North Cyprus Tourist Board - Denktash told the Cyprus Mail: “We also bought votes"
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Denktash told the Cyprus Mail: “We also bought votes"

Denktash told the Cyprus Mail: “We also bought votes"

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Cyprus44 North Cyprus Guide (Over 200 Info Pages)

» Book North Cyprus Hotels and Flights

Aga Buyers A G

Message Posted:
27/04/2009 13:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

and they are all as honest as the day is long - NOT - geez what next !

http://latchfords.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!AED4FE7679CA3C33!1913.entry

As regards the water problem in Arapkoy - cripes what would have happened if Amaranta Valley was finished - Sahara springs to mind !!!!!

ABAG

xxxxxx

Littlenige

Message Posted:
27/04/2009 13:14

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

The news would have been if he had not bought votes.

Aslan

Message Posted:
27/04/2009 13:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

The UK and other international governments have always bought votes, especially now the UK has MP's who represente vast cultures and have bought the "votes for sale" election culture with them.

The only concern with Serdar Denktash is where the monies came to fund this vote purchase, most cypriots and expats are aware of the notorious citizens that he has befriended over the years, if he can prove that not a lira was from "black money" then there is no case against him! We always go on about how corrupt the TRNC administration is and has been, the only difference between this administration and the UK is that corruption is blatant, they are happy for the electorate to know and don't hide their back door tactics like the tories, labour and liberals of Blighty!

keithcaley

Message Posted:
27/04/2009 13:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Nige,

Too true!

My favourite description of TRNC Politics is that it consists of driving round in a lorry full of Fridge-freezers, swapping them for votes...

Keith.

AlsancakJack

Message Posted:
27/04/2009 13:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Aslan

Spot on. There is not one country I know of that is not corrupt, even the EU is corrupt. The only difference is the sophistication of corruption and how visible it is to the people. I would much rather see and understand the 'corruption' in the TRNC than speculate about what is happening in the EU and associated countries.

AJ

elko2

Message Posted:
27/04/2009 14:19

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

ActuallyI like him although I did not vote for him. He is more honest and direct than most of the politicians. I am afraid he was telling the truth but when he is questioned by the police about his admission I expect him to claim that he exaggerated it and did not actually give any money. There is no circumstantial evidence and the matter will be put to rest. We will see.

ismet

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.