North Cyprus Tourist Board - New Air-con units 24v
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > New Air-con units 24v

New Air-con units 24v

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

charlotte55

Message Posted:
14/04/2009 09:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Has anyone got any idea how much a new one would be the prices I have been quoted seem high?

Thanks

Charlotte

cooper

Message Posted:
14/04/2009 09:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Hi these are Frank & Joan's prices - http://www.frankspecials.com/index.php?id=6

Cooper

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
14/04/2009 09:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

26,000Btu Fujicool will cost you 750Euro supplied and fitted by us.

You could buy cheaper, I wouldn't recommend it. Don't be fooled by "familiar" sounding brand names - they are often just "badged" copies.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
14/04/2009 10:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Cooper,

Ref msg 2.

1. I don't agree with the sizing chart. By my calculations they are undersized by about 25%. This undersizing will be more evident in winter than summer.

2. Unionaire, made in Egypt - at best an "emerging economy" - are more expensive than "Bosch", made in Europe??? Since when was a premium German brand cheaper than an Egyptian one?

The expression "cobblers should stick to their last", springs to mind. Well Cobblers certainly does.

charlotte55

Message Posted:
14/04/2009 10:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Thank you TRNC Vaughan - will be in touch

Charlotte

fire starter

Message Posted:
14/04/2009 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

if you speak with beko tell them the size of your room and they will guide you as to what unit you need.

we purchased from them a couple of years ago, they were the cheapest and have good customer service skills. nice neat and clean installation and on time!

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
14/04/2009 13:32

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Be careful about buying the cheapest. Don't confuse "cheap" with "good value for money".

Cheap air conditioners often use the most power as they can be the least efficient. The cost on day one could be cheapest but after 5 years (say) of higher running costs you could find that the "dearer" units work out to cost you less. Of course, thats assuming the cheap units last 5 years.

You also need to take into account whether you will use your property to live in or just used for holidays. Running costs will depend on useage and you may find that inverter units will save you even more money in lower running costs.

How much will electricity cost in TRNC in 5 years time? I hope it's not so expensive that you can't afford to run your "cheap" a/c.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
15/04/2009 10:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

I have been asked about Chinese air conditioning and whether it is any good or not. The problem can be that their Quality Control is either not very good or non-existant. This can be the case in Chinese owned factories in China, but there are some Japanese companies that own factories in China and their QC is as good as in their Japanese factories. The reason for this is that in Japanese owned factories in China the supervisors and management tend to be Japanese people from the parent company. Without good QC failure rates can be high.

Also, Chinese firms often buy old/obsolete/phased-out technology from Japanese companies that spend fortunes on R&D in order to develop more efficient energy saving a/c.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
27/04/2009 07:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

I have recently been told that there are a/c units being sold and installed here which are branded "Bosch" but that these units are, in fact, badged machines made in China.

Badged machines are produced by a factory who, for a large order, will badge them with any name you like, China being no respector of either trade marks or registered logos.

People who think that they are buying a premium German brand, in this case, are buying nothing of the sort. If in doubt, inspect the packaging the unit comes in and the manufacturers data labels on both the indoor and outdoor units. If you see "Made in P.R.C." or "Made in China", question the authenticity of the brand name.

Caveat Emptor.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.