North Cyprus Tourist Board - Wanted: Holiday Apartment 18-24th May
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Wanted: Holiday Apartment 18-24th May

Wanted: Holiday Apartment 18-24th May

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Read about North Cyprus Holidays

» Book your North Cyprus Holiday online

» Book North Cyprus Hotels Online: Secure & Easy

Les&Tasha

Message Posted:
28/04/2009 17:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

We are looking for a holiday let in Kyrenia or West Kyrenia.

3 bedrooms (2 adults, 2 children) Pool not inportant. Prefer somewhere not on a complex.

We are prepared to pay TL 600 in cash. You can have passport photocopies for security and we will pay for any reasonable charges (breakages, electric, etc) We will NOT pay a security deposit. Five years of living in Turkey has taught us that you never get money back from a Turk...

Email to bb789065@yahoo.com We will reply quickly.

cronos

Message Posted:
28/04/2009 17:50

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Les&Tasha....."you never get money back from a Turk... " !!

Are you still with the Diplomatic Corp ?

Les&Tasha

Message Posted:
28/04/2009 18:02

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Are you still with the Diplomatic Corp ?

No just lived in Turkey since 2004...

the butler

Message Posted:
28/04/2009 18:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Dear Les & Tasha,

Most of the people who rent out holiday lets here are Uk citizens. I rent my property out but I would never take a booking without a deposit or a damage bond. I think you will find that most owners do the same.

The butlers wife.

Les&Tasha

Message Posted:
28/04/2009 18:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Well Mrs Butler,

You decide how you will conduct your business. I can walk into a travel agent in Alanya and make a deal like this tomorrow morning which is what I will probably do. You either meet customer requirements or you don't make any money...

Tasha

pemos

Message Posted:
07/05/2009 18:56

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Hi Les and Tasha we have apartments in Bellapais self contained, with a large pool but how old are your kids as there are 5 apartments in total!

Les&Tasha

Message Posted:
08/05/2009 00:04

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Hello Pemos,

We sorted out our rental very quickly. An american guy accepted our offer immediately. The other weeks rental on the south side went to a holiday company. Even cheaper and they accepted credit cards !

The British people doing holiday lets reminded me of Blackpool landladies when I was a kid. Snotty letters acting like they were doing me a favour. Look at Blackpool nowadays and it is plain to see where that attitude leads...

the butler

Message Posted:
08/05/2009 00:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Hi Les & Tasha,

We are only covering our own backs, what if something got broke or seriously damaged and you hadn't taken a bond? Or what if you hadn't taken a deposit but kept two weeks for you and then at the last minute you decided to go somewhere else, in the meanwhile you had turned someone else down. The fact that you have been lucky with not paying a deposit just shows how desperate some owners are to rent out their properties but I am not one of them. I am also not snobby, just careful.

The butlers wife

CasaCoco

Message Posted:
08/05/2009 09:48

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Hi Les & Tasha

I read your comments about not wanting to pay a deposit for renting a property, and whilst I do understand your point about not getting your money back from certain individuals, you cannot go around tarring everyone with the same brush. Just because you have had a bad experience with the Turks, I think you will find that most British expats living abroad will return your money if you have left the apartment as you found it. I rent apartments in Bahrain and it is common here for everyone to pay one month's rent as a security deposit. Unless someone has seriously trashed a place or broken expensive items, all deposit money is refunded. The refunds are given by expats as well as Arab nationals who rent their proprties.

It is unfair of you to accuse landlords of being 'snobby' just because they want a deposit. If you are a decent tenant you would understand this concept and if you rented a place of your own, are you telling us that you wouldn't want a deposit??

Notsoboredhw

Message Posted:
08/05/2009 09:57

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Hi Les and Tasha

You will find most sensible people will take a breakages bond to use for breakages or over use of air conditioning/electricity. Some poor people have rented their apartments out and had it abused by people leaving on the air conditioning 24/7 and have then landed a huge bill. Maybe if you owned an apartment and rented it out you might take a different stanse if your apartment was abused, trashed or you had a huge bill!

Enjoy your holiday

millzer

Message Posted:
08/05/2009 11:06

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Butler just stick by you guns and what you feels right for you in terms of renting out your place

Quote: "You either meet customer requirements or you don't make any money"

Some of us are not THAT desperate to rent out at any cost.

CasaCoco

Message Posted:
08/05/2009 13:00

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Every owner will do what feels right for them but it is common sense to take a bond and any potential 'renters' must either accept this or look elsewhere. If you are lucky to find someone that will rent out their furnished property to someone they don't know from Adam without any form of security deposit, then you are very lucky indeed. I for one, would not give my apartment to anyone without a deposit, but I am more than happy to return it at the end of the guests stay if the apartment is intact. I am not such an ogre to deduct costs such as a broken plate or glass etc, accidents happen, but some tenants think it is their god-given right to leave the electricity and/or air conditioning on 24/7 just because they have rented the place.

Les & Tasha, you may not be those sort of tenants, but a landlord has the right to take precautions as there are many people who don't give a damn when renting someone else's apartment/villa!

Les&Tasha

Message Posted:
25/05/2009 11:30

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

We got back yesterday. The bungalow in Kariskaya was TL600 + TL30 for electricity used. Left cleaner than found. The house and pool had been closed up for the winter nand there were a few gremlins. The cartaker Pete could not have been more helpful.

A TL500 rental deposit (the most you will get for a weeks rental) will not even begin to cover your losses if your property is abused. PERIOD. A credit card guarentee apparently offers marginally more protection but a large charge can be easily reversed. Credit card companies do not wish to get involved in arguements like this. Any experienced business person would be aware of this.

The comments made since our last post confirm my judgement. Blackpool landlady attitude. The solution lies in proper, on the spot, property management, as PROFESSIONAL holiday companies do! You lot are just a bunch of amateurs trying to reduce the cost of running your holiday home...

dizzycows

Message Posted:
25/05/2009 13:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Ooooooh Les and Tasha, why did you want a holiday villa when you state that folks should get professional holiday companies to do the management! I assume these such villas are on a complex!!! A lot of villas owners are not able to have such a luxuary! lol

phylray

Message Posted:
25/05/2009 13:24

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Don't think any of the owners claimed to be professional. Just being sensible and cautious.

Blackpool's problems have nothing to do with "snotty landladies" It was a very popular resort

for many years, cheap and cheerful, (especially for the Scots!) until foreign holidays began.

I find the remark about Turks quite different to my own experience, having lived and worked there

for several years, and still in contact with extremely honest, generous and hospitable people.

I only let out my property to friends, relatives or people I know well, and do not ask for bonds.

sienna

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 18:16

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

ouch Les & Tash - personally I wouldn't let you step foot in my door with that attitude ! can do without your custom - couldnt even have swim for your money and you thought you had done well Ha! pleased you had gremlins you deserved more than a few

and the rest of your post shows how ignorant you are not even worth wasting time on!

the butler

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 19:46

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Hi all,

I am just so pleased that I stuck to my guns with these two. They are certainly not the kind of renters I would want in my place. I am certainly not that desperate that I would take any booking without a deposit and those owners that do, must be mad in my opinion.

The butlers wife

millzer

Message Posted:
26/05/2009 22:54

Join or Login to Reply
Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Message 13. Glad that the people you rented the villa from aspired to some incredibly high standards, just a shame that the low standards which you display with your comments and the contempt that you show to people on this board weren't a little better. Enjoy your trip back to Turkey if that where you are going, I guess our gain is their loss. Just be careful you don't disappear up your own @rses on your way over.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.