North Cyprus Tourist Board - Banks. Would you want to know?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Banks. Would you want to know?

Banks. Would you want to know?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Banks Related Threads posted so far

» See North Cyprus Interest Rates

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
15/04/2009 12:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Do you think the Government or the Financial Regulator should reveal data on the health of the banks on a regular basis?

If they kept us informed on say a monthly basis as to how all the banks are fairing would it restore confidence in the financial system without unnerving investors, or would it cause a panic for investors in banks that are not performing that well?

fire starter

Message Posted:
15/04/2009 12:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

hi doyen

i think they do give them ratings on a yearly basis. or maybe just as and when?

cornish

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 13:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

And of course we would trust the Government and the Financial regulators to be totally truthful and forthcoming with the facts. I believe the bank of England was fully aware of the 'nightmare scenario' that all of the UK banks had entered into with their purchasing of risky debt - much of it from the US.

But no one cared as long as the directors bonuses kept coming in!!

Why the directors of the UK banks who failed in their responsibility to have a 'duty of care' to their customers i a mystery but then many of them were Scottish of course - friends of Mr. Broon.

elko2

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 14:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

I think all the local banks in TRNC witht he exception of Turkish Bank have given loans and accepted mortgages on land with pre74 GC ownership. Depending on how the Orams case develops, the value of these properties may halve in a short time and thus most of the local banks may be in trouble. There is a further complication that some of these lands have houses built on them and already marketted by the developer i.e. the borrower of the loan may not be interested in paying up and will let the banks fight it out with the buyers in court. All this makes me nervous about the local banks with just a few exceptions.

ismet

sporty

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 14:51

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

elko 2,i'm hoping to be purchasing soon,what bank would you recommend out of the local banks to do transactions with and open accounts etc,etc.?

elko2

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 16:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

I consider Turkish Basnk as the safest local bank and they do have branches in London. Their internet banking is ridumentary but fine if you just want to check the balances. Their interest rates normally lower than others.

ismet

sporty

Message Posted:
12/05/2009 16:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

thanks for that elko2.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.