North Cyprus Tourist Board - Swimming Pool Cleaning
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Swimming Pool Cleaning

Swimming Pool Cleaning

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all North Cyprus Swimming Pool threads posted so far

laptapines

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 09:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Can anybody recommend a reliable pool cleaning company for Lapta area ?

We are looking for somebody who will actually clean the pool when we are not here !!!

malosvince

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 09:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

We have been using Vine Pools for a couple of months (i think they are under new management), had an excellent service with regard to cleaning also had a problem with the pool going green, they came and fixed the problem, next morning pool was blue and clear again !!

Their telephone number is 0533 8862947

Ozbey

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 10:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

It may have been "blue and clear again" but was it safe to swim in yet? A pool cleaner employed on a regular basis should (barring a few exceptional circumstances) be able to keep a pool clean and swimable for 7 days a week, whether you are here or not. If they maintain the chemical levels within the correct range at all times then it will not go green (i.e. keep the chemicals high enough) and will be safe to swim in (i.e. keep the chemicals low enough).

If you or your guests arrive unexpectedly and find the pool green, the pool cleaner may well come quickly and blitz it, but it may well be unsafe to use for 3 days (not very good if you are only here for a 6 day holiday!).

Sorry, I do not know who to recommend but I am sure there must be some good ones, but be careful who you chose, there are many bad ones.

I have always cleaned my own pool for 6 years, and yes, it has gone cloudy or even green a few times. Each time it has been MY OWN FAULT for neglecting chemical levels.

himen

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 10:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Ozbey, I agree. I have had some bad pool cleaners, but I too have just started with Vine Pools and so far they seem pretty good !

beejay

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 10:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Try Splash Pools based in Lapta.

If you sign up for a year you get the 1st month of the next term free and also get free family membership of the Sunset Beach Club facilities.

Restaurant and Bar prices 20% discount.

Ozbey

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 12:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Before appointing a new pool cleaner ask this question of existing clients :

Has this cleaner ever allowed your pool to go green? Unless they can give a very good reason why, then do not use them. Some clients seem to tolerate an unclean pool on arrival provided that the cleaner comes quickly to rectify, but this should not be acceptable. It means the pool cleaner has not been doing his job properly (or even at all, pending your arrival!). This is not what you have been paying for and can be unsafe - see message 3.

Good luck.

tonykyte

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 12:09

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Try Poolland, really good used for over 18 months, offer all opions including salt pool. Reliable and Sulliman speaks English, we are in Lapta also.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 14:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Before appointing any pool company out here ask them to analyse your pool water and ask for a report. If they don't include Chlorine, pH, Total Alkalinity and Cyanuric Acid, ask them why not. If they do but don't offer any advice for unacceptable readings, ask them why not. Chances are they aren't aware of some of these critical items.

I was recently asked to quote for replacing a perfectly good pool pump. The customers pool kept going green and the pool man said the pump was too small for the pool. He also insisted there was "enough" chlorine in the pool. I analysed the pool water and found the Cyanuric Acid to be over 600ppm. It should be between 50 and 80ppm. At 600ppm if you put enough chlorine in to stop the pool going green, you wouldn't be able to swim in it.

keithcaley

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 14:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Vaughan,

'If I've been paying attention', at a CYA level of 600 ppm, if you put enough chlorine in to stop the pool going green, you would be able to WALK on it!

Keith.

MarkVPiazza

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 14:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Vaughan/Octopus are the best

No contest

Mark

johnty

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 15:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

so many companies dont give you good advice. There are not many things that will allow a pool to go green. 1. not cleaning it enough

2. not enough chemicals

3 Filtration being the biggest of all may be you dont have enough sand in your filtration system. its so easy to check and normally only need 1 bag maybe two. just watch the differance in a few days. so many companies are charging nearly £150 pounds to do this when you can check for yourselve.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 20:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

johnty,

It's not so much about "not enough chemicals" it's more about water balance. If TA is to high, pH will be unstable. If pH is unstable chlorine will be ineffective. If Cyanuric acid is too high, chlorine will be ineffective.

As you can see it's not about "not enough chemicals" it's about balance.

A pool which is in balance won't turn green even if you neglect it for a week or two. A pool out of balance can turn green over night, even though you may think it has "enough" chemicals.

Filtration will only effect water clarity, it has nothing to do with the pool going green. Algae spores are so small they can pass straight through a filter, whether it's full of sand or not.

It is my experience that most pool companies here don't understand water balance and could care less.

himen

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 20:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

trnc vaughan tell you the truth i use you befoure and never saw you doing any off that test in my pool ....

and johnty you are right about sand filter and prices ,in SIBA sand cost its only 12 euro ... 1 bag..

keithcaley

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 23:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Isn't it strange how 'New Members' pop up 'uninvited' to support people promoting businesses, and 'Rubbishing' others?

Do they think that we were born yesterday?

Don't answer that!

And don't give them you name Pike!

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 23:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

OK I feel as though I have to comment on this thread, I asked one of the best pool companies in the TRNC to come out and quote for looking after my neighbors pool (holiday rental villa) the guy came out, had a look and made some comments about the state of the pump room which I accepted. I was given a quote (based on the fact it was a rental villa) which I was happy with and I was all prepared to go into the office to sort out a contract etc, anyway a couple of hours later I had a phone call from their office saying that the price had gone up and they would require 6 months payment in advance. This is not the way I do business and any company that operates like that in my mind is cutting of their nose to spite their face. I have since chosen another company that are totally flexible with the way they do things. They invoice on a monthly basis, they can supply chemicals or you can purchase your own, they also look after a hot tub at no extra cost and so far have done a good job.

AJ

keithcaley

Message Posted:
21/04/2009 09:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

AJ,

Do you *still* think that they are "one of the best pool companies in the TRNC"?

And who are they?

Or at the very least, what company did you eventually use?

Keith.

windwang

Message Posted:
21/04/2009 11:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

hi,our company can suplly the goods you need.

my email is businesswangcn@163.com

keithcaley

Message Posted:
21/04/2009 11:59

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

windwang,

what is the minimum order value that you will ship?

what are the shipping charges from Taiwan to TRNC?

what method of payment can you accept?

can we see a list of products that your company supplies?

does your company have a website?

thank you,

Keith.

TRNCVaughan

Message Posted:
21/04/2009 16:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

himen,

We haven't always been as thorough with our pool testing in the past as we are nowadays. In order for us to be competetive, we needed to charge the same as most of our competitors. and in order to do this we could not offer our customers any more than they were getting from our competitors. However, in conversation with several principles/owners of a few rival pool companies, it became clear that many had only a passing knowledge of water "balance" and, like many people, thought it was just about pH and chlorine. At that point we determined that on taking on a "new" pool contract we would analyse the water in some depth (excuse pun) and advise customers of the balance or lack of it. We do this not to denigrate the previous pool maintainer, but so that we can offer remedies to bring the pool water into balance. Some established pools have been problem pools for some time and unless remedial action is taken, they will remain problem pools, whoever maintains them.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.