North Cyprus Tourist Board - DIY supplies
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > DIY supplies

DIY supplies

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See all Do It Yourself (DIY) threads posted so far

Nglbarnes

Message Posted:
11/02/2008 11:03

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

We are coming out to our recently acquired villa in Alsancak on 17th Feb for a week and have already got paint brushes, roller, dust cover to bring from the UK, but where is the best place to get paint and any other DIY bits n pieces? Her indoors will only be giving the inside a lick o paint to smarten it up a bit whilst I, afer my supervisory role, will leave her to it and go exploring the wonders of NC. (We would only argue if I stayed put lol)

I am also considering getting someone to whitewash the outside walls, its only a small 2 bed terrace, any ideas of how much it would cost and any decent locals you could recommend?

orangekazzie

Message Posted:
11/02/2008 11:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

I suggest you start with Marshalls which is on the main road between Girne and Alsancak. Heading from Girne its on the right-hand side opposite Lemar.

Karen

kcboro

Message Posted:
11/02/2008 23:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Hi all,

Be careful to explain fully what you need, or better still have a good understanding of turkish

I asked for white gloss paint and although I i am ignorant as yet in speaking turkish I am trying, I thought i had explained myself well enough to get what i wanted, only to find out 2 days later when i went to paint my door stensions, that i had bought green enamel!!!

more effort in learning the language on my part i think.

I Just put it down to experience and will try harder next time.

Gave us a laugh though, we both hate green! and it was cheap.

Nglbarnes

Message Posted:
12/02/2008 01:40

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Kcboro,

thanks for the info, will get my turkish friend to write down all I need, 'er indoors will have a hissing fit if its not the colour she wants and it will be all my fault again lol

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.