North Cyprus Tourist Board - Break in at the kiosk Alsancak football grounds
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Break in at the kiosk Alsancak football grounds

Break in at the kiosk Alsancak football grounds

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Wiser

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 11:15

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 45 in Discussion

On Friday night the kiosk that we rent at the football ground was broken into. They smashed all of the glass door and the window just for the fun of it! They stole all the beer for the up coming rugby match next week. Thank you to the rugby club for notifying us.

Guess who the caught culprits were!! English children aged from 10 to 14 from the local private school!! They were arrested and taken to Lapta police station. This is not the first time they have vandalised things in this area, they are known to have damaged a local restaurant and to of broken into the Mara Monte hotel to drink our beer!!!!

This is why I left England 7 years ago and I am so emabarrassed that it was the british again!

Lilli

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 11:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 45 in Discussion

hi wiser its so sad that a certain element of people are causing so much damage and heartache. What are the parents doing allowing them to drink and vandalize. With all the break ins around now this. It is getting scary xxxxx

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 11:49

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 45 in Discussion

I hope these youngsters are not going to get away with just a slapped wrist, as would happen in the uk. Their parents should make sure that they will not be doing any more damage to anyone's property.

As wiser said, this was one reason for me moving here, i do hope this is not the thin end of the wedge.

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 12:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 45 in Discussion

Geoff - agree with you and sadly, I do think it is probably the thin edge of the wedge. Wiser says that the culprits were English pupils from a local private school. Well, if it's the school I think it may be, I cannot say I'm surprised. A couple of years ago we went to the beach in the morning, to find that it was full of schoolchildren celebrating the last day of term. Now, having had children myself, I do not expect kids to sit still and be quiet, especially on a beach, but their behaviour was, in the main, appalling. They were being "supervised" apparently, bu teachers and parents. This entailed said supervisors sitting at the back of the beach, away from where the kids were kicking footballs and hitting people with them. The inevitable happened and a heavy ball crashed into a couple, smashing their glasses and consequently leaving glass over the beach. When the person dared to complain about the lack of supervision, one the parents stormed up and had a go at him,cont'd

spider

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 12:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 45 in Discussion

the parents were off out too having drinks and dont give a **** what the kids are up to,The police should take them to see the people yhey have broken into,and offer more than just a humble sorry,take the parents with them too.

Spider,x

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 12:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 45 in Discussion

cont'd. miserable and saying "have you not had kids" etc. etc. A row ensued, with supervisor woman storming off and shouting insults.

To be fair, one of the other supervisors did insist that the kids who kicked the ball apologised. I am obviously not sure of which school Wiser was referring to, but I bet I could hazard a pretty accurate guess.

With behaviour like this from parents, what chance have the children got??

J

Dusterbruce

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 13:45

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 45 in Discussion

My friends in Dogankoy have similar problems with feral children running riot on the estate where they live. You guessed it, they are from an English family.

hattikins

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 13:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 45 in Discussion

This type of behaviour is due to the lack of discipline and parenting skills when these children are very young. I have said many times you don't have to beat your children to discipline them, that of course is unacceptable, but the modern practise of treating very young children as young adults, free choice etc, is very much to blame for todays ills. Children need to be taught right from wrong, respect for others, what is socially acceptable behaviour, it's a difficult job as they don't come with instructions but dragging kids up is not the answer, neither is being a poor role model as in the parents mentioned above.

TheSaints

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 14:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 45 in Discussion

It seems to be a common factor in most of the places around the world I have worked and lived, shame really but sometimes the attitude of the parents when complaints are made really does leave a lot to be desired and in some cases explains why the children behave they way they do.

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 14:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 45 in Discussion

Hattikins - agree. When I was bringing my son up, I was constantly told I was far too strict, too hard on him, too much of a disciplinarian, etc. etc. He has been travelling abroad since he was 18 months old and we could take him to restaurants (both here and abroad), weddings, social gatherings without ever feeling he would misbehave or show us up. People used to tell me I was "lucky" to have such a polite, well behaved child. Luck, as most of us will know, had nothing to do with it. It's much harder to say "no" than "yes".

J

Geoff1131MK11

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 14:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 45 in Discussion

Have to agree with The-Wicks, i have two sons who i am really proud of. They know right from wrong, and as you say, the harder i tried as a parent the luckier i became.

Woodspeckie

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 15:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 45 in Discussion

I have four grandchildren and I am proud to say I can take them anywhere, they all have a pastime, boy aged 10 plays rugby and has done since aged 7, one girl aged 12 gymnastics since 3 years old now represents North West in competitions, the other 2 girls 16 & 8 play in various bands at school and community, they are well supported by their parents and us, they are never left to wander the streets they are always too busy training. I am also proud of my Son & Daughter who have led by example in bringing their children up.

halil017

Message Posted:
20/04/2009 19:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 45 in Discussion

i dun it wid ma m8s!:S:D

we r 11 years old by da way and da police never beatus up dey sent us home but pulled our ears lol

sorryyyyy....

malmu

Message Posted:
21/04/2009 22:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 45 in Discussion

I am the parent of the one of the children who broke into the kiosk on Saturday afternoon.

Just to put a few things straight on the things i have read is that the 3 boy's all aged 11 have been severly punished by each of us parents. The window that was smashed has been payed for and the children are paying for the damage themselves. The boy's stole 6 cans of beer so where the rest went i dont know and that is the truth.

I was very upset and let down by my child as you can imagine as he is usually as the other 2 boy's are very polite and well behaved boy's who i can only say a moment of madness by three 11 year olds who thought it would be a laugh to do what they did. After being arrested by the police and having 3 sets of very angry parents to pick them up i truely believe they have learnt a very hard lesson in life not to do it again.

So please dont think all parents are the same and we dont care cause believe me you my blood boils at what happened on Saturday.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
21/04/2009 22:11

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 45 in Discussion

Marion

Thanks for posting that and more to the point thanks for being honest.

AJ

lambousa-sec

Message Posted:
21/04/2009 22:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 45 in Discussion

you can contact Lambousa Securtiy at the Lambousa saturday market, Steve Dickinson insurance services or 0533 845 4809 and also via email

lambousa-security@hotmail.com

The systems are wire free except for the mains power for the control panel and the transformer for the external bell box if you have one.

It signals by use of the GSM network and sends text messages upto 8 different mobile numbers.

The system can be controlled by either remote keypad, remote control fob or by text messages from your mobile phone.

The system consists of control panel, remote keypad, 2 fobs, 3 pirs, 1 door contact, internal sounder, 1 years maintenance (2 maintenance visits with battery changes) and turkcell sim card (but no credit after instalation).

Cost for system £750Stg

hattikins

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 00:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 45 in Discussion

Marion

Please don't beat yourself up about this, children often throw a wobbly but as long as they learn from it then it's an important part of growing up. You are obviously mortified by your sons behaviour which shows clearly that you are a responsible and caring mother. Hope this is the end of it for all of you.

Hattikins

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 01:34

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 45 in Discussion

Marion - I admire your honesty; It's not easy to admit that your child/ren are in the wrong. We can but do our best and hope for the best! As Hattikins says, quite rightly, that as long as children learn from it, it's been a valuable lesson. For those of us on here with grown-up kids who've turned out well, I'm sure we all have tales to tell about the times when we wondered how they would turn out - I know I have!! Unfortunately, there are no text books available about being a parent!

Kind regards.

J

hattikins

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 01:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 19 of 45 in Discussion

Jean,

At times I wondered what would come first, me killing them or them killing me ! In the end they both turned out just fine and have made me very proud.

Hatti.

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 01:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 20 of 45 in Discussion

Message 19 - Hattikins - don't get me started

Jean

Lemtich

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 02:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 21 of 45 in Discussion

Kids are kids!

Worse things happen at sea.

Lets move on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSZmc27BuSI&feature=related

Lem

slimboyfat

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 07:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 22 of 45 in Discussion

Having thought long and hard about this I am of the opinion that these families should be deported.

It was a criminal act and they have brought disgrace on the British community here.

There have been recent break ins in the area, could it be that the children are copying their parents?

If they are not deported then they should leave.

BigMart

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 08:08

Join or Login to Reply
Message 23 of 45 in Discussion

Will there be some beer there for us Rugby fans on Saturday ?

Perhaps the culprits should be paraded around the touchline in chains at half time.

Littlenige

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 08:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 24 of 45 in Discussion

malmu

Well done, any parent who's child has behaved in a way that the parent would not want them to can empathise with you..

Bad enough it happened but to have them and yourself castigated on here must have been terrible for you.

I am sure you will have made sure and will continue to emphasise to the children their behaviour is not acceptable, they will need to EARN your trust and this will take time but please do talk to them and share with them the the effects of their moments of madness.

What they saw as a lark could have had long term devastating effects for the families concerned without the children having a clue about the long term results of their actions.

Good luck to you all.

Little nige

The-Wicks

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 08:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 25 of 45 in Discussion

Message 22. So the voice of reason rings out, NOT. What happenend to you, did you jump from a seven year old to an adult? Never did anything wrong? I doubt there is one person who can say they have lead a blamless life. What these children have done is very wrong, but I would bet they know that now!

Let us draw a line under this incident & move on. Marion, I join in with everyone else who has applauded you for your honesty.

Paul

BigMart

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 09:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 26 of 45 in Discussion

WOW ! Light the blue touch paper and stand well back !

You lot on here take life far too seriously, Can't you see a bit of tongue in cheek humour, you ought to lighten up a bit.

madmazz

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 10:23

Join or Login to Reply
Message 27 of 45 in Discussion

Agree with the Wicks, no-ones child is perfect and Marion is obviously a responsible parent.

hattikins

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 10:26

Join or Login to Reply
Message 28 of 45 in Discussion

Message 22 and 23, Humorous, I don't t think so, hurtful and offensive more like.

BigMart

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 11:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 29 of 45 in Discussion

See what I mean about lighting the blue touchpaper ?

chick

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 13:37

Join or Login to Reply
Message 30 of 45 in Discussion

There seems to be a couple of posters on here who go with the flow, they want to look back on their previous posts on here when they were condemning these children but since the mother has posted they all have gone holier than thou.

hattikins

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 13:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 31 of 45 in Discussion

Chick,

Yes I did condemn the children initially, wrongly in this case, but after hearing the facts from the mother of one of them it is clear that this behaviour is out of character. As she has had the courage to come on this board to put her side of the story, and has made it clear that she is a caring parent then I can see no wrong in responding accordingly. If you see that as being Holier than thou then so be it, I don't suppose you have ever been wrong in your first reaction have you, it must be wonderful to be perfect.

Hattikins

flightholiday

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 14:13

Join or Login to Reply
Message 32 of 45 in Discussion

halil017

Thanks for saying sorry and more so the lone parent who has posted.

I feel that the worry is not these three children (who have hopefully learnt better).

To me the problem is the other youngsters and their parents / schools who have been mentioned. They might need a little assistance from those around them.

If they persist in bad behaviour it will make life hard on all the British who live in or visit the TRNC. It would be nice to try to get this "seen to" within our own society as if this were to happen the native Turkish Cypriots would see all the foreign guests to their country (visitors and residents) in a far better light.

BigMart

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 15:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 33 of 45 in Discussion

Hi Chick,

Haven't you learnt yet that you are not allowed to have an opinion of your own, that does not agree with the regular posters. You naughty girl.

BigMart

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 15:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 34 of 45 in Discussion

Hi Chick,

Haven't you learnt yet that you are not allowed to have an opinion of your own, that does not agree with the regular posters. You naughty girl.

hattikins

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 15:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 35 of 45 in Discussion

Thank you for your words of wisdom Martin, good to see you contributing so much to this thread, I'm sure you feel much better for it.

girne

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 15:25

Join or Login to Reply
Message 36 of 45 in Discussion

If you are to post on this forum please get you facts right.

The kiosk was not broken into on frıday nıght but the Saturday after the football training. The culprits where aged 10/11 and they know they have done wrong and knowing the parents of the culprits the kids have been punished well.

You are saying beer was stolen but only one bottle was taken.

The broken glass was paid for by the culprits parents to the police station direct on the day.

PS have none of you been kids and have broken say a glass bottle for the dare of it sure you all have. Do you think an article such as this should be posted onto the forum. There is vıolence going on every day without mention.

Leave the kids be, they know they have done wrong and appologised to the owner direct.

Wiser

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 16:21

Join or Login to Reply
Message 37 of 45 in Discussion

Dear Marion, thank you for your thread. I have children and I know what it is like. I admit that you paid us 300ytl which will cover the cost of the glass etc but to say that just 7 beers were stolen is a completely wrong. I cannot believe Girnes post!! I thought that it had happened on the Friday evening as I did not think that anyone would do this in broad day light. I was notified at 1.30pm on Saturday. I was not at the police station or their when the police arrived as I was looking after my son. To say nothing was really stolen is ridiculous. We had two large ice cream freezers full of beer and we were left with about 7 cans and retrieved one case from the Mara Monte hotel!!

Dont worry Rugby fans there will still be beer on the day!

malmu

Message Posted:
22/04/2009 20:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 38 of 45 in Discussion

Dear Lydia

So sorry what happened at the kiosk on Saturday. What i don't get is this. I had a phone call on Saturday at 4:45pm to say my son has been arrested for breaking a window and stealing some beer. If you found out at 1:30pm then why did they arrest him at 4:40pm. Also you say it happened on Friday. What makes you say that? When we were coming home from the police station he was saying the window was already broken but we didn't believe him. What he was saying that the window was already broken and he did break the window more and that him and his 2 other friends took 6 cans of beer. Two wrongs don't make a right i said if that is the case.

What now seems to be the answer to me is that someone else has broken in previous to them. If you say that the ice cream freezers were full of beer then it could not have been my son and his friends that took it all.

I still don't condone what he did or trying to shift the blame i just would like to get to the bottom of this

Wiser

Message Posted:
23/04/2009 07:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 39 of 45 in Discussion

I really dont know!! As I said I initally presumed it had been Friday night as I did not think that anyone would do this in broad day light! I knew at 1.30 but was in Girne. We then drove back to the stadium where we found the mess. We then called the police but they took rather a long time to come but they probably were finishing there coffee! I then went home as a 3 year old is not easy to control!

To be honest we should just all forget it I was just very upset that it turned out to be English. My husband and I had a fight at he said it would be English and said he was wrong to assume this. Apparently he did so because they only took beer where as if they had been Turkish they would have taken the lot!!

Anyway it is finished with now and hopefully it will not happen again. Thank you though for replying and too be honest I do not think that we will every get to the bottom of this. Lydia

louismyrotti

Message Posted:
28/04/2009 19:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 40 of 45 in Discussion

I too am the parent of one of these children who smashed a window at the Aisancak stadium, and I can assure you that my 11 year old son did not go unpunished for what he was involved in.

He like the other two are good kids at heart, and were for whatever reason badly behavoured on that particular day. They had got their hearts set on playing football at the stadium with many other kids and were told on arrival that they were too young and had to go home. It is NO EXCUSE, but I personally beleive that they did this on the spur of the moment, as they were upset at not being able to play the match.

My son knows that what he did was wrong, and wishes to apologise to all those who were let down by his behavour on that Saturday. I like the other two parents were made to pay for damages, which I whole heartedly agree with, and have come down hard on the children, who thankfully do not do this on a regular basis.

Not all parents are bad parents.

Apologies to all.

louismyrotti

Message Posted:
28/04/2009 19:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 41 of 45 in Discussion

It saddens me to see such people with such a low opinion of children.

Just because a window has been smashed, does not mean that they are going to rob your house, and to say that they take after their parents is disgraceful.

Does it mean that every 11 year old, should be deported along with parents???

Maybe you did something to be ashamed of in your past?? Mistakes happen and thankfully these kids have learnt their lesson in life, and will hopefully grow up to be law abiding citizens, who do not sit in front of a computer with nothing better to do than comment on something that they know nothing about.

Your time could be better spent, dodging angry parents!!!!!!

Bladerunner

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 10:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 42 of 45 in Discussion

let he who have not sind cast the first stone

jock1

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 12:58

Join or Login to Reply
Message 43 of 45 in Discussion

The best stoning i witnessed, was on the life of Brian.... brilliant!!!!

Littlenige

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 13:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 44 of 45 in Discussion

It is many years since I was stoned

jock1

Message Posted:
18/05/2009 13:43

Join or Login to Reply
Message 45 of 45 in Discussion

High nige........

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.