North Cyprus Tourist Board - Where else would you get help like this?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Where else would you get help like this?

Where else would you get help like this?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

jo7eph

Message Posted:
18/04/2009 12:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Got a flat tyre driving in the back streets of Lapta yesterday. Usual thing, so dug out the spare (one of those get you home skinny things) and jack and so on and started the change, with the wife adding helpful comments like 'do you have any idea of what your doing'. Anyhow, got as far as loosening the wheel nuts when a smartly dressed young man driving a newish car stopped beside me, jumped out and proceeded to take over. Not only did he complete the swap he then led us to the nearest garage to top up the air in the spare, then to the tyre place where he explained what had happened and we got a usable replacement tyre for 20 YTL. Really grateful and probably saved me a heart attack.

When was last time you got help like this in the UK? I do 40/50K a year in the UK and get at least one flat per year and trust me I get no offers of help.

petez

Message Posted:
18/04/2009 12:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

What a nice guy....

scoobydoo

Message Posted:
18/04/2009 13:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

It's nice to hear something good about the trnc for a change, thank you for posting this.

We had a flat once coming down the bellapais hill and couldn't even fight our way into the stupid spare pump thing you get with vw.

We ended up with 2 cars and a van, all locals helping us then after realising that none of us were going to get the pump working they arranged for a garage to come out and take us to their garage. The total bill 15tl.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
18/04/2009 13:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Excellent post Jo7eph. It's good to hear about things like this. I guess this rarely happens in the UK now.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.