North Cyprus Tourist Board - 3G, Routers, Karsiyaka
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > 3G, Routers, Karsiyaka

3G, Routers, Karsiyaka

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» All threads about Internet issues in North Cyprus

» Computers & Internet on Cyprus44 Business Directory

NoNowt

Message Posted:
14/04/2009 17:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 2 in Discussion

I am armed with the Turkcell 3G Dongle as of 2 days ago – not much testing value for my 70YTL as I have a couple of days only here to realistically try anything much. I’ve managed to connect directly off the desktop no problem. But I have not had any sort of success with connecting via the router (Draytek Vigor 2820VN – this router is supposed to be compatible with ZTE MF622 which is what the dongle box says). I have no experience with this type of connection and if anyone wants to guide me through any instructions on how to connect / or to try, please fire away. The only parameters I have for use regarding this are: APN name - internet.kktcell & my pin number.

For anyone following my previous post, I finally set up my VPN after pestering Nethouse incessantly to get ports 500 (), 1701 (IPSec), 1723 (PPTP) & 5060 (SIP) opened. After numerous calls and much tinkering it’s all working well. VPN’s been up 12 hours so far without dropping out.

--cont'd --

NoNowt

Message Posted:
14/04/2009 17:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 2 in Discussion

-- cont'd --

I am now connected to the office & home telephone networks via Trixbox (prev. Asterisk) and can make calls to any UK landline for free via 18185. So, I’m well chuffed here!

I’ve only used the 3G for about half an hour on a very short provided USB lead and so am unable to to see how positioning improves performance. But the way things are at the moment, it’s damn sloow compared to my Nethouse connection 1024kbps costing me 500YTL for 6 months.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.