

Message Posted:
04/02/2008 14:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Hello friend.I think ı am the one to answer your question.I am constructor.My name is Ceyhun.It depends how much you are going to pay per person you worked.If ıt^'s constructıon site you can pay 35 stg per person.For master worker 41 stg.But ıf you worked for garden work you can pay 30 stg.So this price chancable to what you do.Hope this help you

ttoli

Message Posted:
04/02/2008 15:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

if you have recognised qualifications or certificates for the building trade, you'li get far better wages in the South(1 hour commute from Girne). work permits far cheaper and more straight forward to obtain.

picks

Message Posted:
05/02/2008 21:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

A really big thankyou to all who has helped me so far,i really do appreciate it,however i have one more to ask.How do i go about getting a work permit if i am planning to do private work ?There wont be an employer to get one for me so how do i go about it.Hope someone can help me again.Many thanks

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.