North Cyprus Tourist Board - living in the north working in the south is it possible?
North Cyprus
North Cyprus > North Cyprus Forum > living in the north working in the south is it possible?

living in the north working in the south is it possible?

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Board | Already a member? Login

Popular Posts - List of popular topics discussed on our board.

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.

Paul09

Message Posted:
03/05/2009 10:12

Join or Login to Reply
Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

I am thinking of buying in Kyrenia and was wondering can I cross the border each day and go work in Nicosia?

Is there anybody doing this? Knowing jobs are tight in the north.

Thanks.

goonerstan

Message Posted:
03/05/2009 11:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

morning Paul, yes you can cross border for work, or shopping many people do that

Paul09

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 13:35

Join or Login to Reply
Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Sorry to bother you again

Do you know where I can find out about all the paperwork i might need to do it?

thanks.

You can tell I am new here can't you! ;)

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 13:53

Join or Login to Reply
Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Dear Paul09

re msg 1/3

In THEORY you can do it...

BUT..

I KEEP asking on here... I NEVER get an answer..

WHO do you pay tax / social insurance to?

In the "rump" RoC you have to give a contact address to the social insurance dept and register at immigration - again showing your address.

I wonder how the "rump" RoC authorities can write to an address in "TRNC"? .. It doesn't "exist" to them...

Now the local TCs can get around it. I know the RoC don't allow folk living in the area beyond their effective control to benefit from reciprocal health care.. but if you are paying social insurance...

guinness

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 14:17

Join or Login to Reply
Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Yes its OK, but I when I work in north Lefkosa I have a Bulgarian colleague who takes her kids to the south to school every day, and they give her hell and often delay her even though she has an EU passport and some formidable ID. The TC side are no problem.

So you might have to be patient at times.

Best of luck.

Guin

mmmmmm

Message Posted:
04/05/2009 15:05

Join or Login to Reply
Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Dear Guinsess

re msg 5

If your Bulgarian Colleague believes her right as an EU citizen is being impeded by the RoC authorities - she should first complain to the ministry of the interior - and failing a suitable response / no improvement - she contact SolVIT - an organisation liaising between EU member states or helping third party EU nationals with what they consider to be poor / bad implementation of EU Directives .

Failing that she can contact the Cyprus Govt Ombudsman and the EU Commission - who WILL deal with her complaint .

I have found that RoC immigration do not mess with EU citizens and they cannot unless they are breaking a RoC law - whereby they must charge you or allow you unimpaired passage - or if you are a risk to National security or public health.

North Cyprus Forums Homepage

Join Cyprus44 Forums | Already a member? Login

You must be a member and logged in, to post replies and new topics.