North Cyprus Tourist Board - Buying property in TRNC
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Buying property in TRNC

Buying property in TRNC

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» North Cyprus Property Development Reviews

» Property Buying Guide to North Cyprus

slippery

Message Posted:
29/03/2007 23:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 32 in Discussion

Hi All

We are hoping to buy property in the TRNC area, we have viewings with a company Troy Lake has anyone had any dealings with this company and are they ok.

We are looking to stay at riverside holiday village in alsancak whats it like

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
30/03/2007 20:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 32 in Discussion

We went through Donaghy & Beyler as we had connections with a lady there. Would definitely recommend them. Haven't stayed at ruverside holiday village - we stayed at The Colony hotel which was excellent.

eager

Message Posted:
30/03/2007 21:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 32 in Discussion

hi, slippery..never heard of troy lake but am going to trnc staying at riverside village 9th-23rd may to look at property. will be looking at property via ian smith estate agents and north cyprus international amongst others. good luck.

slippery

Message Posted:
31/03/2007 19:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 32 in Discussion

Earger thanks for your message will be most interested on your comments about northern cyprus international and riverside hotel after your return, and any other info you might think we would like to know as it is our first time going to the north enjoy tour trip

many thanx

slippery

Message Posted:
31/03/2007 19:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 32 in Discussion

Hi thank you for your message, looked at the site you dealt with and actually registered with the company, any tips you have in purchasing will be most appreciated

many thanks

steg63

Message Posted:
02/04/2007 00:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 32 in Discussion

Hi

A friend and myself stayed at Riverside apartments in November while loking for some property and we found it very good. There is a car hire place right next door to the complex and we found the location ideal for what we went there for. The one negetive side of our accomodation was that there was a bad sewage smell in our apartment but we dont know if this was just the one apartment or if others where the same. We are going back soon in May and will probally use the same apartments when we get there.

peppy

Message Posted:
02/04/2007 17:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 32 in Discussion

Hi,

We are talking to Troy Lke at the mom about a property in Famagusta.. Where is the yours?

Regards

flossie

Message Posted:
02/04/2007 17:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 32 in Discussion

We have stayed at the Riverside 3 times now and it is good basic accommodation. The food is not bad either. We are going out on 18th April and Riverside are picking us up from Larnaca at no extra cost. They even arranged the flights.

Regarding Farmagusta we found that prices for eating out etc were far less that in the Kyrenia area. You are near the Karpaz and the beaches are good.

flossie

sungoddess

Message Posted:
04/04/2007 12:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 32 in Discussion

Slippery, in case you haven't seen it yet, there is a new forum thread on the Riverside Apartments, with a review from someone who has just returned.

sarahlou

Message Posted:
10/04/2007 21:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 32 in Discussion

Having just purchased a property in TRNC we spent months researching and visiting the different areas. We looked at and seriously considered buying in the Famagusta region as prices are lower, however once we saw the northern part of the country (kyrenia/esentepe/catalkoy) we were totally captivated by its scenery and character, also Kyrenia town is a mass of restaurants, shops, taverna's etc... Bogaz, Salamis and Famagusta have a long way to go regarding development and half the restaurants/bars we saw wern't even open, this was only a couple of weeks ago.

We met with many agents and developers, some more professional than others but would wholeheartdly recommend North Cyprus International (www.northcyprusinternational.com ) not at all pushy and have excellent after sales support.

carcrazy

Message Posted:
18/04/2007 01:22

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 32 in Discussion

recently purchased a villa (just about finished being built).If anyone requires a good reliable builder look for signs OS-HA,so far i must be one of the lucky people as i have had no problems what so ever. The finish build is well above the standard i was told to expect.

young

Message Posted:
01/05/2007 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 32 in Discussion

Myself and my family have just returned from northern cyprus and we purchased 2 properties, my daughter bought a small apartment and my wife and I plan to retire in NC so we purchased a nice modest villa in Bellapais, a really lovely area. We bought through Abbey Estates, a really nice couple of girls that have been on the island for a very long time, they were both pleasant and very very helpful, I would reccommend them to anyone. They have a great list of properties and you should go and look at their website before making any decisions. It was the best move that we made! Also we have stayed at the riverside and they were great there, friendly and clean. Good luck in your search.

ttoli

Message Posted:
01/05/2007 18:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 32 in Discussion

i too have bought properties off of Stacey and Alex, cant recommend them enough http://www.abbeyestate.com

DarrenW

Message Posted:
01/05/2007 19:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 32 in Discussion

I am buying through North Cyprus International and have found them to be great , Sol in Cyprus and Jamie back in London both very helpful.

I have also used Anglo Cyprus Homes for a place in Bogaz and have had lots of problems with them, at one point they tried to extort another 2K out of me by refusing to hand over the appartment siting a late payment which was utter rubbish! Avoid Anglo like the plague, the director is a nasty piece of work!

Tiggy

Message Posted:
31/08/2007 15:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 32 in Discussion

My partner and I are buying a plot on the Troy Lake Othello II complex in the Bogas area.

From our meetings at two seperate Homes Abroad Exhibitions in London we found the Director of Sales/Marketing Mr Raif Hassan to be the most open and helpful of all the exhibitors we met (and we spoke to lots believe me)

We went on a weeks viewing holiday in May and after visiting the site on a guided tour, including several other unannounced visits we were able to see the developement stages from start to finish. The Villas are delightful and the finishing works are of a High standard. ( Im a Qualified carpenter & Joiner) We also visited several other sales companies sites, so we did not just buy without looking around. We are hoping to be in residence within the next 15 months.

The area is stunning and the beaches..........

pilgrim

Message Posted:
31/08/2007 15:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 32 in Discussion

Was going to buy from Troy Lake(esheger title), but veiwed and bought from New Villas Internatiional close by(pre74 Turkish title), but also no comparison in accomodation and quality for similar money. New Villas site virtually finished,

Troy Lake, many 'empty shells' and unmade roads.

Tiggy

Message Posted:
31/08/2007 16:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 32 in Discussion

Boy that was quick! 30 mins and a reply from a person that has viewed Troy Lake. Sitting here in a grey overcast London it would not suprise me if persons are bad mouthing companies for the sake of possibily promoting their own. As I said we are hoping on 15 Months for completion, a lot can happen in that time.

I would like to say hello to "Alice" of Northern Land who took us on a lovely day out to view some lovely properties in Kumyali & Baheler and is a credit to her company. We nearly gave up Othello II for one of theirs.

pilgrim

Message Posted:
31/08/2007 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 32 in Discussion

Apologies Tiggy veiwing was summer2006 perhaps theres been some activity since then only one person working when we veiwed, also veiwed Northern land this year nice properties, but a lot smaller plots with no included 10x5 pool,and less sqm than New Villas, mind you currently 25k cheaper.

However I'm sure you'll be delighted with the finished product.

Kind regards

p

Grahamhooley

Message Posted:
02/09/2007 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 32 in Discussion

Hello to everyone buying property in North Cyprus good luck, we purchased here three years ago and love it.

We run a surveying business here in North Cyprus,we would advise that you view our website prior to purchasing, just for complete peace of mind.

http://www.sudburypropertyservices.com

We offer a full range of surveys if you are buying a resale property and if you are buying off plan, we offer a construction monitoring service.

We hope we can help and look forward to hearng from you in due course

Graham Hooley

0090 533 842 9842

Tiggy

Message Posted:
04/09/2007 15:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 32 in Discussion

Hello Pilgrim,

Apology accepted and all forgotten. When we visited in May the site was up and running. Has had a few problems and was a little behind, things seem to be moving on well now. Most sites are now sold and we have been given a free stay in a finished Villa next spring for up to two weeks so we can see how things are progressing and tour more of the fantastic area.

what is the web site details of New Villas so we can have a look? Sounds nice.

Thanks for the reply and nice words.

Respect!

Patrick

pilgrim

Message Posted:
04/09/2007 22:10

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 32 in Discussion

Hi Patrick,

Our villa is within site of yours accross the fields to the south of you,perhaps we can offer you a drink if our visits coinside in spring.

New Villas -www.newvillas-int.com

regards

paul

Emre161104

Message Posted:
26/11/2007 15:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 32 in Discussion

Hi i noticed that you were going to view properties with a company by the name of troylake. I am doing an inspection trip with this company in the next couple of weeks. If you have managed to view with this company, did you purchase? is there anything that anyone can advise regarding troylake, i have heard very good things about them.

TUNALI I CON

Message Posted:
27/11/2007 14:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 32 in Discussion

Hi slippery.If you want buy villas or apartments in TRNC you can check our villas.We are the trustable construction company in TRNC we do not have any problems with our customer.We have 31 years experiance in this sector and we have all document from building association.If you want something you can send me a mail

info@tunaliinsaat.com

Emre161104

Message Posted:
03/12/2007 18:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 32 in Discussion

I am going to be doing an inspection trip soon but i too have heard great things about this company and also the Directors behind them. Always very honest and upfront even though they have had delays in completing there homes they have finally started to deliver.

TonyH

Message Posted:
03/12/2007 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 32 in Discussion

just added this to another posting re Troy Lake (they seem to be popular!) I should be on commision

http://troylake.co.uk/special_offer/index.asp

20K off for cash, or 115k cash with the remainder over 12 months

TonyH

Message Posted:
03/12/2007 19:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 32 in Discussion

ooops, amend my last to read 75% of 115k with remaining balance over 12 months, which is a better deal than 20% off for cash.........strange.

Emre161104

Message Posted:
03/12/2007 19:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 32 in Discussion

These villas were priced at 135K, so 20% off for cash would be a discount of 27K, therefore the price of the villa would be 108K and not 115K.

If my calculations are correct what they are currently offering is infact not a better deal or i have just failed to understand exactly what you mean.

Sorry

TonyH

Message Posted:
03/12/2007 19:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 32 in Discussion

no, you are correct Emre, that,s why I have an accountant LOL

apologies.

Emre161104

Message Posted:
04/12/2007 14:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 32 in Discussion

no probs

Some info for you from my instructed solicitor

IMPORTANT INFORMATION 27th November 2007

Good Morning,

May I bring to your notice both that according to the announcement made by the Interior Ministry Under Secretary Hasan Findik yesterday, the New Estate Agents Law will come into operation as from 2nd of January 2008 and that until this date, both the new and old procedure on property sale will be applicable. After the 2nd of January 2008, the old procedure on selling property will cease and that only the new procedure will be applicable.

The main requirement of the new Estate Agent Law is that, no property will be sold/transferred (except between the 1st degree of relatives) without a registered Estate Agent and every property sold will be registered with the Land Registry Office by a registered Estate Agent.

The other main requirements of the Estate Agents Law are below.

a. No property can be sold if their is a mortgage or any other impediment on the land without the knowledge and consent of the buyer.

b. Every sale agreement will be prepared /presented by an Advocate. (Solicitor) and that the advocate who prepared/presented the agreement will put his/her stamp on this Sale Agreement.

c. An Estate Agent can charge between 3% to maximum 5% on each sale.

windy

Message Posted:
01/05/2008 00:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 32 in Discussion

For anyone interested there seems to be 3 threads going now on Troylake ,

This one Troylake and Troylake uk Cyprus LTD

dolly

Message Posted:
16/08/2008 16:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 32 in Discussion

Othello One is now being offered @ £10k less than 2006. Only 3 left! 3 what? Having met Hassan Vahib and his co-Director brother we felt assured that they had adequate experience between them and were capable of invoking contractors obligations and were employing an efficient project manager. What have they done with the money paid by trusting purchasers? How many houses have been completed since 2006?

bradus

Message Posted:
16/08/2008 16:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 32 in Discussion

What is happening with Troy Lake? Is the site completed yet? There were lots of worried customers at one point who had been waiting for their completion for several years.

Is everyone happy now. Has it all turned out ok in the end, as some had hoped?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.