North Cyprus Tourist Board - Larnaca airport who owned the land
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > Larnaca airport who owned the land

Larnaca airport who owned the land

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» Driving Directions from Larnaca Airport to Kyrenia

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

tonykyte

Message Posted:
28/04/2009 19:38

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Does anyone know owned the land at Larnaca aiport pre 1974, maybe we can help them start an action for restitution, given the Oram's ruling ?

coolkid

Message Posted:
28/04/2009 19:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

we should all sponser the owner perhaps and it would at least show the South that all the land retribution is not one sided and buying in the South would have the same implication as the North .

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
29/04/2009 08:18

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Going by the way the RoC thinks.. the TC(s) OWNING the land at Larnaca Airport - go to court and put in a claim.. They have to live in the "south" for six months - hardly fair - and should be challenged .

BUT.. and it is a BIG but .. the land was used for a public works project - not given to a "citizen" who sold it for private gain..

For sure the owners deserve proper compo - and it weakens the RoC case to behave otherwise.

Can ANYBODY tell me why a TC hasn't taken the RoC to the ECHR over the six month "residency" rule, pre application for what is still their property?

bah100

Message Posted:
29/04/2009 08:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

6m askes why no TC has challenged the 6 months rule imposed by the RoC, some years ago I asked the same question of a TC who said simply that in the TC's eyes the "goverment of the RoC" is not recognised by them as the legitemate goverment under the original constitution of 1964. Whereas the GC's always can take the legitemate government of Turkey to ECHR the TC's cannot unless the acknowledge the "goverment of the Roc" as being legitemate. A case of "Catch 22".

daffodils

Message Posted:
29/04/2009 08:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Hi Tony,

Hope you are good? Moving out in September. See you soon. Lynn Blackpool

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
29/04/2009 08:42

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Dear bah100,

re msg 4

"in the TC's eyes the "goverment of the RoC" is not recognised by them as the legitemate goverment under the original constitution of 1964"

Your TC does recognise a "GC state" - just not it's authority to represent all of all of Cyprus ... They forget that, apart from TURKEY, everyone else in the UN does....

Forgive me, but many TCs carry RoC passports, but that doesn't mean they recognise the constitution of 1960 remains intact !!! ...

ataturk

Message Posted:
01/05/2009 23:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

As far as I am aware the person that owns the land where the airport is situated has lodged a claim and has asked the government to stop the extension of the airport. He has also rejected the compensation they have offered him. Very unfair

Bradus

Message Posted:
01/05/2009 23:39

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Ataturk

This case I believe is to be heard at the ECHR's. It was compulsory purchased but without informing the owners, despite their whereabouts being known. Part of the land was used to build the original airport and then an extension was recently added, again without informing the TC owners. So questions are being asked about the legality of the purchase.

Why didn't the TRNC take the compulsory purchase route? I feel that most TC's will find that much of their land has been compulsory purchased.

Back door approach to grabbing land?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.