North Cyprus Tourist Board - I propose a new law to help the Orams and the like
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > I propose a new law to help the Orams and the like

I propose a new law to help the Orams and the like

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

» See All North Cyprus Lawyer Discussions posted so far

» Law Firms on Cyprus44 Business Directory

» Read about Orams Case Land Dispute Judgement

» North Cyprus Title Deeds

» Is It Safe to Buy in Northern Cyprus?

pinkchilli

Message Posted:
03/05/2009 08:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

The problem is with anyone who has assets in the EU that bought exchange land.

The person that originally sold the exchange land would have been a displaced TC. So, he/she "left" their land behind in the South.

My recommendation is that when any exchange land is sold, the land left in the South is also "sold" to the new owners.

Now, let the Orams counter-sue for exactly the same, but in the South. We all now that the land in the South is and, especially now, worth many, many times more.

If this doesn't happen, the only winners will be the TC's that sold their exchange land. Sell what's not mine, and hope to get back what was mine.

millzer

Message Posted:
03/05/2009 08:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

I agree pinkchilli and this is where TRNC gov lets themselves down. They need to show a committment to buyers of exchange land by 'assigning' the land in the south to the 'exchange' land in the north. This would I presume by fairly easy to do and could also be retrospective and would at least give buyers of exchange land some confidence that there is something tangible in the south that they can 'trade off' against.

This ought to be done anyway because in the event of a settlement ,if compensation is one of the options then surely land values north and south will have to be assessed in order to calculate what if any compensation is payable.

For example, IF (and i know its an if) it was agreed that the exchange land scheme was recognized as an option it could be that the land in the south is worth more than the land in the north so could possibly mean that owners of exchange land in the north are owed compensation by the GC occupying the TC land in the south. Just a thought.

millzer

Message Posted:
03/05/2009 08:36

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

cont'd from message 2.

It surely can't be right that the TC that was given the GC land in the north is allowed to sell that land to a foreigner whilst still retaining the ownership rights to the land he/she gave up in the south. I do seem to recall reading somewhere that TC given GC land had to surrender the title deeds to the land owned in the south, but the question is; what has happened to those deeds and what do the \trnc gov propose to do with them.

pinkchilli

Message Posted:
03/05/2009 08:41

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

Millzer

Between us, we can create a huge property boom in the North.

Imagine buying cheap exchange land in the North, WITH the title deeds to some very nice land in the South.

If there is no solution, you need not worry as you paid very little.

If there is a solution you will be laughing all the way to the bank, assuming the bank is still trading!

So, create a new law and hey presto, Bob's you're uncle, etc and the exchange land in the TRNC is worth more than land in the South.

Problem solved.

I recommend myself as the next negotiator in the talks. Any seconders?

rolly

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 12:47

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

question how do you get to know the land you are on is what ie greek /turkish/land andhow do you know if anyone has a claim pending or is proposing a claim against the land you are on.also the land we are on is a complex 14 of us including 3 turkish famlies.we were told that and its only village talk that it was church land owned bythe greek church. however it was then given to a turkish person many years ago by a past president of trnc in leiu of services to the president. what would be the position on this one . any ideas please.also i wuold if it came to the crunch be happy to pay compo to the owner at the rate of pre 74 or even after to keep my home.i bought my home in good faith if that means anything and all agreed and legally through the legal system in the north. if any thing the trnc should pay any compo on my behalf after all they confirmed and agreed the sale of land to all 14 of us. please advices.

Bradus

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 13:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Rolly

" then given to a Turkish person many years ago by a past president of trnc in leiu of services to the president"

This sounds like TMD land. What does it say on your tiltile deeds?

TheSaints

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 13:52

Join or Login to Reply
Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Rolly,

everyone bought in good faith it may have been misguided but that is the way it is.

On the bottom of your title deed at the right hand side there will be a heading if I remember rightly it will say Dossier No underneath that there will be a reference no it may have letters in front of it, i.e. ES, TMD etc Bradus is aking for this info to answer your question.

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 15:31

Join or Login to Reply
Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

All those who purchased properties on exchange land have done nothing wrong. The persons who were originally given the exchange land and sold it on are to blame. The GC's will have to go after them - not you. The UK courts will state this later in the year.

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Dear Mike, The Saints

re msg 7

"everyone bought in good faith it may have been misguided but that is the way it is. "

Sorry, but that's a mistake.. many folk will tell you they knew fine well what the situation was was / might become in "TRNC" but thought it was a risk worth taking !

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 15:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

If only the Turkish army had marched right over the Island...if only!

clayton

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 17:20

Join or Login to Reply
Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

it might still do

deecyprus4

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 18:07

Join or Login to Reply
Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Somehow gary I dont think so...but we can live in hope

MimoMar

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 18:44

Join or Login to Reply
Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

What is exchange land except a marketing tool of the beneficiaries?

Bradus

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 20:27

Join or Login to Reply
Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

A very, very clever concept "exchange land"

Without this cunning title many might not have purchased. It sort of legitimised buying in the TRNC and many hundreds think everything was above board.

Turtle

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 20:33

Join or Login to Reply
Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

There seems to be very little in the way of "statements" coming from the TRNC govenment.

Wondering what will happen next ?

No1Doyen

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 20:55

Join or Login to Reply
Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

IF, you have to give your exchange land back, then you want the land in the south that it was supposedly exchanged for. If this us not forthcoming then you will receive a UK court judgement allowing you to sue the person(s) who sold you the land.

cronos

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 21:01

Join or Login to Reply
Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Bradus.....msg 14

Too true....."Disputed Land" would have not been so attractive on the sales brochure,would it ?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.